EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

Piglim:874060 said:
Mummies can recommend a venue that's not ex to hold my bb shower. Looking at accommodating 80-100pax. My initial condo venue can't fit this no of ppl. Headache..
Piglim.. maybe u try split into 2 sessions? Tat's wat I did.. my function rm cant accommodate so many ppl too.. we had close to 100 guests so split into noon and evening sessions abt 50 each.. just nice..

meltie

Mummies can recommend a venue that's not ex to hold my bb shower. Looking at accommodating 80-100pax. My initial condo venue can't fit this no of ppl. Headache..
Hmm agree that it'll be cheaper to use function rm, maybe spilt 2 timings in a day.. Lunch n tea break? If not, outside venues can be quite ex .. Unless u have the budget or got membership.. Last time my mil hse condo function rm is super big.. 1 rm can take 70-80.. I booked 2 rooms.. V old condo though.. :p other places include chevrons, chalets (abit late to book), small restaurant buffet..

elala

Hello mummies, I just gave birth to my baby gal on april 29th..and now I am down with chicken pox..have isolated myself at mum's place but super worried my baby will get it..pd say cant do anything now just wait to see for 3 weeks if she gets it...see a lot of experienced mothers..wonder if anyone can give any advice...

Piglim

Oh dear elala.. Hope u recover soon n baby is well. Must b tough to part away from baby for so long! ;((

wah after like 1 wk of intensive searching.. Finally on sat manage to find a venue at a friend's friend old condo along Bukit Timah. According to her e function room is huge enuff to house 60 pax. N Althou my guests r 80, I reckon they won't flock in together at e same time. Anw after calling all e country clubs n hotels.. I realised it's either e budget is out or the location is too inaccessible or they don't allow us to do decoration n the worst part is dont allow us to bring outside food-my mum has prepared her famous pig trotter vinegar sauce..

really now a days wanna find spacious place is so difficult.. Everything in singapore all downsize n so ex.. I hate doing parties like these (where u need to involve relatives n families-hv to consider sooo many things) so thk god it's prob gonna b e last. Officially next thur my baby will b 1 mth Le but thankfully (or not) I extended another wk cos of my operation. Dun feel I hv "rested" during this confinement mth.

Sigh after that only left with 1 more mth then need to go back to work. Abit sian..

Btw hubby n I n my two kids (#1, & #2) will be going to Bali in September!! Hehe not sure how we'll handle but I hope it'll b fine. U gals think 3mths plus is too early to fly? Hvnt event told my parents think they will ground me badly. But my hubby mileage will expire so if dont redeem will luggi neh...

feera

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth at Mt Alvernia recently? What items do they provide and what do we really need to bring?

Piglim

Mummies with #2 can check if ur #1 got more naughty since the birth of #2?
Wah.. My son lately keep crying.. Eat rice don't eat, put the whole hand in grab the food and throw on the floor. When scold him, he look away and appear to be angry. He just wants to stick to me 24/7. And lately he has been climbing up the sofa, table and want to jump from it! He was not like this previously. I have alrdy taken all measurements to avoid jealousy.. Dunno if it's;

1) he is a boy so he is so (hyper) active
2) he is jealous
3) he is reaching the age of 2yrs old
4) I didn't teach properly...

r boys generally more active? My hubby kept saying he is worried our son got ADHD (some hyper activate syndrome) but according to his teachers n principle he isn't.. Still I don't see my sis's twins reacting in such manner.. They r normally e shy types, hide behind their parents kind. While my son will grin, say hello to everybody even let coffeeshop uncle carry.. As strangers I will think this boy is so cute.. But as parents I m now very worried!

Wprst thing is, now or rather soon, I want to encourage him to slp on the mattress instead of on our bed.. Anyone has tried doing so? Successful? I know of some parents who train their kids to slp alone from young n I totally salute them.. But my house not big enuff to hv spare rooms n I dun want e maid to b slping with him..
Got tips how I can do it successfully n normally how long it takes for e child to be ok slping alone?

mamades

Looking for candy bar for your bb 1st mth bb shower. I would like to recommend aunty molly sweetreats. Find out more on their fb pg!

CharChia

Piglim my no.1 is same like urs... lol... very outgoing... my no.1 is super testing our boundries since the birth of no.2... sometimes she will listen sometimes she will ignore... so I have to be very hard hearted and firm when disciplining her.. when I m angry she faster cry hoping someone will rescue her... now she knows when I m angry she cries no use coz I will not allow anyone to go near her and I will ignore her... so she cries awhile then stops...

dun think is jealous or coz we never teach properly... they just trying out new pattern to get back our attention... so the more u acknowledge the more they do it coz it means ur attention is back... so now I just ignore I only interfer when I sense danger...

Tannie

Piglim, I think could be all possibility. .. my gal is also getting naughtier, keep trying to get attention. .. sometimes she is really jealous of mei mei...she will ask me to carry her when I carry mei mei or purposely go hurt mei mei.

I also duno how to make sleep arrangements when I return to in law hse or my own hse... now I m staying at my mum hse n my #1 is sleeping with my mum... both my gals r light sleeper so both of them sure wake each other up...

Lingz12

Piglim.. I tink ur son's behaviour is normal.. those of us with 2 bubs are experiencing the same.. I read smewhere that we shld expect behaviour regression in our toddlers wen the new member arrives.. I guess it is expected as they have enjoyed our full attention all this while.. My girl recently keep wanting to be carried cos she sees us carrying didi all e time.. She started waking up in e middle of the night too.. although she understds wat we say, she refused to listen to instruction.. I tink partly cos they are in terrible twos? This age they are very active so dun worry abt adhd..

As for training them to sleep in mattress.. I tried.. bought a mattress and put it beside my bed.. she onli slept on it for a week and after tat kept climbing up my bed in e middle of the night.. if nt I have to sleep with her on e mattress.. so I sorta give up now rather than waste time battling with her in e middle of the night cos sleep is precious these days! So we are still co sleeping.. take a step at a time ba..

Piglim

Lingz, I read that it takes 1 week for the child to get used to slping on their own n u need to be determined..

Haiz mummies I m feeling very vex n depressed..
Teacher gave me feedback that son is crying non stop in sch.. N it's been a week.. When my son comes home his eyes r all red n swollen. See alrdy heart pain.. But I don't want to stop and then the whole thing starts once again.. I feel it takes time for him to adapt but I also feel it's very heartless to do so..
Son has been coughing for 3 weeks Althou it wasn't exactly continuous 3 weeks. It was like ok for few days then the cough came back again.. See him keep eating cough medicine I also pity him. I hv been trying to struggle handling the two.. Now still not THAT bad cos I still hv my CL to handle #2.. Once she leaves next thur I think I will b in hell.. MMy son sticks to me like glue.. Really like glue, I eat also cannot need to sit beside him to watch tv. I know he wants comfort n security that's why he is asking me to be by his side.. But my daughter needs my attention also.

Althou I hv a maid but I leave e domestic stuff for her to handle only n only emergency case then let her watch my son (eg I need to eat or go toilet) otherwise I handle my kids alone. Everyone has been asking me to let my maid take care of my son.. But I feel as parents we shouldn't shift this parent responsibility to others. M I being too stubborn? N making my own life difficult???

This week I tried to experience "life without CL" to see if I can cope.. Coax my son to slp alrdy took me 2 hrs.. When he slps I bf my daughter.. After she slps, I went to pump.. By the time I go to bed another 1 more hr to pump session.. Then again hv to feed my son (he still wakes up for night feeds) now confinement I only slp like 4hrs (including the 1-2 hrs of nap in e afternoon) everyday.. I cannot imagine my life once I start work..

Everyone is asking me to stop my son from going to sch but if he stays at hm how m I going to concentrate taking care if my daughter. I only hv 1 more mth to give her this attention before I start work.. Haiz... Before I gave birth I was still daydreaming that during this 1 mth I shall sneak out to do a shopping to buy more clothes.. That time my son wasn't even crying that bad.. Now.. It's totally different.. Everyone says it's best to put the child in sch before e birth of next child.. But why is it now that I feel it doesn't? I alrdy preempt my son 2-3mths before the birth yet now it's getting worst. He used to be healthy, happy, loving boy.. Now he just cries, ignore n throw tantrum, keep falling sick.. (Bf him for 13mths still so weak?) then who says bf can make the child healthier?? Is it just during the bf n once u stop breastmilk the child will fall sick easily?

Haiz.. I cried just now.. Just helpless.. Praying.. I need some strength n advise.. But can the advise not be stop sch or/and leave the child to e maid?

Tannie

hug hug Piglim. Maybe u can check with the teacher if there is any diff in ur boy in school beforr n after birth of #2?

My gal also take a long time to adapt to school. We put her in cc since jan. first she will keep crying till my mum fetch her 3 hrs later, sometimes cry to sleep. Thn she cry lesser n lesser. Recently my mum only fetch her at 3pm. At the beginning she start crying when she dun see my mum by lunch...she dun wana let the teacher shower her nor does she want the milk make by the teacher n will cry to nap.

Now she is better, she still dun wana drink milk or shower but at least she can nap n will have tea break after nap.

Jus hang on there...ur boy will get use to it. Some children is fast to adapt, some slow. Don't give up on school now else it will be more difficult to start him all over again when you go work.

Maybe your boy is getting upset in school n hence was temperamental when he gets home. My gal was like that when she first started cc, she keep throwing tantrum as she was frustrated n she couldn't express herself.

Last mon night I also broke down. My bb is getting difficult, she will fuss at breast, after nursing cry, carry also cry, try all methods also cry, she only wana be carried upwards, pat, walk n rock.... thn when she seems sleeping, the moment I put her in cot she cry awake... thn I got to start all over again. I am so tired doing all these after every feed. Thn mon night she cry no matter what I do... I am so tired n fed up with her cry that I cry with her. My poor hubby woke up duno who to consol first. Luckily he carry baby n give me a pat, thn he bring bb out of room n rock her to sleep.

Piglim, let's jia you together. I hope this 6 months pass faster. ..

Piglim

Tannie u r so nice.. Alrdy struggling on ur side yet u still give words of encouragement...
ya.. We shall Jiayou.. Anw we also don't really hv a choice.. Just need to grin our teeth n endure..

Tannie

This is what this forum is for, to support each other n share experience. Sometimes u will feel better when u know u r not alone.

xiongmao

My little gal is the same. After I rocked her to sleep, she wakes up the minute I placed her into the cot and wails loudly. Then I have to pick her up and re-rock again. This can go on and on until it is time for next feed again. I basically have zero rest. What made it worse is that my hubby is overseas and I am staying at my in laws' place. My MIL is busy with my SIL son so I am left to my own devices.

Piglim

My daughter went for her 1mth chk up today. Now 4.38kg n grew 6cm!! Now 56cm. Haha nurse says she's long :) so happy... At least this is e least I cld give her.. She's still not in total breastmilk.. (Cos that time buy the tin of formula, I let her drink twice a day before we discard in a mth) so today will b officially on breastmilk. I hope it'll b enuff for her..not alot as compared to my #1. Anw anyone tried eating fenugreek.. Did it work for u? I m contemplating to try it.

Thibk gals all tend to want to be carried hor? My daughter also e same carry she slps.. Put down wake up... Hmmm