EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Guess:868134 said:
Not sure about now but heard similar thing about breastfeeding. That even if mother is sick, one should continue breastfeeding as our body builds antibodies which is good for the baby.

It seems everybody is suffering from inflamed throat, fever and cold.
Guess, I oso continued breastfeeding my #1 even though I was v sick (down with runny nose and cough).. but if direct feeding, it is best to wear a mask la to avoid passing the germs to the little one..

Guess

Charchia, you made it sound so easy and smooth :) I wish to have same experience as yours minus want water bag to break by itself. No long painful labor. keeping my fingers and toes crossed :)

shanice99

I am home already... was discharge yesterday... My baby boy wslas born on 26 April 2014 at 0812hours... weighing 2.862kg at 37 weeks...

My birth story... decided to go for a check as feeling a lot of omfort and tightening of tummy for a few days but gynae ask me to admit myself once I hit 37 weeks... so I waited... after my hubby finish work, he came to fetch me and we went to KKH... was at observation ward from 2230pm to 0030hrs... suddenly my gynae appeared as he was around doing delivery so he decided to drop by and check on me... when he check the chart, there was no sign of contractions... wanted to discharge me but he decided to check for dilation since I have been complaining about discomfort... n realise was already 4cm... so send to delivery ward and waiting game begins... Straight away give epidural... They burst my water bag at 5am coz it still didn't burst... At 7 plus am, baby heartbeat suddenly drop with every contraction.... imeediately the nurse call gynae in to prepare for delivery but was only dilated about 8cm... gynae check and say wait for another half hour... less than that I was fully dilated... keep pushing but cannot... suddenly I dunno y I laugh till I cough then he pop out... lol...
Congrats to u.. Ya think 2nd baby is more easier to come out. wa u cough and ur baby comes out, seems like drama lei..lol..think u will be bz with ur #1 n 2 at home now liao...Juz now I asked my boss abt when I shd go on ML.. He advise me to work til 9/5( last day of work) wor...& he told me tat if I wan to take earlier also can, depends on me. I told him I will ask my gynae this fri when I go for check up. My fren's edd is 30/4 and she says she still waitin game, her appt is tmr, and her doc will advise her on the date tat she want for induce. Her baby is v big now 3.9 kg last week. and this week mayb bigger le..

Tannie

Yes, we shld continue to breastfeed when we r sick cause there will be anti bodies... but I dun think it is the same when we r preggie. .. dun think it is good when we take medication. .. hope I recover before pop...

CharChia

yes can breastfeed even though sick... only when taking certain medication then sometimes doctor willadvise u to stop awhile...

CharChia

shanice99, wow ur col baby is so big... when I was warded the mummy beside me the baby also 3.9kg she had to go for emergency c sect coz cannot come out...

shanice99

shanice99, wow ur col baby is so big... when I was warded the mummy beside me the baby also 3.9kg she had to go for emergency c sect coz cannot come out...
ya loh. is my fren's first baby boy wor..but hers and her hub body structure is average size lei. not big..her doc says her baby like ang mo baby, big size de..hee...she told me 1 week before, her baby weight is 2.9 kg and one week after is 3.9 kg.. duno abt this week wor..lol..bt I think depends de ba.. my col told me tt her fren baby 5plus kg also can natural birth wor..

meltie

Thanks charchia for sharing your story! Congrats again! jiayou !! We'll be joining you soon!!

ya shld continue as our bodies are fighting the the infection, we have antibodies.. So it's actually good to pass the antibodies to our babies.. i did the same previously.. Continued but take precautions not to sneeze into her face .. Haha

wah big baby! 3.9kg?! My friend with small build also gave birth to a girl at 4.2kg! Its crazy.. Hahaa her baby is huge! Hmm i'm not sure how big my baby is now.. Tomorrow is my appt .. Shall see.. Wah i'm getting very impatient in this waiting game but at the same time not prepared too.. Some of my friends say just let baby come out and i will feel better and start managing everything! Haha coz now really in pain everyday and straining.. :p this week is my 38th week on thurs .... I have a feeling baby might just come anytime though coz its my 2nd pregnancy and everything is loose down there... :p

its another super hot and humid day.. #1 is napping and i have sweated the wholemmorning taking care of her, cooking, washing, laundry and etc.. Sweat like mad as if i just showered.. Cannot imagine confinement period... I need to bathe!!! Hmm i wonder how my CL will help me out .. Not aure if she will be able to help me with #1... If can, will be best.. So i can rest rather than throwing #2 to her and i still have to juggle #1.... :p see how it goes bah....

shanice99

Thanks charchia for sharing your story! Congrats again! jiayou !! We'll be joining you soon!!

ya shld continue as our bodies are fighting the the infection, we have antibodies.. So it's actually good to pass the antibodies to our babies.. i did the same previously.. Continued but take precautions not to sneeze into her face .. Haha

wah big baby! 3.9kg?! My friend with small build also gave birth to a girl at 4.2kg! Its crazy.. Hahaa her baby is huge! Hmm i'm not sure how big my baby is now.. Tomorrow is my appt .. Shall see.. Wah i'm getting very impatient in this waiting game but at the same time not prepared too.. Some of my friends say just let baby come out and i will feel better and start managing everything! Haha coz now really in pain everyday and straining.. :p this week is my 38th week on thurs .... I have a feeling baby might just come anytime though coz its my 2nd pregnancy and everything is loose down there... :p

its another super hot and humid day.. #1 is napping and i have sweated the wholemmorning taking care of her, cooking, washing, laundry and etc.. Sweat like mad as if i just showered.. Cannot imagine confinement period... I need to bathe!!! Hmm i wonder how my CL will help me out .. Not aure if she will be able to help me with #1... If can, will be best.. So i can rest rather than throwing #2 to her and i still have to juggle #1.... :p see how it goes bah....
oh think we have the same edd wor..lol..I at office and on my mini fan as well wor..ya i know outside v warm de..lol..i onli had my first coconut drink, last week nv got chance to drink yet. mayb to9 dinner will drink ba..urs is loose dw there, but mine is tight wor...lol...first baby ma..ya is better for the baby to come out by herself than induce lo..ya lo. at hm i wearing v less and fan have to blow at me n still sweat bit...if during confinement, have to covered up, i duno how will it be like wor..my col is having her 2nd baby in jun and she say takin care of baby v easy one, juz feed n bath onli....

jeslow

wah..Charchia, ur experience sounds easy..hehe..wish I will have a smooth and easy deliery too, but 1st one think won't be so easy lah =p

I planned to take my mat. leave starting from next week (1 week earlier) but dunno should anot..will be going for gynae appt on Wed so guess i will see what she says then decide when i should start my mat. leave bah..

Piglim

Son down with HFMD. Sian. Worst of all over the wkend we had been sharing food.. Dunno if will affect baby anot. Tml taking leave to tk care of son then wed mil will come in to take over. Sigh why do kids fall sick so often... See hhim so poor thing before his actual 1st day of sch kenna rosella, (rash n fever) then went sch for 3 weeks.. then last week cough had to tk med, hubby said let him rest for 1 wk.. then just went back to sch last friday now HFMD also got med.

Melancholy

Piglim hope ur son will get well soon! My son fall sick almost every month. Previously bought him for his appt and doctor says his tonsils are still quite swollen. Next appt 3 months later and if it's still the same, might have to refer to ENT and do surgery to cut away the tonsils.

This morning i woke up with the most painful leg cramp i have ever experienced. And nowadays tummy keep feeling being stretched so hard till it hurts.

meltie

oh think we have the same edd wor..lol..I at office and on my mini fan as well wor..ya i know outside v warm de..lol..i onli had my first coconut drink, last week nv got chance to drink yet. mayb to9 dinner will drink ba..urs is loose dw there, but mine is tight wor...lol...first baby ma..ya is better for the baby to come out by herself than induce lo..ya lo. at hm i wearing v less and fan have to blow at me n still sweat bit...if during confinement, have to covered up, i duno how will it be like wor..my col is having her 2nd baby in jun and she say takin care of baby v easy one, juz feed n bath onli....
Wah i point fan directly at myself also no use.. Asking hubby to buy better fan.. But w a toddler, we have to go for tower fan.. Hopefully can buy soon.. Hmm my tummy tight but the bottom area feels like wanna give way.. Super strained.. :/ in pain .. Esp when getting up from the floor.. I did not cover uo during confinement.. As long as not direct fan can liao.. But i was super hot.. So most of the time in aircon room breastfeeding..

Wah gd that ur colleague has an easy baby.. I wish i had .. But my bb went through alot in the first few mths.. Not that easy for a first time mum .. :/ i had a super hard time and i am wishing i don't have to go through it again with #2.. Praying #2 will be free of colic, reflux, jaundice, allergies, ezcema, etc..

meltie

Son down with HFMD. Sian. Worst of all over the wkend we had been sharing food.. Dunno if will affect baby anot. Tml taking leave to tk care of son then wed mil will come in to take over. Sigh why do kids fall sick so often... See hhim so poor thing before his actual 1st day of sch kenna rosella, (rash n fever) then went sch for 3 weeks.. then last week cough had to tk med, hubby said let him rest for 1 wk.. then just went back to sch last friday now HFMD also got med.
Oh dear.. Jiayou piglim! U gotta pump up ur vit C! Need to take care of son somemore..xiong.. Is he cranky with the ulcers or blisters? Must be not ez.. Sigh thats the problem with childcare.. Kids always fall sick.. They say need at least 6 mths to fall sick to build the library of immunity and antibodies.. Poor toddlers.. :/ My fren's gal started childcare at 18mths and sick to the max every week.. She n her hubby maxed out on childcare leave and annual leave.. Her girl even had severe dehydration due to hmfd twice and had to admit, kenna bronchitis, etc etc..always super high fever..roseola 2-3times..now 2.5 yrs old.. Slightly better, but still sick here and there... Common cough and colds and virals..

Sigh thats why i dunno how .. Shld i send my girl to playgrp? Will she fall sick and i have a newborn at home? Somemore she has always been vulnerable and weaker.. :p see how it goes bah..

Jiayou piglim! Pls check w ur gynae what you can do to ensure safety of u n ur bb inside! Take care and drink lotsa water!

mrsxu

hi mummies....i am the one who started tis thread but 'disappeared' cos was having very bad morning sickness and heartburn thruout the whole 9mths.
i have delivered my dearest dotter thru natural birth last sat...all is good for me and her but i guess i am having some blues now....hopefully all will be good soon.

JIAYOU MUMMIES!

meltie

hi mummies....i am the one who started tis thread but 'disappeared' cos was having very bad morning sickness and heartburn thruout the whole 9mths.
i have delivered my dearest dotter thru natural birth last sat...all is good for me and her but i guess i am having some blues now....hopefully all will be good soon.

JIAYOU MUMMIES!
Congrats mrsxu! it is defintely not ez being pregnant! Now that baby is out, it's a never ending journey of worries .. Please get adequate rest and help if possible.. You can come here to talk to us or share advices! ee'll be glad to help! I joined the forum for my 1st pregnancy.. If i had not had the support from the mummies, i think i would have suffered blues and depression.. Its great to talk it out and know that you're not alone! ;)

Jiayou!

miso

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered!

went for my check up yesterday and it seems my cervix is not open yet. Gynae told me to do more squats to try to open up my pelvic bones. Haha. Baby is now 3kg.

So exciting yet nerve wrecking for a first time mum like me. All the birth stories are making me very excited. Haha...

My maternity leave officially starts next week. But I took 1 week annual leave for this week. Might as well clear the leave if not will get forfeited at year end.

Waiting game continues...

Tannie

Jia you mrsxu, do text here if u need a lending ear... it's not easy to handle new born... I was rather blue last time taking care of my #1 when she was new born... not sure if I will agian for #2...

Oh no piglim, hope ur son recover soon. My gal also keep falling sick after going to cc... thn kerp passing the virus to my mum, my sis, hubby n myself. .. virus there seems v strong.

mrsxu

thanks meltie & tannie for the encouragements.
i am wishing tat CL goes away soon but also worry i carn cope haha, nt easy to hv stranger ard n taking over my kitchen.
PLUS visitors who keep coming....

shanice99

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered!

went for my check up yesterday and it seems my cervix is not open yet. Gynae told me to do more squats to try to open up my pelvic bones. Haha. Baby is now 3kg.

So exciting yet nerve wrecking for a first time mum like me. All the birth stories are making me very excited. Haha...

My maternity leave officially starts next week. But I took 1 week annual leave for this week. Might as well clear the leave if not will get forfeited at year end.

Waiting game continues...
i have not apply my ML yet, my boss asked me to work til 9/5, nxt fri.. i shall c how. if can, i also want to wk as long as i can wor, instead of waiting game at hm even more boring...at least at work, time pass faster. this thur wil b my 38th week..Will be taking my ML, last year's 14days leave plus 6days child care leave this year. Many leaves to clear also.