EDD September 2013 Mummies

skt

i have a few friends telling me it's normal for first-time-mum's baby to be a little overdue.
But the waiting time is dreadful.

Tried to walk for like 2 hours and my legs became tired max.

eviee

i have a few friends telling me it's normal for first-time-mum's baby to be a little overdue.
But the waiting time is dreadful.

Tried to walk for like 2 hours and my legs became tired max.

Yups. I guess bcos our EDD is counted based on a 28-day menstrual cycle. Whereby mine in not always punctual so that's y baby gonna be a ill overdue.
Went for my weekly checkup today. Dr suggested to admit myself on Sunday night to induce labour. Hopefully natural labour kicks in before that.

i tried doing squats ytd and now my thighs are aching like mad.

Sunbeams

Understand what u mean. Hope natural labour starts for u too. U will never know! :)
I did squats before I have birth n the first time I did like 40 - 60 squats.. I couldn't really walk properly for 3 days!!!

kittymummy

Hi all! I just delivered my baby boy on 17 dec @ 39 weeks. Was suppose to be induced as he was too small for gestational age but he couldn't take mild contractions..... Faints.. Every time there's a contraction and I was at 2 cm ( we off the pitocin drip), his hr drops and is in distress. Had to
do emergency c-sect. He's like a dream and I fell in love straight away..... It's so worth it....

Sunbeams

Kitty mummy! Congrats! U meant sept not dec? Scare me!
my good friend also like that.. Bb heart beat drop right?
Also emergency c sect. Take care n rest well!!!

A mummy

Hi all! I just delivered my baby boy on 17 dec @ 39 weeks. Was suppose to be induced as he was too small for gestational age but he couldn't take mild contractions..... Faints.. Every time there's a contraction and I was at 2 cm ( we off the pitocin drip), his hr drops and is in distress. Had to
do emergency c-sect. He's like a dream and I fell in love straight away..... It's so worth it....
Hee congrats. Rest rest rest k.Update us!!

A mummy

Hey mummies=)
Dont think about how soon baby will come.Just relax and baby will come out before you know it.As long not exceed 42 weeks=)

drunkenchivas

there might be a chance that we have to induce our first child. edd22 but no news just mild cramps only. gynae suggested to induce on coming monday if there is no news yet.

sigh this is not very good. wifey wants a pure natural birth. she feels bad.....

just hope both bb and mummy is healthy. thats all i ask for.

to all the mummies who delivered and on q still. take good care and stay strong.

skt

eviee: oh mine! I doubt I can squat. I tried before when doing housework, had a hard time getting up. :'(
but you may be right, my colleague also suggest me to do squating now so as to bring on the labour.

kittymummy: congrats to you! Have a good rest ya!

A mummy & drunkenchivas: Trying hard not to think of the bad side but tough! I hope my amniotic fluid is enough to sustain the baby in any case baby is overdued. I feel baby movement below my lower abdomen for the whole of this morning. Usually not so long when she moves. I hope it is not a sign she is struggling to come out but she can't because my cervix not dilated and waterbag not burst.

A mummy

A mummy & drunkenchivas: Trying hard not to think of the bad side but tough! I hope my amniotic fluid is enough to sustain the baby in any case baby is overdued. I feel baby movement below my lower abdomen for the whole of this morning. Usually not so long when she moves. I hope it is not a sign she is struggling to come out but she can't because my cervix not dilated and waterbag not burst.
hey its signs yr child's cmg...!!

A mummy

Any moms deliver at glendegles? Kind to share what is the total cost?
2 bedded plus paedatrician and gynae's fee are $2900+

not yet cut medisave.....

refunded 1000+ already.

yet to wait for medisave refund as medisave we used $2100 for normal delivery wo epidural wo vacuum/forceps...and i dont eat confinement food.i eat what they serve in a package-super delicious food.

pampers and pads i brg myself when finished so i didnt pay anythg extra.

skt

hey its signs yr child's cmg...!!
After the frequent movements in the morning, I felt tightness in my lower abdomen from lunch till now. The tightness seems to be like a cramp, or like the feeling which one has the urge to LS (pass motion). It lasts for 30s to a minute each time it happens..Bearable.

Also saw abit of light brown stain before i shower just now. I am now waiting at home awhile longer before deciding to hospital or not. Feels so excited!

A mummy

After the frequent movements in the morning, I felt tightness in my lower abdomen from lunch till now. The tightness seems to be like a cramp, or like the feeling which one has the urge to LS (pass motion). It lasts for 30s to a minute each time it happens..Bearable.

Also saw abit of light brown stain before i shower just now. I am now waiting at home awhile longer before deciding to hospital or not. Feels so excited!
confirm it's time!!

skt

Thanks for the encouragement here. My lil angel arrived yesterday just in time for F1 race! While I was worried abt her being overdue, I became so thankful she arrived two days before her EDD.

just to share:
Friday morning I felt alot of baby movements in my lower abdomen.

Friday noon I felt mild contraction. Pretty regular at 5-10minutes apart. Each contraction lasts less than 30s. Contraction feltlike cramp and tightness in my lower abdomen. Also felt like the urge to poo. But bearable. This lasted all the way till the evening when I saw light brown discharge. Mum asked to wait awhile more before deciding to go hospital since my contraction was mild.

Midnight, the discharge became pink. Contraction still the same until 5am, alittle more intense.

Sat 7am i got admitted to hospital to check and confirm true labour. I was only 1-2cm dilated.
Gynae induced me before 9am to speed up dilation which indeed came. When I was 5cm dilated, I gave up n took epidural because my waterbag burst, so I was frightened.
Epidural wasn't painful, just some discomfort. After epidural, I felt better during the super intense contraction later on.

Baby arrived few minutes before 5pm.

Last edited: