EDD May 2014 (maybe)

miso

Wow. Reading bout all the breast feeding woes u mummies face made me feel less like a loser. I was being emo recently that my gal refused my boobs due to nipple confusion. I'll rather she latch on then for me pump. Pumping is so troublesome! I miss latching her on. As this is my first bb, I have the luxury to latch all I want. Can't imagine when I have my second bb. How to latch fully? My gal was very good at latching. Too bad my bleeding nipple spoilt the whole breast feeding experience for me. Sigh. I'm still bumped by it. Anyway, I have also supplement fm coz my gal dun seem to be having enuf coz she will cry for milk every 2.5hrs.&nbsp;<br><br>She has been fussing for the past 2 weeks in fact. Can see that she is tired. Yawning n stretching but doesn't want to sleep. Only sleeps if we carry her. By the time she sleeps its 1 hr later and once we put her down in her cot she wakes up and starts fussing again. By the time she calms down, it's feeding time again and she will start crying for milk. Sigh. So I dun understand how u mummies can say that it's bored at home. Haha.. Is it normal for bb to fuss like that? <br><br>After reading the forum I realize that I dun have enuf rest and also due to my rashes, I did not do any massage. Sigh... Guess I gotta crash corse once my rashes gets better. Strange thing though, my tummy did get smaller but for some reason, these 2 days, it seems to get bigger again. I have no idea y.<br><br>As for weight loss, I have lost almost all of the weight gained. I'm left with 1kg to lose to go back to my pre Peggie weight.&nbsp;<br><br>On the bright side, my confinement will end this Friday though I dun feel any diff coz I already started to shampoo my hair since last week and I have been doing the night shift since day 1. I did not hire a CL. My MIL is the one doing my confinement for me.&nbsp;

Piglim

Miso, I m bored cos my #1 is in childcare.. While #2 is being taken care by CL. N cosi did my operation to remove e cyst I can't do massage (which initially I tot can occupy abit of my time each day) but now I can't do e massage due to e wound.. I just laid on e bed whole day... Mayb shld get hubby to buy magazines.. I latch my #2 only like 3-4 times a day at most. The rest (ESP night CL will feed her with my ebm or formula (cos the formula milk can only keep for 1mth from opening) the milk I bought was enfa mil-$52+ not cheap neh! So dun waste la. Anw through my first experience becos when I had my #1, I die die insisted that he must go on total breast milk.. Then one day (when he was 1.5mths old) he suddenly got high fever for no reason (no we nv brought him out) after e blood test it showed that he lacked of iron, so pd said becos our breastmilk no iron he needs to tk the iron supplement... Formula milk has so those that drank formula won't hv this problem.

so while I know n I still feel that breastmilk is e best, I think better not waste e formula milk. Let my daughter get some DHA n iron from it n when my supply is enough or more then no need to buy milk for her. Oh btw my mothers milk tea just arrived! Super fast delivery! Shall try tml morn n let u all know how's e result!

CharChia

Hi all... I am now coping with no.1 and no.2 on my own... No.2 sleep then I entertain no.1... if both sleep is the best means I can catch abit of sleep... else I cannot rest till hubby return home from work...

Last edited:

Tannie

Miso, did u caeey n pat ur bb to sleep since day one? It could becoming a bad habit le... my mum dun allow us to pat n rock bb to sleep, said bb v smart, u did tht once, they will want it all the time. My hubby did that every night whn my gal refuse to sleep, my mum not happy.

My mum is also not happy cause we refuse to use yao lan... she said it will be tough for her if bb keep wanting to be rock. .. sian.

gniy

I think my issue is that the nipples go soft after awhile and it annoys the baby so he can't latch on unless I "prop" it up for him.

Mummies with confinement ladies - do I have to check on the baby whenever he cries or I just leave it to the CL? Do I need to learn to pacify him? It's my 4th day of confinement after being discharged. Not sure what is the expectations of being a mum. Haha I'm told to rest though then I really just leave it to her?

Piglim

Well if you know or ya comfortable with ur CL. Then just leave it for her to take care. Maybe last wk of ur confinement then u look n observe or "learn" how to tk care of ur bb. Now so early learn also no use. However there r ppl who engage lousy CL those type u need to take note lor. If bb cries does e CL tend to her? Some CL just let e bb cry n cry so it's not very Gd also.

i think it really depends on e CL bah.

mrsjlim

miso:873224 said:
Wow. Reading bout all the breast feeding woes u mummies face made me feel less like a loser. I was being emo recently that my gal refused my boobs due to nipple confusion. I'll rather she latch on then for me pump. Pumping is so troublesome! I miss latching her on. As this is my first bb, I have the luxury to latch all I want. Can't imagine when I have my second bb. How to latch fully? My gal was very good at latching. Too bad my bleeding nipple spoilt the whole breast feeding experience for me. Sigh. I'm still bumped by it. Anyway, I have also supplement fm coz my gal dun seem to be having enuf coz she will cry for milk every 2.5hrs.&nbsp;<br><br>She has been fussing for the past 2 weeks in fact. Can see that she is tired. Yawning n stretching but doesn't want to sleep. Only sleeps if we carry her. By the time she sleeps its 1 hr later and once we put her down in her cot she wakes up and starts fussing again. By the time she calms down, it's feeding time again and she will start crying for milk. Sigh. So I dun understand how u mummies can say that it's bored at home. Haha.. Is it normal for bb to fuss like that? <br><br>After reading the forum I realize that I dun have enuf rest and also due to my rashes, I did not do any massage. Sigh... Guess I gotta crash corse once my rashes gets better. Strange thing though, my tummy did get smaller but for some reason, these 2 days, it seems to get bigger again. I have no idea y.<br><br>As for weight loss, I have lost almost all of the weight gained. I'm left with 1kg to lose to go back to my pre Peggie weight.&nbsp;<br><br>On the bright side, my confinement will end this Friday though I dun feel any diff coz I already started to shampoo my hair since last week and I have been doing the night shift since day 1. I did not hire a CL. My MIL is the one doing my confinement for me.&nbsp;
Miso, understand how u feel,my bb boy is exactly same as ur ger now, as a 1st time mum, I feel so tired just by latching him, that's why I pump out bm and bottle feed him ,recently I have been trying to latch him more frequently, so tired lor, he takes forever to latch, latch a while then fall asleep, will wake up when i put him back to cot ,needs to be carried and pat to sleep.. sigh...

gniy

mrsjlim - i know what you mean. i've been pumping too. and yup decided to just let the CL take over. she's pretty nice so far. 5th day of confinement - 23 more to go! hmm the heat is kinda killing. i want to wear shorts and singlets :/

xiongmao

Anyone planning to hire a nanny to look after your BB after you return to work? My mother in law just told me that she cant help me because she is going to take care of my sister in law's son. Sigh.... any recommendation where I can find a patient nanny?

Piglim

Tannie, most of the time after my daughter drinks the ebm ffrom bottle she will fall aslp.. However it depends on the time of the day.
But she definitely slps when I latch her..

Anw my CL says after the bb is 2wks old they normally tend to be more "awake" as compared to their slpy mode when they are just born.

Piglim

Tannie bear with it bah... It will take a mth or two for the child to adapt.. Think once bb reaches 3mths more or less easier to handle. I recall my #1 also like that.. Now I also dun dare to think what will happen once my CL leaves.. So now I just enjoy some "queen" treatment first..

Piglim

Jialat.. It's my 3rd time forgetting n using tap water to wash my hands... Really not easy to keep this a habit.

How r u mummies coping? So quiet here..

Lingz12

Erm.. actualli I always wash my hands and face with tap water.. wash pump parts oso tap water.. hahaha.. dun realli follow confinement rules wo.. isnt it a pain to always nt use tap water to wash hands?

Been busy busy busy since CL left.. barely sleep the past 2 nights and during e day hardly nap oso.. cos it's always feeding time or pumping time or eating time or hanging the laundry time.. super bo eng.. smetimes I realli feel if feed fm my life will b much easier.. dun need to pump.. dun need keep washing and sterilising.. even if I latch, it takes forever.. but if I dun breastfeed, there is this tremendous guilt cos I breastfed jie jie till 1 yr old.. sighz..

Piglim

Actually breastfeeding also got its pros.. Like save $ no need to buy milk powder. (Even if u use formula to feed to also need to wash n sterilize the bottles right?) if u bf, go out also easy no need to bring hot flask n powder.. Just latch on e spot.. If only I got enuff milk.. Now mine still not enuff for total breastmilk still partial (twice a day on formula) sad man.., dunno is it cos I use battery charger to pump got difference as compared to adapter (cos mine is US one so the adapter not suitable n I think it fused after we tried to put a transformer on it)

siao Liao I think now it's making me worried.. Hear u all one by one saying so stress taking care of two kids.. My son yesterday high fever I alrdy cannot handle Liao.. While night sponge him, take his temp, feed him med, feed him milk.. By e time I finally fall aslp he wakes up Liao ;/.. Cannot imagine if I hv to go thru this n tk care of #2 n then go to work.. Wah.. Become zombie Liao!