EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

Yup at polyclinic. Ard 1month need to inject. Thank God no fever, shall use your mil's method for future jabs!

wobblymummy:726203 said:
Nope. U hav urs at Polyclinic? Do I hav to take the jab exactly 1 mth aft? Cos need book appt. maybe on thur or fri. Not sure about fever but my mil said drinks abit of gripe water 肥仔水before injection. It helps.

Isaac1112

Hi Isaac

i use destini for a day can't..today buy drapolene pink colour box..but think not working too. How many days should we try the cream before change brand? Tomoro I go but aloe vera gel..can know the exact brand? Feel sad as the rectum area quite red.

My baby when fart will have small poo..is it the brand of formulae wrong? How do we know the formulae suitable or not? I start enfaclac for 2 weeks..then change frisolac for 1 week plus. Now she keep fart with small poo n poo like nose mucus..so dont't know is stomach wind or formulae not suitable? Can we keep change brand of formulae or should try at least 3 weeks then change?

Hi barneybaby,

Yes...it will take a couple of days if using rash cream. But even that, it will not help if baby's buttock was not totally dry before applying the cream. I used to clean baby's buttock with wet wipe follow by applying the cream...Only to find out later from another mummy that we should dried the buttock after wet wipe, before we can apply the cream. It works...

I am quite sure that aloe vera gel will remove your worry in a day time...but follow the below steps:
1) Clean buttock with baby wipe.
2) dry the buttock (with dry cotton or fan blow dry).
3) apply a layer of pure aloe vera gel on the affected area before wrap up the diaper.
4) see result by next day! but must ensure every diaper change must repeat the above steps.

Brand of gel : JORUBI 99% pure aloe vera gel (not just any other lotion with aloe vera content!) I bought in Guardian Pharmacy.

Not too sure...my baby oso fart with small poo in a few occasions , I take it as stomach wind and he had not been drinking well on the previous feed...My baby is now on EBM and top up with FM (Enfalac), so far everything looks fine till now.

Dun be too worry, just ensure the FM is warmed to correct temp and should not left outside for too long..discard away the prepared milk if it not consumed soon. I personally do not think that brand of FM will cause small poo...in fact, regardless the brand, as long as the FM intake quantity is adequate, the wet poo should not be small..

Let hope that everything will be well soon.:) get back to us again on the condition tomorrow ya.

Isaac1112

Thanks Isaac1112, shall look for the infant version tomorrow!

We went to Polyclinic for consultation today because baby had those watery poo so I'm worried he has diarrhoea but doc said its too little to be diarrhoea, probably caused by the wind in his tummy, gave me liquid medication for stomach wind. She said some babies are harder to burp, regardless how u burp, still have wind inside. I think my boy belongs to that group because I always have to burp him for at least 15 min and he will still have wind after that. Hopefully with the Ru Yi oil, will help.

He started screaming for milk every 2 hrs now also. Today I increased his milk to 120ml each time, he drinks about 100-110ml, sometimes still 80-90ml though.
Hi Katherine57,

Seem like your baby is drinking well... so it should not be diarrhoea. I tend to agree that the wind is the culprit too!
Nowadays after burping my baby, i try to massage his stomach for a few minutes..not sure if it help...but can literally see after that, the hardened tummy becomes soft and shortly after that he burped...:)

Isaac1112

Hi Isaac, how do you massage the tummy? Using lotion or Ru Yi oil? Circular motion?
Hi Katherine, I did not apply anything. Just a short gentle massage with the clothes on...during burping time after feeding. Its my own discovery that it help to bring out the wind...not sure if it is standard:) Yes, circular motion around the belly button. U can try it out see if help for a start.:)

PockyMummy

Mummies.... Do you guys feel very thirsty even after drinking alot of water? I don't know how come this few days I kept feeling very very thirsty.. Drank a lot of water already but my tongue still got the feeling of drinking more water.. I'm afraid that could it be the symptom of diabetes? I'm so worried..

I am using Medela and dont notice any brown colour in the metal plate at bottom... but i have only used it a few times to test as im exclusively breastfeeding now. gonna start bottle feed next week

Mine does too. Im thinking of using boiling water to sterilize the bottles since the brown colour has to be something contaminating..
Anyone using a brand of steamer that doesn't have the brown residue?

Any babies here spitting up?

my baby regurgitates a bit (mouthful-ish, sometimes more) of milk almost everytime he feeds. especially if he ate more. its very hard to burp him, so most of the times we put him down to sleep after 5mins of trying to burp him. however, i noticed he spits up even after those rare occasions of burping.

i read up on spitting up, its normal but usually doesnt occur so often. its not a big deal as long as he doesnt choke on the milk, but sometimes pimples develop on the sides of his cheek cos he leaks milk out of mouth in middle of night.

Babyeskimo, my baby will have sips of milk dripping out from side of his mouth after feeding but not to extent of a lot. Today he did spurt out more milk so I suspect I overfed him or maybe the burping position was not comfortable for him. R u feeding your baby a lot?

B zhai

Hi mummies, do everyone of the mummies who feed ebm n top up fm, all wake up at night to pump? I'm so lazy cos nanny is here n I dun hv to do night feeds, I don't wake up at night to pump. Wonder if supply will drop. Currently, everyday i pump once in morning abt 120-130ml, 230pm or 3pm 100ml, 7pm 90-100ml, 930pm 80ml, 12am abt 80ml. Is it ok 5 times a day. Anyone doing about the same?

Hi Isaac & Katherine

tks so much..cl use back destini last nite n lucky today got better. So must use 2 days to see result. I use destini one day n see no result n change to drapolene..so conclusion is destini works but must 2 days. Hope it fully recover soon. :)

But I worry the fart with small poo n oso discover last nite that poo has a watery muscus..wonder is it brand of formulae? Anyone using frisolac? I do whole day breastfeed with bottle except nite 1 to 2 times formulae at nite.

can know poo looks like wat then healthy? My bb ever since 1 week till now, the poo is paste with sesame seeds..cl say seeds is indigestion??? So we change enfaclac to friscolac..but still same poo. Is such poo ok?

Thanks so much. :)

I pump 8 times a day..at nite, wake up 2 times (3am & 6am)..basically every 2 to 4hrs pump once.

My bb oso vomit milk after every feed..usually after 20mins after feed will vomit. But cl say normal..so I think ok.

MSK

Hi all nov mummies, I am new to this forum. Gave birth to my daughter 2 weeks ago :) i am a 1st time mummy and trying to learn as much as possible frm my CL. Wanted to bf but my dd doesn't wanna latch on and my milk supply also not much... so am pumping out bm and supplementing with fm as well. Wanna ask which brand of fm are u all using to supplement?

Babyeskimo, ya it's normal for babies to spit up some milk. Maybe u can try to burp him more often during the feed?

My baby also had watery poo since last Friday. Before that was like sesame paste like what barneybaby said then last Friday don't know why suddenly became watery poo n splattered the whole diaper. Twice in a night then the next day he didn't poo whole day then following day, he had the watery poo thrice. I was worried that he may have diarrhoea that's why brought him to see doc plus he had some wind in tummy. Doc said its not diarrhoea since only 2-3 times for the whole day n she said quantity not a lot also, told us to monitor n see. So far today he has such pop twice. I was feeding him bm n fm all along but these two days feeding fm only n he still has such poo so I don't think it's related to fm.

GG2012

Mummies.... Do you guys feel very thirsty even after drinking alot of water? I don't know how come this few days I kept feeling very very thirsty.. Drank a lot of water already but my tongue still got the feeling of drinking more water.. I'm afraid that could it be the symptom of diabetes? I'm so worried..
I always feel thirsty too, i think because of we keep producing breast milk, so need to drink a lot of water, soup...etc

nature59

Hi all nov mummies, I am new to this forum. Gave birth to my daughter 2 weeks ago :) i am a 1st time mummy and trying to learn as much as possible frm my CL. Wanted to bf but my dd doesn't wanna latch on and my milk supply also not much... so am pumping out bm and supplementing with fm as well. Wanna ask which brand of fm are u all using to supplement?

Babyeskimo, ya it's normal for babies to spit up some milk. Maybe u can try to burp him more often during the feed?
Hi MSK, I'm using S26 for my bb..