EDD October

Alisa

A qn to ask mummies who have delivered their babies... Do we need to shave our pubic hair? I din check with my gynae but my fren said the nurse will shave for us if we din shave n they sometimes will cut u if not careful! Sounds painful...
the nurse will shave for u wan. its written on my letter by doc.

Alisa

hihi
i have given birth to baby boy Jaden on 25th Sept (EDD supposed to be 15 Oct) by induced normal birth due to umbilical cord around the neck.
The nurse will help you to shave... they will only shave the part near the anus....actually they are quite careful and experienced...dun worry...
:)
Congrats Mindyling!

lyra

I'm worried. Today, its still a bit greenish. Called clinic but nobody picks up. I guess its their off day. Next check up is Thurs but I think I'll call on Monday to ask already, won't wait until then.

i dun know about the greenish problem.... when is your next checkup? its good to check...

Alisa

I'm worried. Today, its still a bit greenish. Called clinic but nobody picks up. I guess its their off day. Next check up is Thurs but I think I'll call on Monday to ask already, won't wait until then.
do take care... hopefully its nothing serious...

b3iib3ii

Hi mummies,

anyone here can tell me when the fetus head down and doctor say its low is that means I will be going for labour soon?
as my EDD is on 1Nov, and its my 1st pregnancy... I'm so scared...

and I do hv some white discharge, my doctor did take some discharge for a test but I not sure what test is that, anyone did the test before?

yinching

is it? that time is ur contraction come? actually duno by 37 weeks, my bb will gain how much? if my bb weigh more than 2.5kg by next week wondering when deliver is how much weight? cos my gynae is not in spore, another gynae check for me. funny is he didn't say anything about the fluid level ok or anot? only ask abt e c-sect schedule. I ask him for his advice whether to go for natural birth but he just say i hv already ask my gynae to book for c-sect.
Hi Nattynat,

Actually how is the contraction like? is it like menses cramp? I hvnt pack my bag yet, think hv to pack it today in case any time bb want to come out. Hopefully wait for two more weeks at least my bb can gain more weight. Did your husband accompany u to the delivery room?

Last edited:

lyra

Hi, if u r first time mum, ur uterus will 'lighten' or drop lower in ur pelvis pretty early, like few weeks before birth. Baby usually also turn head down ard 36weeks which is gd news as it's gd position for natural birth. I think labour is near but not so near like within a day or smth. Just get ready ur hospital bag.

Look out for signs of labour like bloody show, regular n frequent contractions and water bag burst/ amniotic fluid leak.

As for the discharge test, I think ur doc is testing for vagina infection. It's quite common during preg. Just wait for the results n doc will advise wat to do. If there's infection, mayb he'll give u antibiotics.

Hi mummies

anyone here can tell me when the fetus head down and doctor say its low is that means I will be going for labour soon?
as my EDD is on 1Nov, and its my 1st pregnancy... I'm so scared...

and I do hv some white discharge, my doctor did take some discharge for a test but I not sure what test is that, anyone did the test before?

yinching

Hi, if u r first time mum, ur uterus will 'lighten' or drop lower in ur pelvis pretty early, like few weeks before birth. Baby usually also turn head down ard 36weeks which is gd news as it's gd position for natural birth. I think labour is near but not so near like within a day or smth. Just get ready ur hospital bag.

Look out for signs of labour like bloody show, regular n frequent contractions and water bag burst/ amniotic fluid leak.

As for the discharge test, I think ur doc is testing for vagina infection. It's quite common during preg. Just wait for the results n doc will advise wat to do. If there's infection, mayb he'll give u antibiotics.
Hi lyra,

Have you pack your bag? You gg to give birth soon, are your nervous? I must make my decision soon whether to go for natural or c-sect cos if go for c-sect i need to go for blood test on this fri afternoon. sigh.....

Stephy126

Hello Mummies,

I went for my week 38 check up last Saturday. My baby is 3.283 kgs and my total weight gain is about 7kg as off last saturday. My gynae commented that I might deliver my baby gal earlier than EDD (16 Oct). It would be any time from 9 Oct onwards.. Am kinda nervous and excited now :p

yinching

Hello Mummies,

I went for my week 38 check up last Saturday. My baby is 3.283 kgs and my total weight gain is about 7kg as off last saturday. My gynae commented that I might deliver my baby gal earlier than EDD (16 Oct). It would be any time from 9 Oct onwards.. Am kinda nervous and excited now :p
Oh congrats in advance!! have you started your maternity leave?

didy

Hello Mummies,

wow so envy u!! i can't wait for my gynae to say the golden words to me "you might be delivering anytime now.." but i guess its still early for me. i am only in my 35+ weeks. just that getting very tired of being pregnant now.. with all the backache and water retention and the discomfort :(

yinching

wow so envy u!! i can't wait for my gynae to say the golden words to me "you might be delivering anytime now.." but i guess its still early for me. i am only in my 35+ weeks. just that getting very tired of being pregnant now.. with all the backache and water retention and the discomfort :(
Times will pass very fast. I'm on 36 weeks and 2 days now, maybe delivering anytime from now also. When you slp, remb to put ur leg up to reduce the water retention.

Stephy126

Didy,

How heavy is your baby now? Try to drink red dates water to reduce the water retention.. :)

yinching

Thanks Yinching, will start my maternity from 10 Oct onwards. This week will be my last working week :) What about you?
Actually I opt for c-sect, my gynae arrange it on 10 Oct 11 but now consider wan to change to natural birth. If I go for c-sect, I have to go for blood test this Fri afternoon. My mum n my sis advice me to go for natural birth. If I go for natural birth, wondering should I take start my maternity leave on 10 Oct onwards or 17 Oct onwards? any advice?

yinching

Thanks, Stehpy dear... :)

I will be admitting tmr morning at 9am for scheduled C section at 4pm... wish me luck!!! ^^ Feeling really anxious more abt the pain after.. wahahhaha... XD
Hi Sarobabe,

Congrats in advance!! How come your schedule so fast, c-sect at 37 weeks?

Sarobabe

Thanks Yinching... :)

Cos doc confirmed contractions has started and baby already weigh 3.43 kg last week.. so doc is afraid that baby might want to come out anytime and suggest we go for earlier c section to prevent emergencies cos he feel that baby is ready to be delivered.... XD

Hi Sarobabe,

Congrats in advance!! How come your schedule so fast, c-sect at 37 weeks?