EDD October

Stephy126

Hi Mindy & Lyra,

I did bought some teething biscuit but she just dont appreciate it. Same thing to the cold teethers... Feel so helpless when she cries non-stop as my baby gal hardly cry. And yes, both my hubby and I didnt sleep well too since she woke up about 1.5 hours interval throughout the night... it's really a pain to us..

hi stephy my son of 6 months 1 week is also teething. normally if he screams the milk bottle will be able to stop his cries, but lately, he keeps on crying non-stop. yah he woke up 2 nights consecutively already, and suspected to be teething, cos he hasnt woken up in the night for 2 months already. will see what the pediatrician say this sat. have given him the cold teethers but sometimes he will still cry while biting those. Have you thought of giving him teething biscuits? i am thinking as i dunno how nutritious or not they are, whether they contain preservatives or artificial flavouring
Maybe its teething plus growth spurt. My son had it too. He woke me up almost throughout the whole night and both hubby and I didn't sleep well. I remember during his past few growth spurts, he's very fussy too.

yingzy

hi mummies...

go buy Dentinox at kiddypalace or any other pharmacy.. its a teething gel for babies... helps to numb e gum so they don't feel so sore...

on top of dat.. i feed my boy gripewater everyday (mix with water) or cook barley water for him to drink... my boy now wakes at nite is bcuz he likes to flip over to his tummy and couldn't flip back...so he gets angry and cry out loud...

Stephy126

Thanks Ying,

Will go and get the Dentinox tonight. I do feed my gal gripewater but not on a daily basis.. guess I should make it as a daily affair now. How many ml of barley water that you give to your boy?

Sometimes my gal also make noise when she's unable to flip on her playpen.. her bodysize is getting bigger, so not much room for her to flip/ move around with and that's when she make noise to get our atenttion... I will put her on my bed so that she has more room to flip/ move around with (at least she make lesser noise nowadays :p)

QUOTE=yingzy;639849]hi mummies...

go buy Dentinox at kiddypalace or any other pharmacy.. its a teething gel for babies... helps to numb e gum so they don't feel so sore...

on top of dat.. i feed my boy gripewater everyday (mix with water) or cook barley water for him to drink... my boy now wakes at nite is bcuz he likes to flip over to his tummy and couldn't flip back...so he gets angry and cry out loud...[/QUOTE]

Alisa

can i know how much milk did mummies feed yr baby now? i am feeding 4 spoons formula + 1 spoon cereal to 150ml of water so will get about 180ml. Think he is in his growing spur too cuz now he wake up around 2-3 hrs after this feed... usually after this amount of milk, he will drink till he sleep but now he is alert after drinking and kept flipping around.... both hubby and me cannot sleep... so tired... shall i incease the formula or cereal?

HI Alisa,

I feeding my girl 160ml for day time (4 hours per feed). At evening (about 7pm+) will feed my girl cereal, about 3.5 spoon (milk powder spoon). After that, around 9.30om feeding milk powder for 100ml. She able sleep from 10pm till 2 or 3am for next feed.
I find feeding her cereal will make her sleep longer. But i dont mix the cereal into milk powder.

Hi mummies,
Recently I found my girl drink very slow for every feeding. I still using teat no. 1 (she is 5mths and 3 weeks). Any mummies have change the teat for your baby?? Or should i change for my girl ??

can i know how much milk did mummies feed yr baby now? i am feeding 4 spoons formula + 1 spoon cereal to 150ml of water so will get about 180ml. Think he is in his growing spur too cuz now he wake up around 2-3 hrs after this feed... usually after this amount of milk, he will drink till he sleep but now he is alert after drinking and kept flipping around.... both hubby and me cannot sleep... so tired... shall i incease the formula or cereal?

yingzy

i give about 90ml of barley water a day.. or sometimes i will mix e gripewater with room temp water and give him drink for a day...

my boy actually now doesn't drinks so much...drinks very slowly and gets hungry bet 2-3 hrs... and den feed like 90-120ml only...i also realize dat if i give him friso cream cereal...e nx feed will be later... :)

Stephy126

Oic, will try to do the same for my gal. My gal loves frisco cream alot too!! I start giving her mashed sweet potatoes and pumpkin, she likes those too.. seems like she has more preference to solid food if compared to milk nowadays.

i give about 90ml of barley water a day.. or sometimes i will mix e gripewater with room temp water and give him drink for a day...

my boy actually now doesn't drinks so much...drinks very slowly and gets hungry bet 2-3 hrs... and den feed like 90-120ml only...i also realize dat if i give him friso cream cereal...e nx feed will be later... :)

Alisa

Hi mummies, the amount you mention is after mixing with formula??? If yes then i am feeding my son like too much le... He actually don like to drink water so i mix a tiny bit of gripe water with about 100ml water, kept let him play with the teat and he finally drink few days ago. ytd my hubby try to give plain water only and he also drink! a good sign! i will try to give him mash food this Sun and see his reaction.

theknees

Hi ladies, it's been awhile since I visited this thread... didn't post here again after confinement. My son is 6 months 2 weeks already and he is 9.4kg now. still giving him breastmilk, takes formula when we are outside. started giving him cereal mixed with bm 2 weeks ago. but only once a day. about 30ml bm with 4 teaspoons of cereal. is it too little? thinking if I shld skip to porridge as I'm trying to stop pumping milk... It's really too troublesome at work...

lyra

I finally fed my son semi solids! Haha. After 3 tries, today, he finally ate all the semi solid hubby fed him. I gave him organic brown rice powder mixed with warm water and breast milk. He loves the food. I tried a bit myself n it smells n taste good. I'm going to try apple tomorrow!

Potofstars

hi stephy my son of 6 months 1 week is also teething. normally if he screams the milk bottle will be able to stop his cries, but lately, he keeps on crying non-stop. yah he woke up 2 nights consecutively already, and suspected to be teething, cos he hasnt woken up in the night for 2 months already. will see what the pediatrician say this sat. have given him the cold teethers but sometimes he will still cry while biting those. Have you thought of giving him teething biscuits? i am thinking as i dunno how nutritious or not they are, whether they contain preservatives or artificial flavouring
My son hasn't been sleeping well for past one wk, waking up every hour screaming and crawling, requiring to be nursed... Was thinking it's due to teething, cos he bites everything including my nipple :(
hope this phase ends soon.....

Potofstars

I finally fed my son semi solids! Haha. After 3 tries, today, he finally ate all the semi solid hubby fed him. I gave him organic brown rice powder mixed with warm water and breast milk. He loves the food. I tried a bit myself n it smells n taste good. I'm going to try apple tomorrow!
Hi Lyra, which brand of rice powder r u using?

lyra

Im using Bio Century brand organic brown rice powder. Ingredients are brown rice and enzymes (bromelain, papain, lipase, glucoamlyse, cellulose) and fructo-oligosaccharides. I prefer if they have Si Shen added but there isn't.

Hi Lyra, which brand of rice powder r you using?

lyra

My son likes the apple too. I taste to try if it's sweet before feeding him. Some fruits are on the sour side and he hates the sour taste. I didnt manage to feed him a lot this time coz we r bz preparing to go out visiting parents in law. I think when babies can sit up, we can start giving them finger food right? He has yet learn to use sippy cup properly though :(

hotmilktea

My son hates apple! Same as my hubby and myself I guess?! So it's good for me in a way. :)
so far he likes his rice cereal, I give Hipp organic, as well as pumpkin and pear.
I notice his poo a little dry now that we started on solid though. So after I steam the pear, the water I will let him drink, coz I don't give him plain water at all.

marshmallows

Im using Bio Century brand organic brown rice powder. Ingredients are brown rice and enzymes (bromelain, papain, lipase, glucoamlyse, cellulose) and fructo-oligosaccharides. I prefer if they have Si Shen added but there isn't.
Lyra, Eu Yang Sang sells sisen powder alone too. No need to cook, just sprinkle some over baby's cereal or porridge :)

joanneneo

Hi Mummies,

My in law said dont feed baby porridge before 1year birthday cos baby will have alot of wind in stomach... do you think is true?
When did you all feed your baby porridge?

Stephy126

Wow your baby boy is BIG!! I always thought that my gal is big (she's 6.7 kg at 5 months old) but if compared to your boy, she's normal eh :p Now my gal slim down abit as she started her crawling, flip/flop and walking recently. Just hope that she can stay healthy at all time

Hi ladies, it's been awhile since I visited this thread... didn't post here again after confinement. My son is 6 months 2 weeks already and he is 9.4kg now. still giving him breastmilk, takes formula when we are outside. started giving him cereal mixed with bm 2 weeks ago. but only once a day. about 30ml bm with 4 teaspoons of cereal. is it too little? thinking if I shld skip to porridge as I'm trying to stop pumping milk... It's really too troublesome at work...