EDD September 2013 Mummies

Augdec

hi all

can i just ask for your opinions......im at 4-5 weeks now and just wanted to know if very light spotting now is something to be worried about? no major cramps or pain....

babywipes

Wahh..never log in for a few days and soo many pages liao! hehehe! @StellaC: Anyway, I also support Uniqlo's no-wire bras! They are so comfy and leave no marks, I feel so liberated! hur hur hur! ^_^

A Mummy: was smiling reading your post! I can't wait to see my baby moving too but I guess I still have to wait for awhile! I do have the exact same paranoia as you every single day..a trip to the toilet is worse than going to the exam hall! I wish I wasn't so gan cheong all the time!

And, urm, I dun wish to my baby bump to show yet leh..a bit paisay, I duno why..hahaha! I have been losing weight too and I'm kinda happy about it, still continuing with my exercise routine coz I dun want to put on unnecessary weight plus stretch marks!(ok, I'm super vain!) I've been using Palmer's since I found out I was pregnant! ^_^

P.S. Not planning to get a confinement lady too..must save money! furthermore I will be staying with my mum and she's an awesome (healthy) cook..so yea! Thumbs up for our mummies! =)
Hi Naangfaa, what exercise are you doing? I was thinking if I can continue with running/jogging? I used to run before, but ever since the 6th week I stopped as my mom and hubby says cannot. Now i only briskwalk and swim, but feel like doing something more vigourous...briskwalk i hardly perspire...I also don't want to put on too much weight, especially the thighs and butt part!

raoow

hi all

can i just ask for your opinions......im at 4-5 weeks now and just wanted to know if very light spotting now is something to be worried about? no major cramps or pain....
It should be fine. But monitor and if cramping and heavier bleeding starts, go to the doctor immediately.

skt

StellaC: oh! Sounds like subtle advertising at the event! Will give audience the doubts on whether the speakers are speaking the truth or not...

raoow: great! i love cheese hot dogs!

Does any mum vomit like almost everyday towards end of 1st trimester? I used to vomit 1-2 times/week before week 8. But now that I am in my week 10, I have been vomitting everyday. Sometimes with food, sometimes just the white bubbles liquid or stomach acid. I hope this is not a sign that my ms is getting serious as my pregnancy weeks increase.

tigermama

Im nearing the end of my first trimester, lost count I dunno if I am 11 or 12 wks. But I have started feeling much worse than before recent few days. I suppose it is expected, my gynae says our hcg level peak at week 10-12 which is when ms will be at its worst. I feel so horrible though I didnt really vomit so far but just feel really nauseas and terrible. I want this to be over soon! !

StellaC

Dear mummies, the peak is different for every mummy. Mostly around 10 weeks but I had a friend who peaked in her second trimester.

Stay positive and don't worry too much. Rest as much as u can, eat small portions many meals, and eat whatever u can keep down. Later on when you're better then start to eat more and nutritiously.

Naangfaa

Babywipes: I run and play hockey for a club but stopped after I found out I was pregnant! Imagine my misery now..feeling like a lump of lard!hhahahaha!

I tried jogging at abt 7-8weeks,felt ok but gynae said a strict no! So now am juz briskwalking about 5km daily..waiting till things are more stable then most prob I will start running again..^_^

Sunbeams

I also not clear about mayo :( I ate fish fillet with mayo/tar tar but had it warmed up coz it was in the fridge. Ha.. I like mayo n tar tar. I think from Mac is ok but not those fancy restaurant as they use raw egg white..

StellaC

Today my colleague just told me to avoid mayonnaise cos they're made from raw eggs. I don't know how true but I don't eat mayo for a long time already.

@naangfaa 5km?? That's very tiring isn't it? I walk for 400M already tired. I don't think I can walk so far since I was never a runner prior to pregnancy.. I did a lot of swimming, dancing and pole dance. Now I don't know what I can except swimming...

raoow

My ms has gotten worse!!! Sigh. I'm 11 weeks 3 days. I cannot keep anything down now. So miserable. Was feeling happier last week cos it seemed to have died down. I'm so tired of feeling sick. And sad to say, I'm cannot see how all this is worth it in the end. Want my baby but hate pregnancy!!!

Anyway, on to other things, mayonnaise from Macs etc is ok. Cos they use the bottled ones. It's those from restaurants that make their own fresh mayonnaise from egg whites that isn't recommended. I always prefer EXTRA tartare sauce for my burger. The sourness makes it more appetizing.

I wish I can think about exercising now. But all I want is to survive each day without feeling sick and throwing up after each meal. Sigh.

Sunbeams

Raoow - totally understand what u mean... Sigh. I had like 6 times per week like on week 6,8 and 9, 10... Then I thought it got better but it didn't ;( quite sian.. At week 12 going week 13 n flying off to BKK this sat.. Still thinking if shld postpone.. But leave taken n all..
2 question - 1) can do massage? Like foot massage in Thailand? Any harm?
2) anyone taken maxalon (pill for morning sickness) and gyne says ok? Or take during 1st pregnancy n baby ok? Thanks!

skt

Thank you for the replies, so now I know I am the only one whose ms got worsened recently. Indeed it's an awful feeling, even on public transport, I also feel nauseous. Took sour plums and sweets, but vomitted out yesterday.

StellaC: I think as long as you feel you have sweated and tired outduring brisk walking, even if it's just 1-2km, it should be good enough. It is better not to exert yourself. But definitely not big movements during first trimester, imagine we jog and the baby inside keeps boing boing and gets dizzy? :001_302:

mrsvistamio: I read somewhere mayo is not recommended too. maybe substitute it with ketchup or the nuggets BBQ sauce? I realised I cannot take in too much chilli these days, my tummy will have this slight burning sensation after a few hours, despite I used to be a heavy chilli eater.

Sunbeams: I am also thinking about having foot massage, but i recalled from those taiwanese variety show, the points where the massuer pressed were related to our organs and different areas on the body, so I personally dare not go for it. Even when I went for my facial, when the beautician found out I was pregnant, she no longer massage my back to avoid hurting the baby. GP (not my gynae) once prescribed me some pills to stop the nauseous when I asked for mc few weeks ago. He said it's okay to take the pills but asked me not to take it too often or rely too much on the pills, afterall it's part and parcel of the pregnancy and the nauseous feeling will still come back again. I guess you should got for the trip since everything has been booked. Try not to walk too much, don't stay too long at crowded places, avoid the sun. But must take extra note on what you eat at BKK.

Something to share again, not sure if it's a myth or fact, my mum told me to avoid those dried shrimps, (pronounced as 'hei-bi' in hokkien) as they may cause sensitive skin to baby.

Most peoplewill avoid crabs, but I had some during CNY period. Mum says steam ones should be okay but not too often. I also had durian last weekend though vomitted out some of it.

@skt,I was told not to eat crab too, cos it could be 'poison' to bb..Chinese also below dont eat 'many legs, hands animal' Hahaa else bb 多手多脚..

A mummy

hi all

Hi, call your gynae up. I did have light spotting at 4 weeks and no cramps too and yet it was a serious issue as mentioned by the gynae. Please do yourself a favour now and call your gynae up. I doubt it's implantation bleeding. Take good care.

A mummy

raoow: great! i love cheese hot dogs!

Does any mum vomit like almost everyday towards end of 1st trimester? I used to vomit 1-2 times/week before week 8. But now that I am in my week 10, I have been vomitting everyday. Sometimes with food, sometimes just the white bubbles liquid or stomach acid. I hope this is not a sign that my ms is getting serious as my pregnancy weeks increase.
Yes but on alternate days. Towards the end was horrid but you'll manage=) You'll peak at week 10 as HCG level is at it's highest. I really recommend that you eat white rice as it's solid or bread with jam maybe raspberry/strawberry kind. You have to eat something so that your vomit will not be white bubbly nor acid. I doubt you can even stop the vomit thus best you eat something to lesson the urge to vomit. You need the energy after vomiting too. So, eat something solid. Eat porridge. It works for me at least help by a bit. But it was horrid=(...

A mummy

I'm in week 14 plus and yet my nausea is still there. The vomit is just at my throat anytime can come up. But have to keep it down. When will this end. Sighs...

I can't eat white rice.. I will vomit almost immediate after eating So I can only take noodles or burger with fries..I m into wk12. . Nauseous seen better ..

A mummy

Then noodles are great too. I can eat anything but not beef/mutton however just an update, i just vomited again. 14 weeks still not any better.