EDD September 2013 Mummies

Yiks

My next appt is this Thursday and I had made an appt to do the Oscar test. Now im having 2nd thoughts of getting it done. Any advice from you ladies?

StellaC

Hi how's everyone? :)
today is week 12 for me! Ms fading away mostly, I cut down on the anti-nausea meds a lot so no constipation problem, but new problems...
cannot sleep at night! Anyone also facing this? I'd be so tired, yawning, eyes closing but just cannot go to sleep. Plus the body become very warm when I want to sleep, without aircon it feels terrible. And I'm getting stiff back too..

skt

Hi ladies, my first visit to this forum. Am currently about 9 weeks and have been feeling nauseous, bloated and tired most of the times. Can't seem to eat much because I am afraid of vomits.I am also facing constipation. :( It's my first pregnancy and I feel so upset about the changes in my health. Sometimes I just feel like crying and hates to be alone. Whenever I am on mc and hubby is out to work, I tend to return to my mum's place. Anyone feels the same as me?

StellaC: me too, can't sleep well at night. I keep getting up many times in the middle of the night. Feels warm with the blanket on. But feels cold again without blanket. :(

Last edited:

skt

Hi, anyone knows if we can continue with IPL ( underarms) during pregnancy?
no we can't! I have the same question as you but my friend tells me no, because during IPL, the light will be shone into the skin, affecting the hormones, not healthy for pregnancy. I had called to cancel my IPL appointment.

Meanwhile, because I have been feeling so tired, I haven't been plucking my armpit hair regularly. I can't believe my laziness has reached up to this level because of pregnancy. Hubby tried to pluck for me while I would just lie on the bed. But most of the times, I just couldn't wait to get to sleep.

StellaC

Hi ladies, my first visit to this forum. Am currently about 9 weeks and have been feeling nauseous, bloated and tired most of the times. Can't seem to eat much because I am afraid of vomits.I am also facing constipation. :( It's my first pregnancy and I feel so upset about the changes in my health. Sometimes I just feel like crying and hates to be alone. Whenever I am on mc and hubby is out to work, I tend to return to my mum's place. Anyone feels the same as me?

StellaC: me too, can't sleep well at night. I keep getting up many times in the middle of the night. Feels warm with the blanket on. But feels cold again without blanket. :(
The first three weeks I had severe ms and stayed with my mum, cos my hubby went for reservist. I cried a lot too during that time. Try to rest more and think positive. The ms will eventually become easier to handle and will go away. I prayed alot during that time and i tell god that if its for the baby then i will willingly endure it, though it was so hard. I finally feel better nowadays and very thankful for it.

tigermama

StellaC and skt: same here! I wake multiple times at night, either to pee or because feel hot or cold. With aircon and thick blanket sometimes get hot, without blanket feels cold. So I cover partially.
After waking i'd have difficulty going bk to sleep n stay awake or half awake for hours. Very frustrating!! Especially when I get so tired in the day at work.
In addition to insomnia, I also have constipation. I try to force myself to go toilet everyday by just sitting and waiting at the end of the day. Sometimes sit at the bowl for close to an hour, my back is breaking and still nothing! Angry!
And I get hungry and full so fast, I stay bloated for hours after meals and then within a few mins I suddenly become so hungry tummy hurts - it frustrates and drive me nuts.
I'm also very needy now, want my husband to be around or hold my hand when I walk. I also seem to have difficulty walking properly or having a good posture past few weeks, although I'm only 9 wks now. Maybe it's the bloated feeling at the tummy it just feels very heavy clumsy and big, so I wonder how I'll manage when the tummy really grows. ..??
Gonna see my Gynae tomorrow and ask for some advice and constipation medicine...

Lovely26

For me, m down with flu v bad flu since cny eve. It comes n goes......really irritating. Worst is working with an imbalanced boss makes me more nauseas. Heh. Cant wait till Apr coz i quit as i dun wanna get v affected by her in order to protect my health n my pregnancy.
Mommies, if u have constipation have u tried eating papaya or guava? They will help ur bowel......i rmbr i 4 days nvr poo n it juz come naturally. Drink lotsa water in the day n lesser towards end of the day to avoid goin toilet more often at nite. Our uterus is expanding which is y we visit toilet v often. I felt bloated too so i slowly rub my tummy n do ligh yoga. All these do helps in our pregnancy.

Since talking about drinking water, i drink water from Novita filter coz it's good for baby. I have been drinking that for my first baby. You guys may google for Novita information.

skt

StellaC: Good to hear that your ms has turned better. I heard some mummies tend to have ms throughout the pregnancy. Hopefully mine will go away soon.

tigermama: I feel you! The bloated tummy makes me feel heavy while walking too. And because the tummy is not as big like those in 2nd/3rd trimester, sometimes no one will give up seat to me, travelling on public transport is a pain these days. I am trying to take smaller meals instead of 3 normal meals since my digestive system has slowed down. Did some research at babycenter.sg and read that because the body is storing nutrients to feed the foetus, that's why we tend to feel bloated. But I wonder if this is going to last throughout the pregnancy. :(

Lovely26: I dare not eat papaya. Was told papaya and pineapple contain a same compound which may cause miscarriage. It maybe a myth but I choose to believe because I am taking precaution to avoid miscarriage. I try to stick to drinking plain water, but these few days my tongue is so tasteless that i am taking H2O or fresh fruit juices.

mrsvistamio: My last mani/pedi was before the CNY even though I was aware of my pregnancy. As for hairdye, I did it in Jan without realising I was already pregnant at that point of time.

Skt , I know we cannot eat pineapple but why papaya also ? I have been taking apples, guava, cherries n strawberry. Cherry n guava is for good for constipation

StellaC

i just did my oscar test and blood test today! baby was very cooperative during the scan and we managed to take all measurements in a short time =) will know the results by thursday or friday.

my MIL told me not to eat too much papayas cos she say scared baby will be yellow. but i didn't know papayas may cause miscarriage? i had like 2 whole papayas during my first trimester, just to help my constipation. when i went to A&E for my constipation problem, the attending doctor suggested that i blend banana with milk, he said that will guarantee bowel movements, provided i drink alot of water too. maybe mummies with constipation can try that.

anyone knows if we can do brazilian waxing during pregnancy? i heard 4 months onwards can do, don't know if that is true.

StellaC

btw any recoomendations for pre-natal yoga? i'm keen to start since next week i'd be in my second trimester. any mummies wanna go together too? =)

skt

StellaC: Good that your oscar test went smooth. I am only doing mine in March. May I know is it just a scan and blood test? Not painful right? Is the blood test just like taking our blood sample using that staple-like thing?
I am afraid it will involve injection into my tummy to get a sample of the fluid (not sure what's that called, HCG level?) which mum told me it would be painful. Most high-risk mums will need this injection I think?

About brazilian waxing, I think the wax therapist may not do it as you get nearer to delivery date. I was told that's because as our tummy gets bigger, our pain tolerance maybe become lower, and may not be able to take the waxing pain. :(

I actually hope to wax before delivery date, it's better than to let the nurse to shave because some nurses are rough.

I actually did Brazilian for my 1st pregnancy when I was 7 n 8 mths pregnant.. It didnt hurt as much as when i wasn't pregnant, weird huh.. Anyways, am pregnant with #3 now, EDD 13 Sept (according to the online calculator).. My 1st gynae apptmt wont be until 5 Mar though hehe..

As for pineapple, eating it a lot actually induces labour.. That's why itz not recommended to eat it during early stages of pregnancy.. Not sure abt papaya though, coz i did eat papaya when i was pregnant last time.. I suppose the key is to not eat excessively.. :)