EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

So is this 3D scan highly recommended?

babyeskimo:681764 said:
I asked my sis, who is a doctor, about these 3D scans cos was excited when i heard about it...
she say they actually use it for cases where they want to suss out problems with the baby more than just seeing its face (which was what i was excited with heehee)... cos it exposes the baby to extra rays (dont think rays was the word she used)....

teriwinkle

I'm just curious how big are your tummies Mummies? Coz I have been receiving tons of comments that mine is rather small (looks like 5 months instead) for a 28th week baby inside me. The thing is, I have gained 9kg so far but many can't tell I've put on weight.

nature59

I'm just curious how big are your tummies Mummies? Coz I have been receiving tons of comments that mine is rather small (looks like 5 months instead) for a 28th week baby inside me. The thing is, I have gained 9kg so far but many can't tell I've put on weight.
Hi Teriwinkle, mine too! i think coz its our first baby?

teriwinkle

I have friends telling me their friends who are also having their first pregnancy have very huge tummies. Unlike me. Haha, I don't know if it is a good thing for us.

nature59:681781 said:
Hi Teriwinkle, mine too! i think coz its our first baby?

nature59

I have friends telling me their friends who are also having their first pregnancy have very huge tummies. Unlike me. Haha, I don't know if it is a good thing for us.
maybe we will balloon later? as long as baby is growing well i think its fine. dont think too much!

teriwinkle

Hehe I suppose so! Just enjoy the pregnancy process before it ends in 2 months plus.

Any of you doing hand and footprints for your baby after birth?

nature59:681790 said:
maybe we will balloon later? as long as baby is growing well i think its fine. dont think too much!

Isaac1112

Hi Apricotgem, i have tried AXA last two weeks... After decline i have tried prudential last week. They both also ask me for all the check up report so i just pass to them lor :( Today the prudential agent call me say rejected.
Hi Grace, insurance is good...but do not get stressed by their rejections (since they just want to earn premiums without payouts). I do not buy any insurance too. If the doctor said that the baby is good and well, believe it. I too, believe your baby will be well and healthy.:)

teriwinkle

My exact sentiments :D

Isaac1112:681814 said:
Hi Grace, insurance is good...but do not get stressed by their rejections (since they just want to earn premiums without payouts). I do not buy any insurance too. If the doctor said that the baby is good and well, believe it. I too, believe your baby will be well and healthy.:)

Jesamine

Yup!! I agree!! Don't think too much!! As long as your baby is all well and good, that's what matters most! I've put on 9kg too at 27th week and everyone is telling me i look big and so is my tummy. LOL. Well, baby is a little on the big side too but my gyne says that she's gonna be a perfect little girl. Don't have to worry! :)

teriwinkle

Glad to hear that! My friends kept telling me "aiyo tummy sooooo small", like they think I'm not eating and am torturing my girl even though they have got the facts wrong.

Jesamine:681832 said:
Yup!! I agree!! Don't think too much!! As long as your baby is all well and good, that's what matters most! I've put on 9kg too at 27th week and everyone is telling me i look big and so is my tummy. LOL. Well, baby is a little on the big side too but my gyne says that she's gonna be a perfect little girl. Don't have to worry! :)

teriwinkle

Haha! I have not met anyone who has given up their seats for me yet! :p And my belly button has not popped out, so nobody knows I'm preggy! Lol.

nature59:681880 said:
Thats true, sometimes people dont give up seats for me on train/buses too!

teriwinkle

Has your belly button popped out? I heard some don't pop out at all. Wonder why.

Jesamine:681913 said:
Hmmm.... I've always got people giving up their seats tho... maybe cos my tummy is really huge. LOL.

joasiss

mine doesnt pop as well. It looks like the fat layer prevents the belly button from being pushed out. :p
my belly is actually quite small and everyone says I dun look preggy from behind at all. Luckily I still got some of my waistline.

Anyone buying a video baby monitor? Im trying to decide between the audio only and video one. I'm not sure it is good to place wireless devices around my baby for long periods of time. The specs also say it is for use up to 6 months. Will it be a waste to buy one?

Jesamine

Nope ... mine hasn't really popped out but it's in the process i can say? LOL. It's like .. starting to pop but still not visible under clothings. Hmm .. i guess most will cos our tummies are so stretched... Not too sure though...

Has your belly button popped out? I heard some don't pop out at all. Wonder why.

Hmm how big is big?? My tummy is definitely bigger than my breasts now so is that considered big??? But I also got see 7.5 months pregnant woman at my gynae clinic and she's really huge compared to me so... My mum keeps saying my tummy not big but I seriously think in the last two weeks, it has grown quite a bit. Anyway my gynae said she don't need me to be very big but want me to control diet instead Haiz, so I doubt I will be very big even at labour.

Don't think my belly button will pop, will it definitely pop?? It still looks like a big hole hahahaha

Abt the scan, yah better not subject baby to too much radiation. I don't know what kind of rays they use for the 3D scan, need to read more on that

teriwinkle

Lol, my tummy is still smaller than my breasts. At first my belly button looked like it was gonna pop out any minute but then it sank back slightly.

Katherine57:681940 said:
Hmm how big is big?? My tummy is definitely bigger than my breasts now so is that considered big??? But I also got see 7.5 months pregnant woman at my gynae clinic and she's really huge compared to me so... My mum keeps saying my tummy not big but I seriously think in the last two weeks, it has grown quite a bit. Anyway my gynae said she don't need me to be very big but want me to control diet instead Haiz, so I doubt I will be very big even at labour.

Don't think my belly button will pop, will it definitely pop?? It still looks like a big hole hahahaha

Abt the scan, yah better not subject baby to too much radiation. I don't know what kind of rays they use for the 3D scan, need to read more on that

Mreow Mreow

Ooh, I never heard about this..will you be able to see the baby face?

Yes yes!
Apparently u will be able to see Baby's face.
Of cuz Baby muz be in a Good position.
Last time some of my friends have gone for it and they swear that Baby looks exactly like the 3D scan! Hehe

My hubby is very interested so I guess we'll be going for it.
I'm juz gonna research more on the places that offer it and the price.

Read somewhere that Paragon Has a clinic that offers this and they do videoTaping as well.
They will video the baby moving and then give us the tape!
Best time to go for 3D/4D scan can be advised by our gynae.
Hmm, I'm 22weeks now, might still be early for me...

Mummies, anyone here worried about BreastFeeding?
I've heard few nasty stories, it's quite worrying for a 1st time Mum to Be :(