EDD September 2013 Mummies

yanting

I think we all getting anxious now. I suddenly noticed having watery discharge in the afternoon, thought perhaps can go hospital today. Was getting ready, called my hubby to standby, but after half an hour my pad still dry and no contraction at all, waited another hour and no show.. Haha..

yanting

37.5wk now. got mild contraction last week tat why under all this pills. this preg really diff from my 1st preg. 1st preg i got mild backaches n alot of BH. this time is like so easy for 1st n 2nd trim, but 3rd trim is hell, mild contraction, super bad backaches, cramps etc...my #1 have to ask my mum to take care now. miss him so much & feel guilty abt it.
Since already full term, perhaps can check with your doctor if can stop the hormone pills. This is my first pregnancy and already so many complications, don't dare to think of second one. Even my doctor said settle this one first. :)

yanting

Sunbeams,I heard that induction is much more painful and will eventually end up needing epi. I wanna try no epi if possible. Also read that inducing is like forcing the baby to come out when she's happily inside. Ya my edd is 7th and last check baby was 3-3.2kg. I'm praying everyday that my water will break and contractions come and lead to natural birth.. Im sure that's what most ppl want... But well, if eventually baby is much later than edd I'd induce I guess... So stressed!!
Don't stress. Just keep telling baby to be good gal.. :)

ya, I also heard inducing is not so relaxed. I also want to try no epi. Hopefully I can make it! :)

kcws

I think we all getting anxious now. I suddenly noticed having watery discharge in the afternoon, thought perhaps can go hospital today. Was getting ready, called my hubby to standby, but after half an hour my pad still dry and no contraction at all, waited another hour and no show.. Haha..
Yanting, why not call doc to have a check? My doc tell me to go labour room once water breaks even no contraction as baby no protection against infection.

yanting

Yanting, why not call doc to have a check? My doc tell me to go labour room once water breaks even no contraction as baby no protection against infection.
Was a false alarm, not water break actually. Just slightly more discharge than normal.

raoow

StellaC: Gosh. I can imagine how stressful it was. Hopefully you get some rest tonight.

Hearing all the mummies approaching their EDD is so exciting! Mine is only on the 22nd and I'm still not feeling anything. Just had loads of pressure down below today but when I sit, it's ok. Seeing my gynae tomorrow and doing another detailed scan. Plus have to decide and tell her if I want to book an elective c-sect or not.

Wanted to ask, has everyone started losing their mucus plug? Cos I really cannot differentiate from discharge. Or not everyone loses it?

Sunbeams

Raoow - my edd is 17/9 ... Around same time :)
where will u be delivering?
good to know that there r some mummies around who will be about same week as me!
I don't think everyone will lose it and thought once mucus plug gone then water bag will leak...
My bb is moving so much in this hour!! Ha..

raoow

Sunbeams: Yay! Someone about same time as me. I'll be at KKH. You are at Gleneagles right? I'm watching TV and baby is moving non-stop too!! Lol.

Last edited:

A mummy

StellaC: Gosh. I can imagine how stressful it was. Hopefully you get some rest tonight. Hearing all the mummies approaching their EDD is so exciting! Mine is only on the 22nd and I'm still not feeling anything. Just had loads of pressure down below today but when I sit, it's ok. Seeing my gynae tomorrow and doing another detailed scan. Plus have to decide and tell her if I want to book an elective c-sect or not. Wanted to ask, has everyone started losing their mucus plug? Cos I really cannot differentiate from discharge. Or not everyone loses it?
I remembered mine was a thick but small discharge like phlegm,only come out once.1cm kind... It really looks like our usual discharge. To all mummies here who are waiting anxiously,I dont have any blood,mucous,nor water bag burst. No sign. Just contraction of 1min to 30 seconds apart and the pain is really mild. But from 2cm i suppose it was hell up to 4cm...my early labour was painful,then supposingly gt intense,but i gt used to it i feel so good for every max contraction(max 126-128)...because the monitor shows number increasing,so i know another one coming so i was in controlled and mentally prepared. Partly, mine was 126 all the way hence the fast labour.TIPS: Deep breathingLook at the monitor(altho nurse scold,heck care)Hold yr hubby arms for every MAX contractionRemember, max 120plus,thats the intense one. Usual menses 40-50...66 quite pain.But once 100 ,66 felt nthg.Ypu'll be surprised that some of you here won't nd an epidural.

raoow

I remembered mine was a thick but small discharge like phlegm,only come out once.1cm kind... It really looks like our usual discharge. To all mummies here who are waiting anxiously,I dont have any blood,mucous,nor water bag burst. No sign. Just contraction of 1min to 30 seconds apart and the pain is really mild. But from 2cm i suppose it was hell up to 4cm...my early labour was painful,then supposingly gt intense,but i gt used to it i feel so good for every max contraction(max 126-128)...because the monitor shows number increasing,so i know another one coming so i was in controlled and mentally prepared. Partly, mine was 126 all the way hence the fast labour.TIPS: Deep breathingLook at the monitor(altho nurse scold,heck care)Hold yr hubby arms for every MAX contractionRemember, max 120plus,thats the intense one. Usual menses 40-50...66 quite pain.But once 100 ,66 felt nthg.Ypu'll be surprised that some of you here won't nd an epidural.

Thanks for sharing!! We are all pretty clueless and glad you told us your experience! How are you coping with confinement now?

A mummy

and all the stories about menses pain x1000 or x100,it's ridiculous... X4 i would say depending on your menses cramp.My menses cramp was 40-50,so i was used to painful periods every mth...Oh and ya, keep talking to the nurse during the contraction...ask questions whats the max contraction, is it normal fr this and that, just try to ask questions about the labour,but don't talk to hubby, you'll Feel pain because you'll tend to be a crybaby and end up epidural.

raoow

and all the stories about menses pain x1000 or x100,it's ridiculous... X4 i would say depending on your menses cramp.My menses cramp was 40-50,so i was used to painful periods every mth...Oh and ya, keep talking to the nurse during the contraction...ask questions whats the max contraction, is it normal fr this and that, just try to ask questions about the labour,but don't talk to hubby, you'll Feel pain because you'll tend to be a crybaby and end up epidural.

Oooh! I'm a little scared cos I rarely get cramps during my period. I only get the bruised feeling and lower backache. Eeks! So I don't really know what to expect.

Sunbeams

Thanks a mummy for sharing! It's good to hear honest opinions ;)
how to rem the deep breathings? Well nurses teach us n guide us on the spot?
raoow - yup! Am at gleaneagles :) although I booked single room but they say subject to availability
and also! I don't have really bad cramps during menses too.. Hope can cope with pregnancy but I m a chicken! Ha..
prepared to go through epi... Opps!

ZPF

Wow, A mummy! Thank you for coming back here and sharing with us your experience!! I will take note of your words! I am so motivated by what you have shared with us.