EDD September 2013 Mummies

Jerlynn

Hi mummies, FTM here. Edd 28 Sept. I think my mucous plug just came out. A lump of thick and light green mucous. Anyone has that?

yanting

Congrats! Happy for u and was waiting for Ur post! :)

So how was the whole process? No induce right? Did you use epi?
I tried no epi but end up having it. So regret as I hardly have any feeling during pushing that time. Partly also because I used up all my energy to hold the motion for every contraction. I felt my bowel not fully cleared and I kept requesting to go toilet but was refused. The initial contraction was bearable, but my hubby see me being so stressful controlling the urge to pass motion so we gave in and requested epi. And the nurse let me use bed pan finally. I was on epi for about an hour and already fully dilated to start pushing. My baby was stressed as she stuck in birth canal for a while. I couldnt push her out (used forcep as her heartbeat start dropping). I should have just endure the pain and urge to pass motion for a little while then everything will be fine. Luckily my girl is in good health now.

yanting

Congrats ! what is the weight of ur bb ?
Thanks! She is quite tiny, 2.6kg only at 39w. I ask for total breast feeding and she latched on for some colostrum just now. Quite amazing, I tried massaging my breast yesterday and nothing came out. And colostrum comes after I delivered.

yanting

Hi mummies, FTM here. Edd 28 Sept. I think my mucous plug just came out. A lump of thick and light green mucous. Anyone has that?
Mine was sticky red color. Did you call your gynae? My gynae asked me to get admitted when there is bloody show.

Sunbeams

Not bad yanting! U managed to start bf!
good for u!
is it painful? Heard initially quite painful to bf!
glad ur bb girl is doing ok!
:)
There's a need to be on drip if take epi right? Is the drip painful? Sorry.. Never done any op before ..

StellaC

I tried no epi but end up having it. So regret as I hardly have any feeling during pushing that time. Partly also because I used up all my energy to hold the motion for every contraction. I felt my bowel not fully cleared and I kept requesting to go toilet but was refused. The initial contraction was bearable, but my hubby see me being so stressful controlling the urge to pass motion so we gave in and requested epi. And the nurse let me use bed pan finally. I was on epi for about an hour and already fully dilated to start pushing. My baby was stressed as she stuck in birth canal for a while. I couldnt push her out (used forcep as her heartbeat start dropping). I should have just endure the pain and urge to pass motion for a little while then everything will be fine. Luckily my girl is in good health now.
I thought normally they'll use fleet to make you empty Ur bowels before pushing? Or even if there's bowel movements during pushing is also quite common... But anyway u have gone through the labour! It's time to rejoice and bond with Ur girl ;) so happy for u!!!

StellaC

Thanks! She is quite tiny, 2.6kg only at 39w. I ask for total breast feeding and she latched on for some colostrum just now. Quite amazing, I tried massaging my breast yesterday and nothing came out. And colostrum comes after I delivered.
I also massage my breasts but nothing comes out.. So it'll come out after delivery.. So relieved now :) don't worry about her weight, she'll catch up very quickly!! :D

A mummy

Yanting and Yiks congrats=))

Epidural is fine as long you are healthy after that.
Welcome to motherhood.

It's fun actually. =))

A mummy

good for u!
There's a need to be on drip if take epi right? Is the drip painful? Sorry.. Never done any op before ..

After birth,I was worried with no milk. Colostrum was coming out- tiny tiny droplets,i feel stupid when I was told to bf her right away.Nurses said it's like that equivalent to baby's tummy, just 3cm by 3cm like that when i checked the MOH booklet. 3 days tummy will be the size of a golf ball.
So no worries.

A mummy

Hi i have that. 1 week later i delivered.
I guess, it was a mucus plug but i was told it's not. It's like an infection similar to boogies. But i dont have any. So i guess it has to be the plug. Maybe the lighting!

yanting

good for u!
yes, a bit pain. She can latch on well.

I am still on drip. It's ok, not painful.