EDD September 2013 Mummies

raoow

So many above 30 moms here! LOL.

BKK sounds like a great place to buy cheap baby clothes etc. But I probably can't go cos I tend to get food poisoning when I'm there no matter how careful I am!! Was there in Dec and suffered. Had to fly back earlier. Massage is super shiok there though!!

babywipes

Hey mummies to be..any of you have strange food cravings? Recently i just want to have all the Koi milk tea in the world...... :p

skt

babywipes: no strange cravings for me, but fries and cold drinks (I seldom take these before pregnant) help to comfort myself with some appetite. Used to like and have no problem with chilly and spicy food, but now I can't seem to take too much, else my tummy will have a burning sensation after that.

I read from another thread that we are not recommended to take shark fins.. I drank once from a restaurant but OSCAR blood test results say fine. But I had a small portion from those canned (new moon or fortune) brand recently, I hope it's fine.

I miss sashimi... colleague says can eat those freshly cut from atas restaurants where the chef there says can eat, if not what do we think Japanese pregnant ladies can eat? But I still dare not eat... gynae also says no raw food or overdosed with seafood.

babywipes

me too! i seldom have cold drinks before and now my throat just feels so dry and hot that I need to down a cold drink every now and then.

yep. sashimi is fine from those atas and clean restaurants where they guarantee fresh food. but better not to eat in case got food poisoning.

can eat birds nest?

bluewindmill

Hi mummies! Just came back from my checkup and know the gender of my baby! Week 15+ now and doc say its 90% confirmed! Anyone also know the gender yet? :)

Im also having holiday to BKK in May! Can start buying loads of stuff for baby there!

For me I try to avoid tea/coffee/soft drinks as much as possible and only take them occasionally but I still take cold drinks every other day.

chweewy

Hi Everyone..i'm new in this thread, though i've been reading the posts regularly...

i'm 36, FTM...tmr will be my 15 weeks...still vomit every day, any time, food / empty stomach that it becomes a usual sight & norm...

can only take anything plain..anything rich, fried, spicy is a no-no for my little one...will vomit :)

hope to correspond more with you ladies:Dancing_wub:

StellaC

I think most likely I'd be having baby moon in Bangkok! Is it ok to get a massage during pregnancy?

@babywipes I'm craving for soup everyday. Sometimes I try to make soup, or I'd just head to those soup stores outside.. It's so comforting. And I'm also constantly craving Thai food, but I think I can't stomach it cos it's too spicy. I'd get headache if I eat too spicy meals
as for cold drinks, it's definitely easier for me to drink, especially now the weather is so hot. I really can't drink plain water, it tastes horrible now. Nowadays I mix a teaspoon of honey to my water, sometimes add ice. Can drink so much more.
I had been eating birds nest since start of second trimester.

@skt I didn't eat sharks fin since I discovered my pregnancy. Sashimi also. My husband don't allow. And thank god I do not hand craving for any of these. :)

@bluewindmill congrats! So happy that u know the gender already, I have to wait exactly one more week :) care to share the gender with us?

By the way, I always have too much stomach acid in the mornings and I will vomit. So I went to research and I read that apple cider vinegar can reduce acids and reduce nausea. Last night I prepared a bottle of water with one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. I woke up, I drank that, just a few sips at a time and it helped. I didnt vomit, and I managed to eat a bowl of breakfast cereals right after.

skt

mrsvistamio: I think tea is a no as it contains some caffeine? cold drinks are not recommended according to old wife tales, but I don't care, the bland taste is killing me and plain water makes me want to puke. So I try to take fruit juice with ice, ice/hot milo, cold lemon honey, warm/cold soya bean drink.

I even took 2 mini cornetto last weekend. :shyxxx:

raoow

Bluewindmill: Congrats on knowing the gender!

I've been having so much cold things during my first trimester as that's what I can get down. Ice cream, smoothies, fruit juice, coconut, barley, milo, chrysanthemum etc. But I skip tea, coffee, coke etc. anything with caffeine. I heard honey water is easier to drink than water but haven't tried. I've also not touched plain water for almost two months. Makes me sick even if I add lemon slices inside. But when I can, I'll drink soups too. More nutritious.

raoow

About sashimi, I read that as long as the raw fish was frozen before use, it kills the parasites. My friend married a Japanese and is based in Tokyo. For both her pregnancies, she had sashimi also. Of course, go to a better Japanese place. Don't eat those on the sushi belt as it can be out for some time.

sylviasy

Hi all, just wanna check with you all..have you found any confinement lady? Actually when would be the best to find one? I called 2 today but both rejected..am looking for daytime only..seems not easy to get a good one..do you have any good one to recommend? Thanks!

raoow

Hi all, just wanna check with you all..have you found any confinement lady? Actually when would be the best to find one? I called 2 today but both rejected..am looking for daytime only..seems not easy to get a good one..do you have any good one to recommend? Thanks!
I've got a recommendation but she's really expensive. $3000 - $4000 for one month whole day. So I'm gonna wait till I'm 15 weeks before asking around. That's when I'll announce my pregnancy.

Last edited:

A mummy

today is the first day of 15 weeks. still having ms. awoke at 4am due to hunger and felt so nauseous so i had to eat and then force myself to sleep. 8.30am woke up, had some food and then vomit. sigh. now in office having terrible headache!

Pity you.Be strong. I wonder when actually is 2nd trimester. I don't feel the honeymoon period yet=(