EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

PockyMummy

I wonder how does the umbilical cord looks like when it drop off? My son is 10days.. Though I got use the alcohol swab to wipe and anti-bacterial powder to put on but his umbilical cord still got abit of yellowish liquid, I wonder is it infection? Makes me so worried.. =(

joasiss

Katherine57:726366 said:
Barneybaby, we used drapolene for one day and the rashes went away. Must wipe dry after using the wet wipes leh. If too wet n put diaper, not good also.

I've also asked Polyclinic doc abt changing formula milk becos baby keeps having wind so I suspect it's the fm but doc said as long as he doesn't vomit or have diarrhoea, there's no need to change
My cl cleans his butt with wipes and then wash with water whenever she changed diaper with poo. So far it has helped to prevent rashes. She says wet wipes not so good.

My baby also has a lot of wind. Tummy so big and it started the day i gave him all breast milk. I thought it was the bm. Seems like many babies having the same problem now...

MSK

Thanks nature59! :) am using nan ha now, same as wat she was drinking in hospital. Pd said she doesn't need to drink ha formula so am thinking to change fm for her..

Pockymummy, my girl's umbilical cord dropped off when she was 9 days old... There wasn't any yellowish liquid. If u are worried, u might wanna check w ur pd whether it is infection?

Joasiss, u can try to put some ru yi oil on baby's tummy.. It helps a lot in reducing wind :) but don't use too much cos may be too strong for baby.

nature59

hey mummies, just realized polyclinic doesn't do 1 month old check up, just the vaccination. Does it mean we have to go another place fr check up?

linl1n84

Reiann I will get contact from my hb tonite and let u know. Think the price is around 180-190 less than 200. It is quite cheap as we told the auntie that our fren recommend one. She is the close friend of my friend Aunty.

Felicity: when u latch ur bb, how do u know if she is full? Wait till she unlatch herself? How abt if she doesn't unlatch??? I was latching my gal this morning and I worried she didn't have enough...

teriwinkle

Am also letting my girl drink Nan HA now. Also thinking of changing for her coz more expensive than Nan Pro. What fm are you changing to?

MSK:727019 said:
Thanks nature59! :) am using nan ha now, same as wat she was drinking in hospital. Pd said she doesn't need to drink ha formula so am thinking to change fm for her..

Pockymummy, my girl's umbilical cord dropped off when she was 9 days old... There wasn't any yellowish liquid. If u are worried, u might wanna check w ur pd whether it is infection?

Joasiss, u can try to put some ru yi oil on baby's tummy.. It helps a lot in reducing wind :) but don't use too much cos may be too strong for baby.

teriwinkle

There will only be a check up at their 3rd month. I didn't go to other places for check up.

nature59:727079 said:
hey mummies, just realized polyclinic doesn't do 1 month old check up, just the vaccination. Does it mean we have to go another place fr check up?

teriwinkle

Like what barneybaby has said, to get rid of wind. I like to use it together with ruyi oil, one works externally, the other internally. The effect is almost instantaneous.

SGNZ:727392 said:
What is gripe water for?

teriwinkle

Is there a foul smell?

PockyMummy:726918 said:
I wonder how does the umbilical cord looks like when it drop off? My son is 10days.. Though I got use the alcohol swab to wipe and anti-bacterial powder to put on but his umbilical cord still got abit of yellowish liquid, I wonder is it infection? Makes me so worried.. =(

B zhai

Any mummies prescribed with iberet folic 500 iron multivitamin after birth? I suspect it's causing me to hv dark green stools...

MSK

Hi teriwinkle, I'm giving my girl nan pro now.. Just changed 2 days ago, still gotta monitor how she takes to it :)

Btw, how much fm are ur babies taking now? My girl is 2 weeks+ and she is drinking 70ml every 2.5-3 hrs.. Is that too much?

Hi Bzhai

my gyane ask me continue iron, fish oil & calcium pill for 5 weeks after birth. I will go review in dec n ask him if still need to consume till when. The iron pill caused me to hv dark green stools. Actually, I consume tis iron pill since I found out I am pregant n hv ever since got dark green stools for the last 9mths. Don't like the pills as got me heaty but no choice. :)

B zhai

Hi Barneybaby, thank u sooo much for the info!! I was so worried I went to see gp n gynae. She ask me do stool culture. I don't think I wan to do it. She ask ne to bring the bottle back to collect but today I read online iron pill does give dark green stools. I feel
More at ease now. I thought my bowels something wrong.

B zhai

Hi Eya, I passed motion on day 2 in hospital
Cos mine was quite watery. You do not hv urge to poo or was it painful when you try to poo. For almost 1-2 wks I experience muscle pain when I hv stomachache before pooing. Maybe I exert too much. I even had urine pain. Went to see gp n was told I may hv urinary tract infection n was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. Now I'm ok. :)

EYA

Watery is ok i think mine is hard stool cos im feeling constipated nw.
Afraid the stitches will hurt.. hais

Hi Eya, I passed motion on day 2 in hospital
Cos mine was quite watery. You do not hv urge to poo or was it painful when you try to poo. For almost 1-2 wks I experience muscle pain when I hv stomachache before pooing. Maybe I exert too much. I even had urine pain. Went to see gp n was told I may hv urinary tract infection n was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. Now I'm ok. :)