EDD September 2013 Mummies

ZPF

hi mums to be

Hve u bought newborn diapers ? how much diapers do we need to buy for our new born ? What brand is good?
Hi Mrs Vistamio, I bought Mamy Poko diapers. Mamy Poko newborn diaper design with umbilical cord cut out. So that it will not press on the baby umbilical cord. Is other brands having this kind of design?

StellaC

how are all mummies feeling now?
i can't breathe well sometimes and it feels terrible, i try to breathe deeply but it's difficult. been getting up twice a night to pee, and standing too long or walking too long causes some pain in the bladder. i haven't experienced cramps yet but i have restless legs, especially when sitting in the car. sometimes eat too full feel like vomiting.

ZPF

how are all mummies feeling now?
i can't breathe well sometimes and it feels terrible, i try to breathe deeply but it's difficult. been getting up twice a night to pee, and standing too long or walking too long causes some pain in the bladder. i haven't experienced cramps yet but i have restless legs, especially when sitting in the car. sometimes eat too full feel like vomiting.
Hi StellaC, I have been waking up twice a night to pee too. Feeling breathless when I walk for too long. Didn't feel any pain in the bladder but feel an urge to go the toilet many times.

Hi Mrs Vistamio, I bought Mamy Poko diapers. Mamy Poko newborn diaper design with umbilical cord cut out. So that it will not press on the baby umbilical cord. Is other brands having this kind of design?
I just bot bb binder to protect the bb navel. guess this should be enough right?

raoow

I have problems breathing when I'm lying down. Been sleeping in the sitting position for a week plus. Helps a lot.

Haven't been able to eat much and no appetite. Sigh.

ZPF

I have problems breathing when I'm lying down. Been sleeping in the sitting position for a week plus. Helps a lot.

Haven't been able to eat much and no appetite. Sigh.
Hi Raoow, my gynae advise me not to lie flat on my back but must sleep on left hand side. Have you done that? It must be pretty tired on you to sleep in sitting position.

chweewy

Raow, ya..not good to sleep on flat cos we r pressing on 2 big blood vessels n this may limit ur blood supply to urself n lil one..that's wat my gynae told me..sleep on side is best..

Min Xing

T_T I also having the same problem!! feel very tired going to wirk now..walking feel breathless lying also feel here n there not comfortable. headache...easy hungry easy full..sometime feel like wanna vomit..5more weeks to go for my maternity leave...

kcws

I not breathless but can't eat too full or else not feeling well. I keep walking to the toilet long time ago n having pubic pain at night. Difficult to turn around at night :(

skt

I have pubic pain that last for 1-2 seconds on and off too, be it lying down or walking. I have to walk very slow these days. Climbing stairs is a challenge.
Waking up a few times for toilet breaks at night has been on-going since my first trimester.

I actually bought huggies diapers in size S and M. Heard size newborn will too small. I didn't buy alot since my mum will be helping me with napkins and liners.

Has anyone stock up maternity pads? I can't seem to find the tie-string ones from Kotex at Watsons.

kcws

Worthy Lady, I know the pain, when the pain worst I walk like a penguin >_< I bought normal pad Sofy Brand cotton type with wing n 41cm long.

StellaC

I also have the pubic pain... I thought its bladder pain when baby presses on it.

Nowadays I try not to drink water like 2-3 hours before sleep but still get up to pee at least twice. Sometimes three times! Previously I was able to sleep all the way til morning... But thank God I don't have to go to office everyday so I just sleep more and wake up late.

Sometimes I feel restles all over while sitting down and lying down is uncomfortable too. But very soon all these will be over and we will all have our little bundle of joy in our arms instead :) so excited!

chweewy

I'm so looking fwd to offload my lil one..any mummies experiencing rthymatic thumping at d lower abdomen area? Is it baby's hiccup? Cos sometimes I cant sleep due to this. Oso mummies which date r u starting ur maternity leave? 2 weeks before EDD?

skt

kcws: yes yes! i also walk like a penguin when the pubic pain comes in, dare not have too big movement.

chweewy: I do experience rthymatic thumping at my lower abdomen area. I believe it's baby's hiccup! It happens a few times a day, can be quite comfortable though the hiccup isn't as strong as kicks.

I won't be starting my maternity leave 2 weeks before EDD. EDD may change as baby grows, so maybe it's good to wait for the gynae to give a final measurement on the baby to decide which date again?

yanting

Yes, the rythmic thumping is so cute especially when I know it's baby's hiccup.. But sometimes it lasts few min, so poor thing, hiccup for so long.. :)

any way to relieve pubic pain? I tried pelvic floor exercise but doesn't help

skt

yanting: i doubt pelvic floor exercise can relieve the pubic pain. I have been doing it since 2nd trimester and the pain still comes. It can be the position of the baby, pressing onto our bladder system. :(