EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

EYA

hi gracelkw

my 37th week check up is next week.. will they check if you've dilated? if im not mistaken, i will have to go for my ultrasound for checking of the water bag / fluid.. something like that...

Congrats wobblymummy & teriwinkle:D

Me went for 37wks check up today...baby weight 3kg. Hope he can come out next week...lol

gracelkw

Hi EYA,

Maybe i don't feel any pain or contraction now, so my Dr didn't check the dilation. But today ultrasound he told me my baby very happy inside cos my waterbag fluid a lot...haha:D

teriwinkle

Was feeling pretty drowsy and nauseous from the epidural. Anyway, I managed to push my baby out in 30minutes. I was feeling all comfy to log on to forum coz of the epidural.

Baby's weight is quite small, 2.528kg only but it was easier to push lol. You won't be able to eat once epidural is used. But before that, I didn't have much appetite too coz contractions were too painful.

joasiss

teriwinkle:710278 said:
Was feeling pretty drowsy and nauseous from the epidural. Anyway, I managed to push my baby out in 30minutes. I was feeling all comfy to log on to forum coz of the epidural.

Baby's weight is quite small, 2.528kg only but it was easier to push lol. You won't be able to eat once epidural is used. But before that, I didn't have much appetite too coz contractions were too painful.
Congrats!!!!!
Wow, how many weeks is he/ she when u gave birth? Is the gynae 's weight estimate accurate?

teriwinkle

38 weeks 3 days when I gave birth. Was weighing at 2.7kg but came out lighter.

joasiss:710283 said:
Congrats!!!!!
Wow, how many weeks is he/ she when u gave birth? Is the gynae 's weight estimate accurate?

cldnt believe teriwinkle was still updating on the forum during contractions! heeeheeee sounds like the epidural were good experiences. cant wait to get mine done and over with!

take care..

GG2012

Congrats!! It's time to enjoy ur life with baby :)
Did u have feeling when u push? (if no feeling at all, will be easier to get hurt)

teriwinkle

Was half numbed when I was pushing, it was totally painless. Gynae gave good instructions on when to push harder and longer, so baby wasn't hurt.

GG2012:710414 said:
Congrats!! It's time to enjoy ur life with baby :)
Did u have feeling when u push? (if no feeling at all, will be easier to get hurt)

GG2012

Was half numbed when I was pushing, it was totally painless. Gynae gave good instructions on when to push harder and longer, so baby wasn't hurt.
Sounds good~ make me feel more confidence if use epidural :)
I was planing not to use, but really worry I can't bear the pain....
Thx for sharing !^^

Hi

Anyone knows if we do baby girl full mth party, traditionally is it on the same day or 1 day early or few days early on a weekend, is ok? Eg born on 1.11.12, which date should we do? Must be 1.12.12 for a girl? Thanks :)

B zhai

Teriwinkle, congrats! U r so brave! :) u pushed for 30min? So we don't need to push during induce and contractions to help dilate?

Have a question mummies, maybe teriwinkle and wobblymummy can help. When your water bag burst and we are sitting on sofa or sleeping then how to clear up the mess huh? Will it get really wet?? Wondering if I need to put waterproof protector below my butt wherever I am hehe

my friend said she was given heavy pads (like those used for old people) by her doula, or can use maternity pads first i guess. she just used the thick pads n waited at home until it was less than 5 mins apart - but by then it was too late to have epidural! so she had to do natural but lucky hers was an easy birth.

hers was like a stream of pee constantly coming out when her water bag burst

Have a question mummies, maybe teriwinkle and wobblymummy can help. When your water bag burst and we are sitting on sofa or sleeping then how to clear up the mess huh? Will it get really wet?? Wondering if I need to put waterproof protector below my butt wherever I am hehe

teriwinkle

Can place a pad sheet on where you sit. I wasn't prepared but luckily I was standing when I felt water gushing out and immediately ran to the bathroom.

Katherine57:710646 said:

teriwinkle

Breastfeeding is alright except newborns are pretty easily sleepy and tend to suckle while they sleep. So need to consistently wake my baby up when breastfeeding her.

By right should have colostrum now instead of milk flow. I can't see mine but my lactation consultation could.

Mreow Mreow:710710 said:
How's breastfeeding Teriwinkle and wobblymummy?? :D

Did u have colostrum coming out?
Can u see it? :)

teriwinkle

Contractions help to dilate the cervix, same for induction, only need to push once dilated fully at 10cm.

B zhai:710518 said:
Teriwinkle, congrats! U r so brave! :) u pushed for 30min? So we don't need to push during induce and contractions to help dilate?