EDD September 2013 Mummies

Min Xing

Edd 08.09.2013

Hi im new here :D Will be deliver my 1st Baby Boy at TMC with EDD 08.09.2013.Just need to confirm did I miss out anything important before my baby born. I got following list item prepared.

-got some new born used clothes from frens
-bought one box of new born avent advance starter kit bottle
-new born huggies pampers (1 package only)
-stroller(still waiting as colleague a buy me as a gift)

Going to buy list: very tight budget so only can buy cheapest one. :(
-ikea baby bath tub ($15.90)
-ikea baby cot ($149.00)
-ikea baby mattress (better quality $69.90)
-ikea baby blanket(still thinking is that necessary)
-ikea baby pillow
-shampoo n lotions just use Johnson brand
-baby detergent (unsure what brand better and cheap)

anything I missed???

Hope to hear from all the mummies advise.as I dono what to do..

kcws

My 2hrs plasma glucose result 139 mg/dL and > 140 mg/dL will be considered gestational diabetes.

Hi Yanting

feel weird if u have GDM y the doc not ask u monitor at home? I raised concern to doc worried baby small as I not gaining weight but they reassure that with GDM baby will tend to be big. The growth scan at 31 weeks shows baby at normal range. Feel that important to monitor ur blood sugar level as very high possibility that baby will gain weight in later stage.

ya, we need to total off sugar from our diet n keep on eye on oily food as well. Oily food tend to digest slower mean the sugar level will at high level until fully digest. As well as starchy vegetables like carrot, potato, sweet corn,yam, tapioca, pumpkin, sweet potato, lotus root, turnip, water chestnut & radish. Limit to serving 2-3 tablespoons a meal.

for protein, about 100g for lunch n dinner (each). Equivalent to 1 palm size of meat, fish or chicken/ 1 chicken drumstick/ 1 medium fish/ 6 medium prawns

ZPF

Re: Edd 08.09.2013

Hi im new here :D Will be deliver my 1st Baby Boy at Thomson Medical Center with EDD 08.09.2013.Just need to confirm did I miss out anything important before my baby born. I got following list item prepared.

-got some new born used clothes from friends

-ikea baby cot ($149.00)
-ikea baby pillow

anything I missed???

Hi Min Xing, I am also delivering a baby boy on the same day and place as you! What a coincidence!

Are you getting cot bumper for your baby cot? I didn't buy blanket as the baby still very small.

StellaC

I see, less to bring.. Already a big bag when I looked at your list.. Will pack end of the month :)
Oh I just realised I did pack the nipple cream in! Also Packed iPhone/iPad charger, toothbrush/paste, marriage cert and admission documents. I read that need to pack receipts too if claiming from medisave.

chweewy

Hi mummies, I was shopping for front buttons nightgowns for d hospital stay and I found this shop in clementi central selling it at only $9..

If u r keen, can go there take a look. ;)

Yiks

It's getting more challenging to sleep at night w the big kicks from the baby. Mine is active and she's not getting enough space in my tummy already. Hang in there sep mummies! !

StellaC

I already have 5 blankets for baby haha. Couldn't help buying. 2 was from my Bangkok trip, one during the matenity fair and 2 more I crocheted myself.

I actually enjoy the kicks from baby and makes me sleep through the night haha. She squirms a lot a lot. But now I'm waking up once a night to go to the toilet cos baby is getting bigger and less space for bladder.

ZPF

It's getting more challenging to sleep at night w the big kicks from the baby. Mine is active and she's not getting enough space in my tummy already. Hang in there sep mummies! !
Hi Yiks, I am facing the same issue as you. Mine is also very active. Especially middle of the night. Kicking until I woke up from my sleep. Sleepless night

skt

kcws: I know Mark Anothony (available at Watsons) has dry shampoo too.
By the way, my experienced mummy friend told me, not necessary to cut. Infact with long hair, tie it into plaits or two pony tails, or bun it up, it is more cooling than having hair ends touching our ears/ neck. I am not cutting. :)

yanting

Hi Yanting

feel weird if u have GDM y the doc not ask u monitor at home? I raised concern to doc worried baby small as I not gaining weight but they reassure that with GDM baby will tend to be big. The growth scan at 31 weeks shows baby at normal range. Feel that important to monitor ur blood sugar level as very high possibility that baby will gain weight in later stage.

ya, we need to total off sugar from our diet n keep on eye on oily food as well. Oily food tend to digest slower mean the sugar level will at high level until fully digest. As well as starchy vegetables like carrot, potato, sweet corn,yam, tapioca, pumpkin, sweet potato, lotus root, turnip, water chestnut & radish. Limit to serving 2-3 tablespoons a meal.

for protein, about 100g for lunch n dinner (each). Equivalent to 1 palm size of meat, fish or chicken/ 1 chicken drumstick/ 1 medium fish/ 6 medium prawns
kcws, thanks for ur advice on the food intake.. I am not sure also, but my routine urine test doesn't show I hv diabetes. And I am visiting doctor weekly.. So I just stopped taking sweet stuff and drink only plain water..

yanting

Yiks, I kept waking up middle of the night for the last few weeks also.. Enjoying baby kicks too.. Found that she is more active at night..

Re: Edd 08.09.2013

Hi im new here :D Will be deliver my 1st Baby Boy at Thomson Medical Center with EDD 08.09.2013.Just need to confirm did I miss out anything important before my baby born. I got following list item prepared.

-got some new born used clothes from friends

-ikea baby cot ($149.00)
-ikea baby pillow

anything I missed???

minxing
baby detergent - you can get the pureen brand ABD liquid detergent... look out for the Taka fair... usually it sell 2 bottles for $18, around there, quite cheap
baby pillow- not getting, only getting the beansprout pillow to calm baby down... there is a Shop in City square little india there, called Jarrons, they sell cheap handmade beansprout husk pillow for $12, designs very nice..
I think no need to get blanket as you will be swaddling your baby with swaddler.....

I have a list of things to buy for Baby..
if you want, PM me your email, I can email you the excel file....

Last edited:
Hi mummies, I was shopping for front buttons nightgowns for d hospital stay and I found this shop in clementi central selling it at only $9..

If u r keen, can go there take a look. ;)
chweewy

CHinatown that hawker there sells very cheap pyjamas too.
my friend bought 2 for $15

raoow

Ladies, do we need to buy maternity pads? If so, which type did you get? And do babies need to brush their teeth? What do we need to prepare for the confinement nanny?

Have any of you read any parenting books? I'm getting stressed that I don't know anything! Argh!