EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Oh dear Piglim.. Hope yr boy gets well soon.. Gg childcare is more prone to virus de.. Bo bian.. I oso dread the day wen the time comes for me to put my girl in childcare..

Hugs Mrsxu! I jus saw ur other thread.. it's e hormones! Cheer up ok! Wen I had my #1, I oso experienced sth similar.. wen the CL took my girl into the rm to sleep at night, I cried buckets cos I felt my baby was taken away from me.. haha.. a bit silly now tinking back.. and then later cos CL is after all a stranger.. and im nt used to having things nt done my way.. so I was rather unhappy for a while.. I came here and vent all my frustrations.. fellow mummies from the sept 12 thread would have remembered it.. haha.. so jus come here and complain! Smetimes having a listening ear helps a lot.. and if u are uncomfy abt having so many visitors, maybe tok to ur hubby and ask him to tell well meaning visitors to wait for bb shower as u need to rest? Im sure they will understd.. Jia you!

shanice99

Jia you mrsxu, do text here if u need a lending ear... it's not easy to handle new born... I was rather blue last time taking care of my #1 when she was new born... not sure if I will agian for #2...

Oh no piglim, hope ur son recover soon. My gal also keep falling sick after going to cc... thn kerp passing the virus to my mum, my sis, hubby n myself. .. virus there seems v strong.
usually first baby is not easy as a lot of things duno ba..now on n off wash baby clothes, containers, sterilize, prepare this n tat.. mostly by my hub..think most of the things are done already. now waiting game lo. same same..

Lingz12

Just back from gynae.. Luckily my boy nvr grow too much so gynae say she ok to wait another wk till edd.. She says bb will definitely be > 3.5kg next wk so she will definitely induce wen I go for my next appt on edd and told me to bring my hospital bag along.. she checked cervix and im 1.5cm dilated oredi.. so she says got a bit of chance bb will come out this wkend.. I hope so!

mrsxu

Oh dear Piglim.. Hope yr boy gets well soon.. Gg childcare is more prone to virus de.. Bo bian.. I oso dread the day wen the time comes for me to put my girl in childcare..

Hugs Mrsxu! I jus saw ur other thread.. it's e hormones! Cheer up ok! Wen I had my #1, I oso experienced sth similar.. wen the CL took my girl into the rm to sleep at night, I cried buckets cos I felt my baby was taken away from me.. haha.. a bit silly now tinking back.. and then later cos CL is after all a stranger.. and im nt used to having things nt done my way.. so I was rather unhappy for a while.. I came here and vent all my frustrations.. fellow mummies from the sept 12 thread would have remembered it.. haha.. so jus come here and complain! Smetimes having a listening ear helps a lot.. and if u are uncomfy abt having so many visitors, maybe tok to ur hubby and ask him to tell well meaning visitors to wait for bb shower as u need to rest? Im sure they will understd.. Jia you!
thank u so much....i also duno wat to rant...cl is nt bad but i juz unhappy over the silly kitchen. glad to hear mummies having the same experience as me....i am not alone!

i am putting my girl into ifc when she is abt three to four mths....hope she b fine.

mrsxu

Just back from gynae.. Luckily my boy nvr grow too much so gynae say she ok to wait another wk till edd.. She says bb will definitely be > 3.5kg next wk so she will definitely induce wen I go for my next appt on edd and told me to bring my hospital bag along.. she checked cervix and im 1.5cm dilated oredi.. so she says got a bit of chance bb will come out this wkend.. I hope so!
haha reaching the 'end of preg' can get unbearable liao hor....the sleepless nites, the aches....

miso

I'll rather have waiting game at home coz I'm really busy at work plus my puppps rash, I dun think I can make it another day at work. Imagine having to meet people but you are itching like mad and trying hard not to fidget. Also, the rash is making me lose sleep at night and its a struggle to get up and go work. In the end I gave up and went to see a derm for more steroids. Sigh...

i really hope the steroids dun affect my baby. Even though I'm at home, I brought some admin work home to do to try to clear as much as possible before I pop.

i really hope I have some dilation by this sat. Dun really wanna be induced. Praying hard.

shanice99

I'll rather have waiting game at home coz I'm really busy at work plus my puppps rash, I dun think I can make it another day at work. Imagine having to meet people but you are itching like mad and trying hard not to fidget. Also, the rash is making me lose sleep at night and its a struggle to get up and go work. In the end I gave up and went to see a derm for more steroids. Sigh...

i really hope the steroids dun affect my baby. Even though I'm at home, I brought some admin work home to do to try to clear as much as possible before I pop.

i really hope I have some dilation by this sat. Dun really wanna be induced. Praying hard.
hi miso, whats pupps rash? ya, i also heard is best not to get induce de lo..for me, i prefer waiting game at work, cos time pass faster..

mrsxu

mayb can consider starting ml earlier? i was too tired at work so i applied for ml a mth before edd. however must make sure got enuf food at hm.

Tannie

I am hoping gynae give me mc for tomorrow thn I dun hv to go back to work... starting ml on 2nd may... really too tired to go back to work.

Lingz12

Oh.. I dun wan to sacrifice my 16wks ml with bb.. so I told my boss I will take leave from mon till I deliver.. got too much annual leave to clear anyway.. I prefer waiting game at home.. more relax.. can take a walk, take a nap and do sme last min chores.. or jus nua ard.. haha.. I left my #1 with the nanny cos I dun wan to run after her all day..

miso

Hi shanice, it's a rash that usually comes during 3rd trimester n it's very very itchy. Usually starts at the tummy where the stretch marks are and will spread like wildfire to everywhere else. Mine started at 34 weeks and it just spread to my arms, thighs, hands, fingers and feet. I was given steroid creams and oral steroids and the rash calmed down a lot. Then it came back again at 37 weeks n I'm given oral n cream steroids again. I'm really worried about the amount of steroids that I'm taking n applying but the itch is really a killer. The weather just makes it worse.

But I agree waiting game at work do make time pass faster. Haha.. But it's more relaxing at home n I can just flip my shirt up n let the fan n air con blow at my tummy direct. Shiok!! Haha.. I also got a lot of annual leave to clear just like lingz. Haha.. So might as well.

shanice99

Oh.. I dun wan to sacrifice my 16wks ml with bb.. so I told my boss I will take leave from mon till I deliver.. got too much annual leave to clear anyway.. I prefer waiting game at home.. more relax.. can take a walk, take a nap and do sme last min chores.. or jus nua ard.. haha.. I left my #1 with the nanny cos I dun wan to run after her all day..
I also dun 1 2 waste my annual leave, so I am taking my leave after my ML ends instead. so adds up will be ard 16weeks( ML) +4 weeks( AL from last year) to be at hm le lo..lol...ya cos u gt #1 so more stuff to do ba..for hm, if stay at hm will be the same as waiting game at office, so no diff..in office, I still can chat with cols, do some work etc..heeee

shanice99

Hi shanice, it's a rash that usually comes during 3rd trimester n it's very very itchy. Usually starts at the tummy where the stretch marks are and will spread like wildfire to everywhere else. Mine started at 34 weeks and it just spread to my arms, thighs, hands, fingers and feet. I was given steroid creams and oral steroids and the rash calmed down a lot. Then it came back again at 37 weeks n I'm given oral n cream steroids again. I'm really worried about the amount of steroids that I'm taking n applying but the itch is really a killer. The weather just makes it worse.

But I agree waiting game at work do make time pass faster. Haha.. But it's more relaxing at home n I can just flip my shirt up n let the fan n air con blow at my tummy direct. Shiok!! Haha.. I also got a lot of annual leave to clear just like lingz. Haha.. So might as well.
oiC. ya if need to clear, better clear ur annual leave ba..for me, this year's leave still can c/f til nxt year, so no hurry to clear.. usually when i go c gynae, I will take mc leave one..Is the rash like heat rash? I also encountered some itchy at my leg area, but still ok lei.. not often n not to the extend must apply cream to stop the itch etc.. mostly sometimes is my tummy more itchy..i dun let the fan or air con to blow directly at my tummy one..dun my baby will feel cold or not..lol...

xiongmao

Second time mummies, can you share how long it took for the wound from natural birth to heal and stop hurting? Do you have to go back to the hospital to remove the stitches? I am feeling jittery and nervous as a first time mummy. I hope the pain from the wound will be bearable. Will you able to sit comfortably on a chair or it hurts when you sit down? Any tips on how to prevent constipation? I fear it may tear the wound.

CharChia

usually the wound will take about 1 or 2 weeks to heal and you will feel discomfort when sitting and going to the toilet... the stitch will drop by itself so no need to worry about removal... after giving birth usually doctor will prescribe medication to soften the stools...

miso

Shanice it's worse than heat rash I feel. I guess bb won't feel cold coz she's inside of me n has my body temp to keep her warm. Haha. And one thing about this rash is, it will spread. Spreads quite fast some more. Air con helps keep the itch away. So now I'm stuck between wanting to go out for walks to help open up my cervix n staying in my room with air con on. Haha...

Lingz12

Oh I had tat rash for my first pregnancy.. I totally understd e discomfort.. it itch so bad tat at night I woke up cos I scratched myself so bad unknowingly tat it hurts and bleed lor.. v jialat.. thankfully, history did not repeat itself this time round.. tummy is still itchy but I tink prob cos the skin is stretched too tight ba.. at least it's bearable..

Oh yeah.. so hot nowadays even with the aircon on.. smetimes I woke up in the morning to find tat my shirt is flipped up revealing my tummy.. tink bb oso v hot.. haha..

shanice99

Shanice it's worse than heat rash I feel. I guess bb won't feel cold coz she's inside of me n has my body temp to keep her warm. Haha. And one thing about this rash is, it will spread. Spreads quite fast some more. Air con helps keep the itch away. So now I'm stuck between wanting to go out for walks to help open up my cervix n staying in my room with air con on. Haha...
I still go out for walks lei. Went marine square last sat. But got sit dw lo. Feels ok ba. Go out at least can c c things. They says climb the stairs and squat are better for delivery right? Think now climb bit of stairs, will feel breathless. Unless climb slowly, then shd b fine ba. This coming public holiday, Duno want to go where walk walk lei.. Hmmm. Cos after delivery, have to confine one mth at home, Duno I can bear with it or not. Hmmm...

Melancholy

Oh I had tat rash for my first pregnancy.. I totally understd e discomfort.. it itch so bad tat at night I woke up cos I scratched myself so bad unknowingly tat it hurts and bleed lor.. v jialat.. thankfully, history did not repeat itself this time round.. tummy is still itchy but I tink prob cos the skin is stretched too tight ba.. at least it's bearable..

Oh yeah.. so hot nowadays even with the aircon on.. smetimes I woke up in the morning to find tat my shirt is flipped up revealing my tummy.. tink bb oso v hot.. haha..

same. Feeling hot even with aircon on everyday. I'm always revealing my tummy whenever i sleep haha