EDD September 2013 Mummies

A mummy

Yanting - you mean your sugar level at high end? Do you know the level/ number or something? High in proteins ... Hmm me have been eating more n more veg! Lean meat also good source of protein. Maybe kcws can add on.
If you have high sugar level but baby weight on the low side? That's odd.. Thought usually it goes together..
anyway, glad you r spared the agony of monitoring ... Can be difficult n abit stressful.
Happens to me ok. I gained over 18kg now, baby not fat at all. Just average. But no gestational diabetes. Gynae find my health weird. Urine is fine. Just figure out baby didnt absorb any carbs i fed on. Oh but urine has a lil protein on recent checkup.
:embarrassed:

A mummy

Oh I just realised I did pack the nipple cream in! Also Packed iPhone/iPad charger, toothbrush/paste, marriage cert and admission documents. I read that need to pack receipts too if claiming from medisave.
That's right but must we pay deposits for private hospitals.? My friend delivered at KK don't need any deposit upon discharge. All cut by medisave.
I prefer immediate deduction from medisave so just deposit lesser like 1k. But seems i must brg the full cash for Glens.

ZPF

Happens to me ok. I gained over 18kg now, baby not fat at all. Just average. But no gestational diabetes. Gynae find my health weird. Urine is fine. Just figure out baby didnt absorb any carbs i fed on. Oh but urine has a lil protein on recent checkup.
:embarrassed:
Hi A Mummy, I gain 1 kg per week. My baby gain 200g and I gain 800g. Doctor advised me to cut down on carbs. and exercise for 15-30 mins. Ideally, I should gain only 500g per week. I am 36 weeks, baby 2.8kg

A mummy

Hi A Mummy, I gain 1 kg per week. My baby gain 200g and I gain 800g. Doctor advised me to cut down on carbs. and exercise for 15-30 mins. Ideally, I should gain only 500g per week. I am 36 weeks, baby 2.8kg
You are lucky baby is feeding well. Based on 35 weeks plus, mine 2.1kg.This week at 37 weeks just hoping baby is 2.6kg. I tried eating everythg except milk n protein(eggs), maybe she's not feeding well??

kcws

Visit gynea, baby 35+3 measure small 2.11kg. Doc advise to eat more but maintain the blood sugar level.... Sigh, feel difficult with GDM...

skt

I did 2 papsmears so far to check for my discharge incase gt strep and stuff but all negative. Similarly vagina test every visit since trimester 1. It's good for protection against any other infections as he'll insert tablet to cleanse my very too.and for trimester 3 is much more 'compulsory' if you asked me. For baby sake.
Thanks for sharing! :)

skt

kcws: Not sure how true, I read that durians may help to increase baby's weight but gota watch out for sugar level.

I tried to take some durians for 2-3 weekends, but so far, it didn't increase my baby's weight. she still increase her weight at the rate of 100grams/week.

A mummy

kcws: Not sure how true, I read that durians may help to increase baby's weight but gota watch out for sugar level.

I tried to take some durians for 2-3 weekends, but so far, it didn't increase my baby's weight. she still increase her weight at the rate of 100grams/week.
I ate 8 small pieces(small ones) plus 5 large ones(2 packets) and baby not spurting . Still gradual. I was craving for it before my 35 weeks check up. Still 2.1kg then.I stopped eating as it's dangerous can bring about white eyes at the baby's retina there. A wise lady mentioned to me.

yanting

You are lucky baby is feeding well. Based on 35 weeks plus, mine 2.1kg.This week at 37 weeks just hoping baby is 2.6kg. I tried eating everythg except milk n protein(eggs), maybe she's not feeding well??
I am 36 this week, hope my baby will be at least 2.5kg also. So far she absorb very little even though I keep eating.

StellaC

am now in 34 weeks and baby is about 2kg inside me.
By the way, has any mummy done a vagina swap test around this time? My gynae did the test for me to check if there is any infection. But I wasn't informed prior to that. Am thinking if this is a compulsory test like the detailed scan, or is the gyane trying to "cut my carrot". Just found out my gynae has left the medical group and they have arranged another gynae for my checkup and delivery.
Hi the vaginal check is compulsory to check for infections, won't want to infect baby when he/she passes through the vagina during delivery :) I did it last week at 35 weeks pregnant. So no worries! :)

ZPF

A Mummy, you should drink 2 glasses of milk and eat 1 hard boiled egg ( no raw or half boiled) everyday. Milk helps to build up calcium for you and baby. I understand that pregnancy milk is quite difficult to drink. You can choose to drink Meji fresh milk. My gynae will ask me whether I eat veggie, fish, egg and milk every time I visit her. If not, she is not be happy about it. She also advised not to eat tuna, shark, stingray and mackerel. The best part is she will test on my memory when I remember all the things she said. :( Try drinking milk from today onwards.

yanting

Hi the vaginal check is compulsory to check for infections, won't want to infect baby when he/she passes through the vagina during delivery :) I did it last week at 35 weeks pregnant. So no worries! :)
Is it one time test or has to do it every visit till deliver? I haven't done mine.

A mummy

Is it one time test or has to do it every visit till deliver? I haven't done mine.
Hi yanting depends on your gynae.Mine do it every visit from the moment i'm with him. That time I have lotsa discharge which i feel it's normal (the lotion thingee). No itch nothing but still must do. Although papsmear only done twice. One at 1st visit,and next at 3rd trimester.All clear.
Now weekly til due date, he still carry on the procedure of cleansing down there and check it out and actually my vagina is getting better. Less discharge. But getting more soar and painful due to friction altho there's lube but no further pain when he tap on my tummy and inside. Sounds gore but it's nothing really.

I think you should just heed your gynae's instructions'. You have to do it. I know 3rd trimester lotsa test especially near to due date. You may have strep/herpes/any infections before but he has to check one week before EDD to see if your infection is triggered during that week so he can jab you with antibodies/antibiotics etc.

For the baby not really for you. Because the above infections cause no harm to you.

A mummy

A Mummy, you should drink 2 glasses of milk and eat 1 hard boiled egg ( no raw or half boiled) everyday. Milk helps to build up calcium for you and baby. I understand that pregnancy milk is quite difficult to drink. You can choose to drink Meji fresh milk. My gynae will ask me whether I eat veggie, fish, egg and milk every time I visit her. If not, she is not be happy about it. She also advised not to eat tuna, shark, stingray and mackerel. The best part is she will test on my memory when I remember all the things she said. :( Try drinking milk from today onwards.

I passed milk because I have bad constipation.
Already 3 weeks no milk in my body. No calcium just carbs. So, i'm heeding your advise and going for the last lapse and just tolerate it.Your gynae test you? That's awesome.

A mummy

Me too, I have a feeling baby will come earlier than EDD. End of this week will be full term!
This week you are 37 weeks right? It's considered full term like myself. Scary..but exciting.
I actually can't wait. It's painful at my cervix.Baby very low now.
If descend now, I'll probably just go into labour anytime.
I could feel it.
My bowel movements are rapid now.I complained about constipation to ZPF but since yesterday it's very smooth.Too smooth for someone that doesnt drink lotsa water.