EDD October

Stephy126

I heard only overnight porridge will create wind in the stomach.. actually alot of mummies start to feed their baby with porridge + veggie or fish or meat... i feed my baby steam pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, apple and frisco rice cereal.. she's loving it. I have the intention to prepare porridge + Brocolli and maybe some yoghurt for my gal next week as she's getting more and more 'touchy' and curious about the surrounding around her.. always touch, grab and put things in her mouth nowadays.

Hi Mummies,

My in law said dont feed baby porridge before 1year birthday cos baby will have alot of wind in stomach... do you think is true?
When did you all feed your baby porridge?

joanneneo

Hmmm.. like that hor... i think just give my boy porridge lah.

I heard only overnight porridge will create wind in the stomach.. actually alot of mummies start to feed their baby with porridge + veggie or fish or meat... i feed my baby steam pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, apple and frisco rice cereal.. she's loving it. I have the intention to prepare porridge + Brocolli and maybe some yoghurt for my gal next week as she's getting more and more 'touchy' and curious about the surrounding around her.. always touch, grab and put things in her mouth nowadays.

lyra

Thanks, marshmallow! I'll buy from them. Mummies, when you cook porridge, u cook it like adults porridge, just add more water n cook longer so that it will be softer is it? Do u cook brown rice porridge?

lyra

Where do u go to buy HIPP?

My son hates apple! Same as my hubby and myself I guess?! So it's good for me in a way. :)
so far he likes his rice cereal, I give Hipp organic, as well as pumpkin and pear.
I notice his poo a little dry now that we started on solid though. So after I steam the pear, the water I will let him drink, coz I don't give him plain water at all.

Alisa

when to let them finish the whole bowl of solid food? my son tend to get tired of eating after more than 5 spoons... then he will ask for milk.

hotmilktea

How much are u giving? For myself if give rice cereal I will only make 2 teaspoonful of cereal
mix with about 40ml of BM or more depends on the consistency. He finished all. I wun give milk then.
Until 1.5-2hr later he want he will cry for it. Since starting solid, my son lose interest in milk already

when to let them finish the whole bowl of solid food? my son tend to get tired of eating after more than 5 spoons... then he will ask for milk.

Stephy126

I feed my gal 2 to 3 scope of the frisco cream and she can finished it in about 10 to 20 mins time... in between I will give her water to drink. By doing so, it could last her for 3 hours till then next feeding

lyra

How big is your bowl of solid food? For me, I give half cup (around 5 spoonfuls of brown rice powder) and then add in 10 spoonfuls of milk to make it to the right consistency. He finished all happily. I will increase the amount as the day goes by.

I gave him solid food before bedtime, hoping that will make him sleep longer but haiz, he still wakes up every 3 hr for milk.

Alisa

I mixed cereal in his milk to let him drink, i mashed potato to feed him. Today he ate more spoon than ytd. I realised he will increase the no. of spoon himself wan. I did mixed milk to make the mash potato not so dry and also give him water between feed.

tinkerstars

any mummies wanna buy cereal or teething biscuits from iherb? it's cheaper.
iherb having free international shipping now and with discount code XEB299 , there is $5 off first purchase

**Free Airmail for international orders over $40.00! Ends April 30th, 2012 **

Anyone keen to join me?

ksohfeng

Hi Mummies,
My Girl is six months old, Do you all stay wake up and feed your babies during midnight?
If my last feed is 11pm + ,let her sleep until morning and feed her at around 7am?
Ard six month plus babies, how much formula should she be drinking?
She drinking about 100-120ml each time only...2 times of porridge each day...n one meal is brown rice ceral is it fine?

lyra

If ur baby can sleep through to morning, let her sleep through. So good that she can sleep through. Mine still wakes up abt 3 times throughout the night. I breastfeed by latching directly so I'm tell you how much is ok. 2 meals a day should be ok for 6 month old. I'm feeding my 6 month old boy 2 meals a day. Morning brown rice and evening either brown rice or something else.

Hi Mummies,
My Girl is six months old, Do you all stay wake up and feed your babies during midnight?
If my last feed is 11pm + ,let her sleep until morning and feed her at around 7am?
Ard six month plus babies, how much formula should she be drinking?
She drinking about 100-120ml each time only...2 times of porridge each day...n one meal is brown rice ceral is it fine?

ksohfeng

My girl wait only 6.26kg at her six month...
Abit worry too...
Now what u feeding you girl?

Wah ur babies have great appetites, how I wish my girl is like that. I used to bottle feed her in the day and she drinks around 80-100ml 3 hourly. At our 4th month checked up her weight gain was very little then I decided to latch on direct instead. Her weight has been an issue since she was born. Her birth weight was only 2.3kg and at 5th month she is only 5kg :(

ksohfeng

She drinks little milk in the day... like about 100-120ml per time ...
so if I dont feed her at night...i afriad she not having enough milk.
But from the elderly advised is..as long day time got eat ok...let her sleep at night.
My girl quite skinny..only 6.26kg in six months. :(
But the doctor say as long she is active is ok.

If ur baby can sleep through to morning, let her sleep through. So good that she can sleep through. Mine still wakes up abt 3 times throughout the night. I breastfeed by latching directly so I'm tell you how much is ok. 2 meals a day should be ok for 6 month old. I'm feeding my 6 month old boy 2 meals a day. Morning brown rice and evening either brown rice or something else.

tinkerstars

6.26kg is a healthy weight. she's taking 2 meals porridge at 6 months old - it's very good already. Porridge is filling. so if she can sleep through, it means she is not hungry. just let her be.

My girl wait only 6.26kg at her six month...
Abit worry too...
Now what you feeding you girl?

ksohfeng

Really... but her weight drop to 10% percentile only.
Thank You for the advise.
She dont like Milk...she refuse to sucks...so i Bo bian...need to give her 2meals of porridge. :(

6.26kg is a healthy weight. she's taking 2 meals porridge at 6 months old - it's very good already. Porridge is filling. so if she can sleep through, it means she is not hungry. just let her be.

tinkerstars

she probably have a small stomach. it's ok to take small quantity. just give her frequent feeds.
dont't worry... i think baby will cry for food if they hungry.

and one thing - their taste and preferences changes. so just trial and error.