EDD September 2013 Mummies

Yiks

Can someone tell me the real benefits or disadvantages of having birds nest drink so early in first trimester? My mil is driving me crazy with all the bottles she bought and I know its not cheap!!! How to tell her to stop spending so much. Really stuck. I read that they're just v high in protein but can also cause bb to develop a lot of phlegm.

Someone help meeeeee

Lovely26

Yiks:754203 said:
Can someone tell me the real benefits or disadvantages of having birds nest drink so early in first trimester? My mil is driving me crazy with all the bottles she bought and I know its not cheap!!! How to tell her to stop spending so much. Really stuck. I read that they're just v high in protein but can also cause bb to develop a lot of phlegm.

Someone help meeeeee
It's still early to 进补during first Tri. U can eat birdnest.during the 3rd Tri. I didn't take alot for my first preg until last tri i took 3 bottles from 老行家. Yap, heard will develope phlegm but i guess if u r not over eat it's alrite. Orange is #1 that will develop phlegm so please avoid it. I.had orange like once a week n i have kiwi during 2nd Tri.onwards. Now my son loves kiwi too.....hahaha.

As for now, we can essence of chicken. Both Brands n Yu Yen Sheng are good. We need that for energy booster now.

Ger, u r v lucky that ur mil cares bout ur diet. How i wish i cld have a caring mil like u. My mil is too mordern, her shopping activities is no.1.

Yiks

thanks for the feedback. i understand that she cares. but sometimes a lil too overwhelming for me. still learning the ropes along the way. ;) Thanks!

Hi all, is it normal to not feel pregnant at all at week 5 or 6? Or do you wake up and knowing you are still pregnant? I dun have much symptoms and dun feel much difference going on. Thanks!

tigermama

I started feeling abit unwell once I hit 5 weeks. Like I am about to fall sick anytime, the nausea started and I'm always so hungry but then I can't really eat. Also get some dizzy spells. But my Gynae says usually the morning sickness starts week 8. So I'm abit early I guess and you are probably normal!

Visited gynae for 2nd scan.... Edd now changed to 3th sep... So far so good nt much symptoms except feeling really tired most of the time... Now even shopping tires me when it used to b my top fav activity!

Lovely26

Yiks:754663 said:
thanks for the feedback. i understand that she cares. but sometimes a lil too overwhelming for me. still learning the ropes along the way. ;) Thanks!
Think on the brighter side that she treats like her own daughter n is her first grandchild. What's more important now is to build the bond stronger if not after baby is born, more overwhelming things to come. U can alternatively share ur mommy friends with ur mil so that she understand what to do n what not to do.

When i carry my first child, my mil never show any happiness but keep comparing her preg n my preg. Everything frm her words are so unfair but luckily i have a nice aunty in law who told her preg is v individual. Not everyone like her v lucky, no morning sickness blah blah blah. Now that i carry 2nd baby, she then started to appreciate me.

Ya I alwaz feel nauseous n giddy when I'm hungry!! N it's like I hav to eat immediately, if nt I will faint tat kind of a feeling!

munmun

Bad news. A scan today shown no heartbeat. But baby measured is exactly based on week 9, i'm week 9 today. Hubby is outstation. Both my parents said wait after CNY, then conduct another scan. MIL heard that some preg women, the baby heartbeat is not beating, but few days later, heartbeat returned and give birth. My own mom also said that. So probably i will go for another scan , different clinic after CNY. I got no bleeding, no pain, nothing. Nausea and vomit still there. Doc said, this is miscarriage. 66% is due to fetus abnormal. But for me, i strongly think my bb is still there. I still hv the preg symptoms. What do you think? Any comment?

Munmun

don't give up hope. Seek second opinion with another gynae... i have one colleagues also same as u last time... kkh told her bb no heartbeat.. she went to another gynae, gynae ask her to wait and two weeks later, there is heartbeat...

munmun

Munmun

dont't give up hope. Seek second opinion with another gynae... i have one colleagues also same as you last time... Kandang Kerbau Hospital told her baby no heartbeat.. she went to another gynae, gynae ask her to wait and two weeks later, there is heartbeat...
Thank you. Yesterday indeed was a roller coaster to me. Cried till both nose stuck. I did went to another scan yesterday right after the 1st scan. Yet no heartbeat. Devastated. Hubby is not around, and i didn't bring extra cash for the 2nd scan. I've paid cash to the 1st scan. Yet the clinic for 2nd scan did not accept credit cards. Rushed home to take some money for the 2nd scan.
So sad. I have purchased some maternity pants before the doc appointment. Now he told me no heartbeat, so need to do d&c either today or tomorrow. A terrible feeling. I'm lost at that time. Everything suppose to be ok, but it turned to be a bad news for me and it is coming to CNY. Depressed.

Lovely26

Mun mun, when i had my first scan, my baby was alr 8 weeks old for my first preg. N she did not check for heartbeat until 2 weeks later i went for the 2nd scan. Or u wanna go to my gynae? She is v good n v experience gynae.

munmun

Mun mun, when i had my first scan, my baby was alr 8 weeks old for my first preg. N she did not check for heartbeat until 2 weeks later i went for the 2nd scan. Or u wanna go to my gynae? She is v good n v experience gynae.
From your meaning, your baby is 8 week at that time of no heartbeat detected? After 2 weeks , which means 10 week, there is a heartbeat?