EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

shanice99:868424 said:
I still go out for walks lei. Went marine square last sat. But got sit dw lo. Feels ok ba. Go out at least can c c things. They says climb the stairs and squat are better for delivery right? Think now climb bit of stairs, will feel breathless. Unless climb slowly, then shd b fine ba. This coming public holiday, Duno want to go where walk walk lei.. Hmmm. Cos after delivery, have to confine one mth at home, Duno I can bear with it or not. Hmmm...
Yeah.. I oso heard climbing stairs and squatting is more effective.. so yest I climbed 14 storeys.. Tired die me man.. Was panting like a dog and a few hrs later my thigh muscles ached like mad.. And to make things worse, I was so ambitious and went to scrub 2 toilets (before the climb).. Wen I woke up this morning, my thighs were v v sore.. Guess I overdid it a little.. so todae took a break.. gonna go climb stairs tmr again.. hope it helps with a faster and more smooth labour..

jeslow

wah Lingz12, u climbed 14 storeys? that's really garang!!..hehe..try to take it easy with the big tummy ya, not good to over-exert urself at this stage.

Will be gg for my 38 week appt tmr, wonder how much baby has grown..not sure how long i will have to wait till i deliver..heh

Lingz12

Yeah.. cos I stay on the 14th floor and decided to go check for mail in the letterbox.. after tat might as well climb back up..

Feeling v stretched tonight.. and bb seems super active too.. he keeps switching position so my tummy kept having big "waves".. It is not painful but the feeling is v weird.. I dunno how to describe.. It's like there is this immense pressure inside.. Cham.. I scared I dunno how to determine if im having contractions or in labour..

jeslow

Haha, that's what I tell my hubby too..maybe baby not happy coz there is not enough space for her thats y push so hard..keke

jojosnake

Second time mummies, can you share how long it took for the wound from natural birth to heal and stop hurting? Do you have to go back to the hospital to remove the stitches? I am feeling jittery and nervous as a first time mummy. I hope the pain from the wound will be bearable. Will you able to sit comfortably on a chair or it hurts when you sit down? Any tips on how to prevent constipation? I fear it may tear the wound.
ya initially it will be painful when you first urine or at least for a week.. Can feel the stinging sensation each time. After every pee got yo
wash with water to keep the wound clean and at least 3times a day to clean it with
antiseptic lotion and gel given by gynae.. Hopefully it will speed up the process of recovery.
i manage to poo after I came down from bed to pass urine. Afterwhich is 2-3 days once.. You can request for stool softener.

meltie

Hey mummies, i saw my gynae today and she says baby is engaged, head is very low.. She tried to feel the head from the surface and couldn't .. Only when she started scanning then realised it was even lower than she expected.. And she says it's ANYTIME! So scary.. Now 37 weeks 5 days.. Hmm and bb is 3.2kg.. :p

Hmm i think the recovery post delivery was quite fast.. Esp w the task of handling bb, no time to think abt it.. But gynae prescribed painkillers and stool softener.. So sort of curbed the pain.. But my main pain were the piles! I hated to sit coz i was sitting on them and they were like ulcers.. I had to lie on my side so i don't sit on them.. Had to clean the blob of flesh properly too.. I think the stitch did not hurt but it was the piles and haemorroids..super uncomfy.. Hope none of u will get piles ...

Argh i just realised i haven't bought my breast pump.. Maybe just tryto use the old one.. And i haven't bought any milk storage bottles or new funnel.. Wonder if i shld buy off shelves or online... :p don't know got time or not.. Sighh so anxious now...

Lying in bed now .. Feels swollen down there.. Legs can't close properly without pain.. Pressure v high.. Keep going toilet to pee abit here n there.. Bb is kicking like mad.. Not just waves.. But karate kicks.. Thighs are cramping every now and then.. I wonder if i can recognise real contractions...... Hahaha

xiongmao

ya initially it will be painful when you first urine or at least for a week.. Can feel the stinging sensation each time. After every pee got yo
wash with water to keep the wound clean and at least 3times a day to clean it with
antiseptic lotion and gel given by gynae.. Hopefully it will speed up the process of recovery.
i manage to poo after I came down from bed to pass urine. Afterwhich is 2-3 days once.. You can request for stool softener.
Thanks, jojosnake, charchia an meltie!

shanice99

ya lo, will feel gross when tat part gt wound and u r having menses at the same time one lo..how to clean and apply when gt menses at the same time?

shanice99

Yeah.. cos I stay on the 14th floor and decided to go check for mail in the letterbox.. after tat might as well climb back up..

Feeling v stretched tonight.. and bb seems super active too.. he keeps switching position so my tummy kept having big "waves".. It is not painful but the feeling is v weird.. I dunno how to describe.. It's like there is this immense pressure inside.. Cham.. I scared I dunno how to determine if im having contractions or in labour..
ya lo, sometimes the kicks and movement are so strong tat I feel tat my baby is making my body move wor..always felt at my chest rib cage chest and gastric that area one..

shanice99

Yeah.. I oso heard climbing stairs and squatting is more effective.. so yest I climbed 14 storeys.. Tired die me man.. Was panting like a dog and a few hrs later my thigh muscles ached like mad.. And to make things worse, I was so ambitious and went to scrub 2 toilets (before the climb).. Wen I woke up this morning, my thighs were v v sore.. Guess I overdid it a little.. so todae took a break.. gonna go climb stairs tmr again.. hope it helps with a faster and more smooth labour..
my blk gt 30 floors, last time b4 preg, i used to exercise by climbing the stairs to 30 floors wor..think if we climb bit by bit, shd b fine rt? lolx..tmr PH i wanted to go out walk walk lei..now at office, i also keep walk...time really flies wor...tmr may liao..lol..

gniy

wow Lingz12 - 14 storeys with a big tummy is no joke! you are really solid! i'm only walking 3-4 storeys at one time and i'll be panting like crazy. i'm down with viral flu so on medical leave for 2 days since yesterday. people are going to say "pregnant lady skiving again." especially with the public holiday tomorrow. haha. oh well.

mrsxu

Second time mummies, can you share how long it took for the wound from natural birth to heal and stop hurting? Do you have to go back to the hospital to remove the stitches? I am feeling jittery and nervous as a first time mummy. I hope the pain from the wound will be bearable. Will you able to sit comfortably on a chair or it hurts when you sit down? Any tips on how to prevent constipation? I fear it may tear the wound.
for me my stitches are ok, no pain...its the piles that are killing me even till now, 11days after labour....shit them!

mrsxu

ya lo, will feel gross when tat part gt wound and u r having menses at the same time one lo..how to clean and apply when gt menses at the same time?
i hv the same fear as u but really not too bad, during first pee, run the basin tap and the sound will make u pee easier.

shanice99

i hv the same fear as u but really not too bad, during first pee, run the basin tap and the sound will make u pee easier.
but during tat time is confinement, cannot touch water also rt? think have to use those boiled water to clean already..if have to pee, have to pee le lo..plus need to drink a lot fluid during this weather and better for breastfeed as well wor..

Lingz12, 14 storeys is a lot leh! some more after scrubbing 2 toilets~ qiang! i climb abit buay tahan already hahaha.. so breathless!

yeah tml is May already! I keep telling baby last night to at least tahan 1 more day.. only come out in May haha..

Anyway, I wanna ask.. when you on epidural your lower body will be numb already right? cannot get down to walk? then what if you need to pee?????

And also.. if hungry while in labour how? cannot eat ah? or can bring food to eat?

shanice99

Lingz12, 14 storeys is a lot leh! some more after scrubbing 2 toilets~ qiang! i climb abit buay tahan already hahaha.. so breathless!

yeah tml is May already! I keep telling baby last night to at least tahan 1 more day.. only come out in May haha..

Anyway, I wanna ask.. when you on epidural your lower body will be numb already right? cannot get down to walk? then what if you need to pee?????

And also.. if hungry while in labour how? cannot eat ah? or can bring food to eat?
i onli know tat before delivery at clinic, they dun allow u to eat or drink..if while in labour,hmmmm.. i duno abt tat wor, bt i tot u will be in pain etc, stil can eat ar? lol..for me, i will bring some biscuits, juz in case they are chargeable and at night nothing to eat at the clinic there.

mrsxu

but during tat time is confinement, cannot touch water also rt? think have to use those boiled water to clean already..if have to pee, have to pee le lo..plus need to drink a lot fluid during this weather and better for breastfeed as well wor..
first pee is in hosp, no pee no go hm.
ya u can use boiled water, i juz use heatercos somehw mmy CL more focused on cooking den me hahaha

drink alot water but dun forget to pee, nw hor i haven feel bladder tight.... mayb recovering