EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

joasiss

EYA:691368 said:
Hi Joasiss

Did you manage to check out the price for Lansinoh breast pads in SG yet?
No, I've been to 2 mothercares and some shops but i cant find it anywhere.
If its sgd14 for 60 pcs on the blog shop , then the price is same.
For avent brand, vitacost is slightly cheaper.

B zhai

Hur hur hur.. Mreow mreow, we feel resembled both of us. The eyes look bigger like me but the face not so round like papa. Nose can't tell lei. Hoho! :p

Ya teriwinkle, she's detailed. But she can be quite serious kind. Where's ur gynae ah?

EYA

so mummies..

what else do we need to standby for ourselves?

I could only come up with these few:-
  1. breast pump
  2. Nipple wipes
  3. Nipple cream / Nipple balm - earth mama's natural nipple butter
  4. Disposable breast pads - LANSINOH
  5. Nursing bra
  6. Socks
  7. Maternity pads
  8. Bedroom slippers
Anymore to add on to the list? TIA!

EYA, do you mean standby in our hospital bag?

Thanks mummies, good to know that its normal for much activity!

wah, B Zhai, your doc seems quite reasonable. My doc just went private and he charged me extra $80 for longer consultation cos i was asking questions. So apparently the $90 standard consultation is for 10mins only... next time must talk fast!

joasiss

Katherine57:691422 said:
Joasiss, I've received the nursing bras that I bought online last week. Quite comfy! If u or any mummies want the link, let me know...
Hi Katherine, yes please send me the link! Thanks!

EYA, Nursing tea i guess...
I'm still a bit confused.. cos i have categorised my items by activity for baby (nursery, toiletries, clothes, feeding etc.) and stuff to pack for hospital bag... not so much stuff for me or baby
Also some body cream or oil (whichever is your preference) after delivery... I'm guessing the aftereffects of the pregnancy will be felt!

firming body cream to try to help get back in shape and firm up?...

i am super paranoid about stretch marks cos i used to get them even before pregnancy so ill use the oil for stretch marks. i dunno why but i can get them when i lose weight also, not just when putting on

teriwinkle

B zhai, my gynae is from kkh private suite but will be shifting to tmc once Oct comes. I'm not going with her, would rather be passed on to another gynae (hopefully a more detailed one).

B zhai:691395 said:
Hur hur hur.. Mreow mreow, we feel resembled both of us. The eyes look bigger like me but the face not so round like papa. Nose can't tell lei. Hoho! :p

Ya teriwinkle, she's detailed. But she can be quite serious kind. Where's ur gynae ah?

teriwinkle

What's nursing tea?

Probably get a tummy belt to help flatten the stomach?

babyeskimo:691613 said:
EYA, Nursing tea i guess...
I'm still a bit confused.. cos i have categorised my items by activity for baby (nursery, toiletries, clothes, feeding etc.) and stuff to pack for hospital bag... not so much stuff for me or baby
Also some body cream or oil (whichever is your preference) after delivery... I'm guessing the aftereffects of the pregnancy will be felt!

Do you mummies feel that your tummies are getting very tight? Mine does, maybe because now that baby is bigger so can feel his every movement more closely and my tummy didn't exactly expand a lot so maybe he didn't have much space to move around inside. Keep feeling very tight and stretched.

Have also started eating more now that I'm almost 31 weeks. And yeah getting nervous!!! It seem so fast now!!

teriwinkle

Yes, very tight feeling. Like the womb has no more space for the baby lol. On the contrary, I'm eating lesser because I start to feel full more easily.

Am counting down to 38 weeks instead of 40 coz that's when most babies start coming out I heard.

Katherine57:691738 said:
Do you mummies feel that your tummies are getting very tight? Mine does, maybe because now that baby is bigger so can feel his every movement more closely and my tummy didn't exactly expand a lot so maybe he didn't have much space to move around inside. Keep feeling very tight and stretched.

Have also started eating more now that I'm almost 31 weeks. And yeah getting nervous!!! It seem so fast now!!