EDD May 2014 (maybe)

gniy

Thank you for your encouragement! I know this sounds crazy and silly but how often do newborns cry in their first week? Is it a worry if a newborn doesn't cry that much?

ajcy

i'm not from this board (from EDD Jan 2014 but my son arrived in dec) but saw the latest post and wanted to say to share, my son hardly cried the first 5 weeks - a bit of crying when near feeding time or when he is wet, otherwise he would be sleeping - only in week 6 he "woke up" and then he was fussy for about 2 weeks. Now my 5 month old is very responsive, smiles, laughs, "talks" a lot.

gniy

i'm not from this board (from EDD Jan 2014 but my son arrived in dec) but saw the latest post and wanted to say to share, my son hardly cried the first 5 weeks - a bit of crying when near feeding time or when he is wet, otherwise he would be sleeping - only in week 6 he "woke up" and then he was fussy for about 2 weeks. Now my 5 month old is very responsive, smiles, laughs, "talks" a lot.

thank you for your sharing! i think you know where i'm coming from. thank you :) have a fun time with the little baby!

Piglim

So bored.. What have you gals been doing? I hv been lying on bed whole day only when i need to pee shower or eat.. How's the planning of the bb shower for some of u?

I think for those 1st time mummies, don't stress yourself with ur milk supply.. It takes time for ur body to adjust. Even for myself now my supply still not enuff to do total breastfeeding..if I insist I think end up bb always hungry n u won't get enuff rest urself too. Just keep drinking lotsa water. I bought "organic mothers milk" yesterday, waiting for it to deliver-recommended by my CL cos she says all her client drink alrdy immediately got effect.. (Anyone drank before? Wats ur review?) for me my #1 just nice to TBM but I hope this time I can hv more supply so just try it out lor.

As for gnly, every babies r different.. My #1 came out eyes big big look ard din even cry. Hubby was so worried kept telling him to cry.. Wah after that he regretted his words.. 2 weeks later cry so loudly! Haha.. This time my #2, come out eyes small small cry n cry.. Her eyes like so heavy like that hvnt really seen her open her eyes wide yet

hubby gonna start work on thurs.. Damn sian.. Nobody to speak to. Actually we all tot he cld rest during this 2wks leave but end up becos of my op he had to go here n there... Then now son hasn't been taking it well in school, teacher says he has been crying alot.. So hubby picked him up earlier n bring him out to play.. Like now he brought him to hokey poky at millennia indoor playground to play.. Really appreciate his help n effort.. I think it's not easy for guys to "look after" kids whole day cos think their tolerance level not as high as females? So it's something I m thankful about..

Think whole day lie also wanna rot alrdy. I m just hoping my confinement is over n I can go on a massage crash course to firm up my tummy! See alrdy damn demoralized. Was think daydreaming of going shopping n dolling up when I was pregnant.. End up e cyst destroyed my dream..

jeslow

Hi Piglim, good that you are resting well for your confinement =)

I'll be having my baby shower next Sat, still trying to collate the responses to determine the number of pax for the buffet..its gg to be a simple affair so nothing much to plan..hehe

I had c-sect and my gynae says can start to do massage 2 weeks after my op so i've already started liao..though the massage lady doesnt massage very hard on my tummy, but she advised me to wear the elastic bind i bought from my gynae during the day for as long as possible to hold up my womb. Trying to endure under such weather...really can sweat buckets man..haha =p

Lingz12

Piglim.. me too! Actualli ive been resting a lot except for the past week cos spent time to do diy deco for my boy's bb shower.. apart from last wk basically I jus rest all day.. lie in bed, surf net, fb, watsapp and watch drama.. or jus lie on sofa watch TV.. im quite hands-off for #2 cos CL said tat's wat she is here for and insist I rest as much as I can.. now tat CL is leaving on thur, im a little scared cos I hav come to be too dependent on her for everything.. jia lat.. starting to dread e day she leaves man.. the night duty is e one that scares me the most.. cos I dunno how im gonna manage both bubs at night.. my girl has started waking up at night recently and wanting me to scratch her back for her to go back to sleep.. if both wakes at e same time, I dunno who to tend to first! And we shld all b sleeping in 1 rm.. v scared my boy's cries for milk will wake my girl up.. sighz.. smetimes I dunno why I did not jus stop at 1 baby.. 2 bubs is v challenging!

Actualli my supply for #2 is v much better than #1.. but tat's cos my boy is drinking very much more than his jie jie.. so even though I yield a lot per day it is still nt enuff to meet his daily needs.. so night time CL feed him fm, oso in e hope tat he last longer than his usual 2hrs.. smetimes I get so tired from pumping tat im so tempted to stop bf and jus feed fm.. fm is so much easier.. e time saved on pumping and washing.. sighz.. of cos ppl say I can always jus latch.. but my boy tends to fall asleep after 3-5min.. and wake up less than an hr later crying for more.. makes me even more tired! And if he doesnt fall asleep, he tends to fuss at breast (dunno flow too fast, too slow or wat).. he will suck, release and cry, suck, release and cry.. until I cannot take it and ask CL to warm ebm.. sighz.. bf is so tiring and fm is so tempting!

xiongmao

Hi mummies, have you guys managed to shed off some of the pregnancy weight gain? Today is the last day of my confinement and I have only lost 5 kg (my bb weighs 2.9kg at birth). Wonder how long it is going to take me to shed off those kilos.

Lingz12

xiongmao:873125 said:
Hi mummies, have you guys managed to shed off some of the pregnancy weight gain? Today is the last day of my confinement and I have only lost 5 kg (my bb weighs 2.9kg at birth). Wonder how long it is going to take me to shed off those kilos.
Xiongmao.. I gained 20kg during pregnancy.. lost only 10kg to date.. another 10kg to go.. plus the 4kg I din manage to shed from 1st pregnancy.. hahaha.. I hope I can shed it all off soon.. but I tink after confinement will shed weight faster cos no more confinement nanny.. at least for me.. I sure hope so..

gniy

Piglim - glad you're recovering well and thank you for the reassurance :) you and your hubby are really sweet to each other too!
Jeslow - have fun planning! - don't be too stressed about it and enjoy the massage!
Lingz - I can relate to you about your woes about breastfeeding - it's only my 4th day but the boy always falls asleep at my breast so i'm pumping! pump pump pump! woohoo!

meltie

Hey xiongmao, i guess during confinement the food is gd and will keep the weight in.. But its good coz after confinenent, surely will tire out and lose weight.. Breastfeeding will also burn off some kgs.... I'm 18days into my confinement.. Eating alot.. Today i just measured my weight at the clinic.. I gained 14kg for pregnancy, lost 1kg in my 40th week.. Post delivery i did not get to measure.. Now after 2 weeks i've shed off 10kg.. Bb was born 3.63kg... I still have 3kg to go back to pre-pregnancy weight.. But as i got pregnant before i slimmed down to my pre-preg weight before #1.. I guess there shld be 2 more kg to lose.. Total 5kg.. My CL say i sure can one but must eat more everyday coz the journey ahead ofme is v v tough.. I'm gonna be a sahm managing 2 bubs alone w no help! Sighh..

Gniy, jiayou! My baby also slps after latching for 7-10mins.. And refuse to open her mouth! Eyes n lips shut till tight tight! Tried to unswaddle her, tickle her soles, cycle her legs to wake ger up, she only wake for awhile n drinks the other side for 2-3min n shut tight again! Whole time i am just trying to stuff my boobs into her mouth .. Which sometimes she fusses alot n want to latch but don't know why she will move away when the boob is in her mouth.. Sighh sometimes i stuff till she gag.. Lol but she doesn't drink full means she'll wake up soon n cry for milk again.. Like just now loh.. Fed at 5.30pm , 7.00pm, 8.00pm and then 9.30pm CL just gave bottle.. After that, 10.30pm she cry for milk again.. Aiyo maybe growth spurt....

Hmm brought my 2 bbs to see pd.. Coz #1 sick, #2 rashes, yellow stuff oozing behind ear n swollen eyelid... Waited super long to see doc! more than 2hrs! My #1 only ate her lunch at 3pm .. Sighh the staff kept saying 2 patients before me.. So didn't go dwnstairs to buy food for #1.. Sigh
Oh ya, my #2 is 4.4kg liao .. My #1 only 8.8kg now at 20mths.. Can see meimei is catching up with jiejie real fast!!

Tannie

Piglim, I jus did my baby shower last sat. Simple one, jus buffet for relatives.

I dun dare to weight myself now... my hip n tummy still big... sian, think my dream of going back to pre-pregnancy size is still far... last night even dreamt tht I m able to put on office outfit le...jus a dream...

Seems like horse babies r not cooperative. My gal too will fuss at breast, duno is it flow too fast or slow. She will suck and let go thn cry pitifully as if I dun let her drink. Thn when I place her mouth at the breast, she will push away n scream murder. .. really feel like giving up...

Mummies who pump exclusively, do u pump every 3 hrs? Do u pump n straight give it to ur baby or do u store in the fridge first? Do u wake up to pump in the middle of night?

Lingz12

Tannie:873164 said:
Piglim, I jus did my baby shower last sat. Simple one, jus buffet for relatives.

I dun dare to weight myself now... my hip n tummy still big... sian, think my dream of going back to pre-pregnancy size is still far... last night even dreamt tht I m able to put on office outfit le...jus a dream...

Seems like horse babies r not cooperative. My gal too will fuss at breast, duno is it flow too fast or slow. She will suck and let go thn cry pitifully as if I dun let her drink. Thn when I place her mouth at the breast, she will push away n scream murder. .. really feel like giving up...

Mummies who pump exclusively, do u pump every 3 hrs? Do u pump n straight give it to ur baby or do u store in the fridge first? Do u wake up to pump in the middle of night?
Tannie.. I totally understd.. tat is wat my boy did to me.. he will suck a while then push away and cry.. then I will struggle to push my boobs back into his mouth and he will cry and struggle and push me away with his hands.. then I try again he will suck a while then cry again.. damn tired man.. so I always give in and feed him ebm.. now im more or less pumping exclusively liao.. latching is so tiring for me.. I din pump every 3hr cos too tired.. I pump every 4-5hrly.. and woke up once or twice at night to pump.. mostly once cos I always oversleep.. then I will leave e milk in e fridge.. now I hav CL easier.. wen CL leaves I dunno if I have time to pump anot cos bb keeps wanting to be carried.. sighz..

Piglim

Ok think my daughter is different.. She had been (wanting) to latch non stop. Just puke out all the milk >.<
Wah meltie ur weight loses quite fast hor? I m still 6kg away from my pre pregnancy weight and today is exactly my 2nd week of confinement only.
I also not so diligent in pumping exactly 3hrly... Day time I will pump ard 3/4hrly.. But once at night after the last pump at 11+pm my night session will be ard 3/4am that's like 4-5 hrs alrdy.. Nowadays I automatically wakes up in e middle of the night dunno why.. Maybe slp too much in e day.. I also never experience engorement yet... ;(( sad Le.. Means milk not alot lor... Waiting for my organic mothers milk tea to see if it works miracle or not.

Wah tannie so ur confinement over alrdy lah. Shiok man.. But think that's the start of restless journey... I m only on 2mths maternity leave which means end July I will start work Le..

jeslow, I wanted to wear girdle to hold up e womb (and fats) but my wound hurts from e op so I m waiting for it to fully recover before I wear that (u think it works for u?)

lingz ya I this time also quite hands off ;((((( but they say if u want to recover n build up ur immunity, this is e time to do so.. There r ppl I know who purposely give birth so that they can (re)build their health again. N since this is the last time for me I try to rest more n "listen" to their instructions. Althou hubby says my confinement anyhow one-stay aircon room whole day din sweat, wear short sleeves, wash hair in 1week, take herbal shower everyday.

Later going for my follow up chk to see the stitches from my operation. So scare to see ;(
i told hubby my used-to-be flawless skin now backside got stretchmarks, tummy got all e brown black pigmentation, used to be flat tummy with slight abs all gone... Now dun even know where is my waist.

jeslow

Hi Piglim, my gynae actually made me wear the elastic bind over my wound to reduce the pain when i move around so I had it on since Day 1 (with plaster over my wound) and she says can use it like a girdle if i want to..my massage lady advised me to put it around the womb to hold it up so now I'm wearing it at the lower abdomen area..hehe