EDD May 2014 (maybe)

meltie

Jiayou piglim and xiongmao!

Piglim, its sad to hear our little ones sick .. Esp when they start cc i heard there's at least a gd 6 mths that they will keep falling sick to gain the library of antibodies... Guess maybe its a mixture of getting sick and new transition of having to adapt to meimei that makes ur son cranky and fussy? Sometimes they don't know how to express but to cry it out or just fuss to feel better? That explains why they get super sticky... Sigh hmm i don't really know how to advice, but maybe you can let ur son take a break? Go out for some playdates or a day out to the aquarium, just u n him? Just to relax? Or maybe u can consider letting him go for halfday cc for time being?

As for maid wise, i feel its a individual gut feeling.. If u feel your maid love ur kids, and can handle abit more.. At this moment i would encourage you to let ur maid handle #1 more.. Previously i also don't like the idea of letting maid touch my kids.. Now i'm in desperate need of help .. Struggling 1 week alone wih 2 bubs at home.. It has been insane.. I broke down to cry so many times.. My #1 refuse to listen and is so fussy at every little thing.. #2 cries to be carried alot at times and i can't split myself.. Esp times to put #1 to slp and feed.. #2 will cry at the same time.. Or when #2 finally can be put down and fell aslp.. #1 will suddenly drop a big toy in front of her or scream and wake her up.. There goes my efforts.. Repeat rocking and carryig again.. I still have to pump (now bottlefeed coz latchingr takes too long and bb likes to snack).. I still have to do laundry, prepare and cook lunch, wash dishes.. Etc etc.. Basically non stop, plus '#1 demands my attention all the time.. Sighh either they both cry at the same time, or take turns.. Its nv my turn.. I'm always multi tasking.. Pump, rock and jaga #1.. Or eat, feed and carry #2.. Crazy crazy. Esp when #1 decides to jump n refuse to slp.. #2 is in another rm slping and can wake anytime.. When #1 takes more than 30 mins to fall aslp.. #2 starts crying.. I get super frustrated with why #1 refuse to listen.. Well i trying to take it easy some days.. Let routines run loose.. Last tues, i didn't have time to prep lunch much as #2 will latching n latching.. And when i stepped into kitchen, #1 cry for me to come out.. Wah that day #1 n i only ate lunch near 2pm.. So hungry.. Sighh its taking a toll on me too .. My back aches and arms too.. #2 fights alot while taking the bottle.. Some weird behavior.. She wants to drink but she pushes it out.. Can fight and she will cry coz hungry but doesn't wanna take the teat.. Same with latching... I'm gonna hire a maid.. Despite how unwilling i am to have a stranger in my house and more worries.. But i just can't cope w all the housework.. Basically no time for them esp w 2 bubs! My hubby gonna be away for a month in aug! I'll be totally left alone at home w 2! What happens if i fall sick or 2 babies fall sick.. I won't be able to handle.. Esp emergencies , need to bring them to see doc etc.. Its better to have an extra pair of hands ard... I was thinking, if let maid do chores n cooking only, she'll still more free than me coz i need to juggle 2 kids.. Maybe i will let her learn to feed and bathe my #1.. Not sure how to let her put her to slp in my room.. But definitely not touch my #2.. Maybe u can think abt that? We can't do it all.. We'll go crazy..

Xiongmao, jiayou i also got severe aches on my back when i took care of #1.. Alot of posture for pumping n carrying, feeding needs to be reviewed.. But maybe after pregnancy n childbirth, our muscles are loose and hence we dun have the strength in our back.. We strain all day n night carrying our bb and hence get aches.. After confinement, i carry my #2 more too.. She also sometimes cry when i put her down and i gotta repeat the cycle of carrying and coaxing her.. I'm getting backache after afew days.. Do u wanna consider a sling or carrier? But its hot to use at home without aircon.. Try to lie down n rest more ? I don't have the luxury though.. Sigh wish some one can relieve me for awhile anytime anyday.. Do get some massage if u have time.. Helps to relieve stress.. Massage lady also v experienced.. U can ask if she xan massage ur bb too or tips on handling bb..

Piglim

Meltie... I would think u will be super duper busy.. Going by the fact that u went MIA in this thread for awhile...
But glad for u that u r finally getting a maid.. Once u get one u will find them indispensable...

think most of the second time mummies all kinda break down at some pt of time despite being an experienced mum. Guess every stage got its own difficulties..
I seriously wonder how those older generations could handle 5-6 kids back then.

1st time was trying to get used to the life so complain bout hubby n in laws.. Then once u get used to it u, u kinda "forget" them n think it shld be ok when #2 comes... Only then u realised now u can't be bothered with the in laws n hubby anymore but u r more troubled by the #1.
I think someone in this thread actually joined to asked is it Gd to hv #2 so close to #1. Now if u ask me again I would say wait till ur kid is 3-4 yrs old when they r more knowledgable.. Any age below that u will expect urself going crazy like us. Cos when u try to explain to then they totally dun understand! And the only way they can communicate is cry n cry n at this pt u wwill really go bonkers. Poor #1 trying to communicate to u but u r so annoyed end up everyone suffer.. While I won't say 3-4 yrs won't give u problem but at least it's slightly easier (I think) correct me if I m wrong.

Still hv 3 more days before my CL leaves.. Haiz super upset.. I really like her.. If I m rich I don't mind extending her for few more mths... Under her care my baby is growing well.. Once my mil takes over.. Think she'll lose alot of weight like my #1 did. Mil really doesn't know how to take care of kids but we don't hv any other choices..

xiongmao

*patpat* Poor meltie, from what you have shared, I can imagine the stress and frustration. Handling two little ones with such close age gap is no easy feat Hang in there! You can always share with us your struggles and frustration here

Tannie

Piglim, my mum said last time children r easy to take care, now children so difficult. Plus she said all our methods r nonsense... eg cannot feed water, cannot sleep yao lan, cannot give cereal in milk b4 6 months. ..

Lingz12

Yeah.. With the benefit of hindsight, a 2 yr gap between #1 and #2 is quite crazy.. but I guess im lucky cos I have v good family support, from my parents.. let's nt tok abt mil, she makes my blood boil.. my mum works alternate days so every tue and thur she will come by to help out though I have onli #2 with me while #1 is at the nanny.. but it is nice to have smeone watch over the baby while I go pump in peace.. rather than pumping and juggling the pump with one hand and patting baby and pushing in pacifier with the other.. on weekends, my parents will come and help me with the 2 bubs.. so daytime is still ok.. i onli go crazy at night wen both either refused to sleep or both wake up at the same time or they take turns to wake up.. sighz..

I oso keep asking my mum why I find it such a challenge to handle 2 kids on my own.. why can my grandma have 7 kids with 1-2 yr gap? She say kids back then are easier to handle.. can jus open the door let the kids run wild and they will come back wen they are supposed to..

Tannie.. initially im oso very by the book.. insist no pacifier insist no yao lan.. but after #1 I realli tink no pt making my life hell.. I gave my #1 pacifier after 3 months and my #2 after 1 month.. my #1 naps in yao lan at nanny's place and she has no difficulty sleeping at night on e bed.. oso growing v normally, no spine issues.. so now I bought a yao lan for #2 to nap during the day.. at night he sleeps in the cot.. no issue too.. maybe my babies have high adaptability.. but yao lan realli helps preventing me from gg bonkers.. if nt I have to carry him and let him nap on me all day..

Tannie

Haiz, actually I am very relax type, it's my hubby who insisted no yao lan after hearing stories fm his friends. My mum is v pro yao lan , so I m sandwich in between. ..

miso

Well, my girl was also like that during the 1st month. After every feed, gotta rock pat n walk. Once put in cot will wake up then start crying n I have to repeat the cycle all over again. So in the day, me n my MIL will take turns to carry her so that she can nap. It was really hell then. I was still in confinement then so imagine the heat plus cannot bathe properly (can only use herbal bath) and wash hair, lack of sleep etc. really very pek chek.

Poor hubby dunno who to pacify first coz both me n my MIL kept complaining to him that bb dun wanna sleep n that we were both very tired from carrying her. He went to google n found a rocker by fisher price with very good reviews. I insisted on not wanting the rocker initially coz I was worried that bb will not want to sleep in the cot anymore. But hubby convinced me n days have been good so far. Bb will nap in the rocker in the day n sleep in the cot at night. I have more rest now than when I was in confinement. So if u mummies dun wanna use the yao lan can try this rocker. It's sold at kiddy palace not sure if other toys store sell them.

Melancholy

Well, my girl was also like that during the 1st month. After every feed, gotta rock pat n walk. Once put in cot will wake up then start crying n I have to repeat the cycle all over again. So in the day, me n my MIL will take turns to carry her so that she can nap. It was really hell then. I was still in confinement then so imagine the heat plus cannot bathe properly (can only use herbal bath) and wash hair, lack of sleep etc. really very pek chek.

Poor hubby dunno who to pacify first coz both me n my MIL kept complaining to him that bb dun wanna sleep n that we were both very tired from carrying her. He went to google n found a rocker by fisher price with very good reviews. I insisted on not wanting the rocker initially coz I was worried that bb will not want to sleep in the cot anymore. But hubby convinced me n days have been good so far. Bb will nap in the rocker in the day n sleep in the cot at night. I have more rest now than when I was in confinement. So if u mummies dun wanna use the yao lan can try this rocker. It's sold at kiddy palace not sure if other toys store sell them.
Ya I have a fisher price price rocker too and my girl loves to sleep in it! The longest she slept in it was 3 hours though i'm quite worried that it's not good for her to sleep so long in the rocker.

bigbabyking

hi all, i am a new member officially writing in this thread though i have been a silent reader. This forum has been giving me information and support during my pregnancy stage. and i very happy to read all your posts.

Ii gave birth via c section to my 1st baby early May 14 and she is currently about 6 weeks old now. after she reached her 1st month, she hardly sleeps very long as she wants to be carry and rock... very tiring....she doesnt sleep in the cot and ended up sleeping on the sofa most of the time. but sleep time by herself on sofa at most 30 mins or lesser. i am perplexed whether to get her yaolan to sleep else i will go bonkers. any advice?

Piglim

Now life with CL hasn't been good. Haiz...
On that day when she left I ate my maid's food -confinement food which she learn from my CL. Why m I still eatinv that? Cos my mum says I shld eat as long as I can.. Anw. That now I had diarrhea n vomitting.. It didnt help that I had to look after my two kids.. Waking up every hour.. Was so weak e next day n I didn't hv any appetite at all.. Drink water or longan tea also feel sick.

Hubby went to see doc but I didn't cos I bf dun wanna eat med. just kept drinking as much fluid. Morning was well then just now eat my dinner again vomitted. I told my mum I think my maid better stop cooking those food cos she doesn't know much n is just base on experiment!

Mil also made me mad.. This morning just MIA like that when she knows hubby n I r sick. Talk bout her really pissesme off. So anw today both of us didnt hv time to rest eat or even drink. Think will faint anytime man.. Plus I super dry after bf.. No time to drink water..

Haiz hope I can better manage as time goes by.. Dun wanna depend this old lady.. Just when u need her help most she just disappear like that. Grrr.

Tannie

Oh no piglim take care. Maybe ur maid didn't prepare the food well... for your health sake better stop eating the food.

Maybe u can get a vaccum flask n put some warm water or longan water n place in ur room so u can hv a drink while nursing. It is impt to stay hydrated.

When we need ppl for help there is nothing we can complain... dun let it affect ur mood n affect milk qlty.

Have a good rest.

Win Won

hi experienced moms,

i'm from nov edd, but being a first time mom, i find myself with lots of questions!
im wondering how do you prepare yourself for the arrival and care of yr baby? do you take courses? if yes any good ones to recommend…
or you don't take courses at all and let nature takes it course?

Tannie

Hi win won, I find the courses r useful for lazy ppl like me who dun like to read up. I took the TMC course. For first time mum it really provide me with alot of useful information. Get your hubby to go with u n he can learn too. I find it quite interesting.

Alternatively, you can read up books, magazines n Internet. Talk to experience mum.

I think it's good to be prepared rather than to let nature take its cause... taking care of new born might not be as simple as you think...unless you have someone experience to help u.

miso

My bb seems to prefer to sleep facing the left and now her head is flat on one side. Any idea how to resolve is? We have tried to turn her head to face the other direction but she would turn back after a while. Also, is this going to be permanent?

Would appreciate if mums with experience with this can give me some advice. Thank you so much!

Piglim

Hey Miso, put a heavier baby pillow/bolster at the back to the side u want the baby to be so she can't turn her head.
Whether permanent I dunno according to old ppl yes, that time my son's head were alittle flat at e back. His is definitely not round head, but after the hair grew longer, it's very difficult to see n it's not that obvious also.

Piglim

Btw mummies any Gd massage lady to recommend? My one do halfway now say fasting. Zzzz. My tummy still 3mths bloated like tat.. Haiz..