EDD October

Triquetra

yes we discussed and decided to put the child at infant care. Luckily there's an infant care nearby our area.. so we solved the problems. We do not mind if she wanna take care of the child when my child grow older (maybe 2 to 3 yrs old) but not now..
Actually infant care is a good alternative if the fee isn't a problem.
My friend places her baby there since 3 months, her daughter is well taken care of and happy :)

Stephy126

Actually infant care is a good alternative if the fee isn't a problem.
My friend places her baby there since 3 months, her daughter is well taken care of and happy :)
Yes I do agree with you. Baby tends to be more open and independant in a way.. not too pamper by the elderly also :p

Triquetra

Yes I do agree with you. Baby tends to be more open and independant in a way.. not too pamper by the elderly also :p
Yup!!! I think there will also be less conflicts over how the child should be taken care of!
My daughter is over pampered, my mom gives in to her all the time! I become the 'bad guy' and she becomes my daughter's favourite =.="

Stephy126

Yup!!! I think there will also be less conflicts over how the child should be taken care of!
My daughter is over pampered, my mom gives in to her all the time! I become the 'bad guy' and she becomes my daughter's favourite =.="
Yes I understand how you feel! I dont wanna pamper my gal else it will be tough for her in future as not everyone will pamper her the way we do..

But how come no one think about hire the maid to take care the baby??
Me and my husband think to hire the maid, we hope can hire a good maid.

Triquetra

But how come no one think about hire the maid to take care the baby??
Me and my husband think to hire the maid, we hope can hire a good maid.
I guess because maid is considered an outsider so someone will still be needed to supervise her.
Some people might also feel uncomfortable or has limited space/room to spare :)

I agreed maid is considered an outsider, some more don't know the maid is good or not.
But if both take care by nanny, will cost me SGD 1,200.. and me and hubby need to do the night shift... Don't know can we "tahan" the night shift. And sometime my hubby he need to OT till midnight, this mean I alone have to take care both kids after fetch from nanny house.
Headache about this also. Me and hubby have not get a solution for this.
Anyone have good suggestion.

I guess because maid is considered an outsider so someone will still be needed to supervise her.
Some people might also feel uncomfortable or has limited space/room to spare :)

Triquetra

I agreed maid is considered an outsider, some more don't know the maid is good or not.
But if both take care by nanny, will cost me SGD 1,200.. and me and hubby need to do the night shift... Don't know can we "tahan" the night shift. And sometime my hubby he need to OT till midnight, this mean I alone have to take care both kids after fetch from nanny house.
Headache about this also. Me and hubby have not get a solution for this.
Anyone have good suggestion.
I guess you would really need a maid then so even childcare operates from 7am to 7pm.
Will there be anyone to supervise the maid when you or your husband is not around?

joanneneo

Anyone start having contraction...
It come every few mins... pain till cannot take it liao... gynae say it normal and it will get worst at the later stage.

Triquetra

It come every few mins... pain till cannot take it liao... gynae say it normal and it will get worst at the later stage.
What kind of pain is that?
Though I have given birth before, I still cannot tell how does contraction feel like >.<"

Stephy126

Wow that's early for contraction eh!! I think I have diarrhea since last night.. still thinking should I go see doc...

Hi Triquetra,

I got no one at home to supervise the maid... this is also we worry. But do you think if I install CCTV will help??
Thanks you for your advice.

I guess you would really need a maid then so even childcare operates from 7am to 7pm.
Will there be anyone to supervise the maid when you or your husband is not around?

Triquetra

Hi Triquetra,

I got no one at home to supervise the maid... this is also we worry. But do you think if I install CCTV will help??
Thanks you for your advice.
If no one is there to supervise the maid, you really should install CCTV.
At least you know what is happening and see if your neighbours can help to look see look see a little when you are not around.
Or at least try to talk to your HR and let them know your situation, see if it is possible to arrange your work schedule in a way that you or your husband will be home to see the maid.