EDD September 2013 Mummies

raoow

kcws and Sunbeams: I've a slipped disc and scoliosis so cannot use epidural at all according to anesthetist. My only form of pain relief is via IV drip self controlled anesthesia which my gynae says can be hard to time cos have to press the button myself when contractions come. If too early or late, doesn't help.

So I either have to tough it out or end up emergency c-sect via GA if anything happens. I still cannot decide!

I was initially very firm on elective c-sect via GA. But we hope to have more kids all a year apart so I'm worried I won't have enough time to heal if I do c-sect. Sigh.

raoow

I'm talking to baby to stay in as long as possible! Though it gets tiring and tougher to sleep, I really enjoy being pregnant and feeling baby moving inside! It's just me and baby now and so calm. Hahahah!

Plus, my brother is getting married next weekend so I want to be able to attend his wedding! LOL.

thanku82

Ya, raaow, any reason for elect c sect?
any mummies have been faithfully counting their bb movt?
read some where that bb must kick at least 10 times every hour!!
what if he's sleeping? I haven't been really counting but I m aware of their kicks!
Though no pattern n I can't figure out!

Mummies who has streps B.. Gynae gave me antibiotic to eat for 5 days
anyone also doing that?
My gynae also give me antibiotic to eat 2 tablet after 3 meal. Will your gynae give you test again after this?

skt

Ya, raaow, any reason for elect c sect?
any mummies have been faithfully counting their baby movt?
read some where that baby must kick at least 10 times every hour!!
what if he's sleeping? I have not't been really counting but I m aware of their kicks!
Though no pattern n I can't figure out!

Mummies who has streps B.. Gynae gave me antibiotic to eat for 5 days
anyone also doing that?
10 times/hour? wow.
My gynae told me 10 times/day.
Mine kicks hard, so hard until my tummy goes slanted until she takes back her kick or punch.

Sunbeams

Thanku82- nope. Think the swap test is just once.
but I need to be on drip before the labour starts though or something along that line.
skt - my tummy slants too at an angle! Ha.. But not every time. Sometimes so gentle that I wonder If he's ok! Hmm

ZPF

kcws and Sunbeams: I've a slipped disc and scoliosis so cannot use epidural at all according to anesthetist. My only form of pain relief is via IV drip self controlled anesthesia which my gynae says can be hard to time cos have to press the button myself when contractions come. If too early or late, doesn't help.

So I either have to tough it out or end up emergency c-sect via GA if anything happens. I still cannot decide!

I was initially very firm on elective c-sect via GA. But we hope to have more kids all a year apart so I'm worried I won't have enough time to heal if I do c-sect. Sigh.
Raoow, I am doing natural delivery. My gynae said that our grandmother can do it, why cant I do it? Quite a challenge though. I think I will try to psycho myself that I waited my boy for 9 months and within many hours later I will be able to see him. He is also fighting his way out from the womb. So we must work hard together to see each other.

ZPF

Thanku82- nope. Think the swap test is just once.
but I need to be on drip before the labour starts though or something along that line.
skt - my tummy slants too at an angle! Ha.. But not every time. Sometimes so gentle that I wonder If he's ok! Hmm
Sunbeams / Skt, my tummy also slant at an angle. very cute right?

chweewy

Sunbeams: no correlation between GDM n strep B. Mine negative. My gynae just told me that she will check whether my cervix is open next wed, otherwise I have to b induced...haiz..I hope lil one stay till comfortable but come out on her own

yanting

My gynae checked me for dilation today, and she said still too early, maybe another two weeks. So guess I will deliver close to my EDD

Yiks

Oh dear. Gynae says my lil girl is still enjoying herself and may be overdue. She's weighing almost 3.4kg as of ytd check.

yanting

Edd is 10th. I've been walking (via shopping) but it gets tiring and hard to sleep at night.
My gynae asked me to walk down staircase instead of shopping. I try to do squatting as it helps baby to drop into pelvis. The other way is sitting on a ball, too bad I don't have it. My EDD is 15th.

ZPF

Oh dear. Gynae says my lil girl is still enjoying herself and may be overdue. She's weighing almost 3.4kg as of ytd check.
Yiks, I visited gynae today. She said my boy still in high position n might be overdue. He is weighing 3.1kg at the end of 38 weeks . Every week he will gain 200g. Strangely, this week he gains only 100g. I am so upset.

Sunbeams

Chweewy -thanks for getting back to me regarding the correlation or the lack of it. Ha!

seems like a lot of the mummies are having their babies on EDD. My gynae also says my bob not ready yet. HHmm usually they say FTM near actual date.
maybe as all very anxious! Haa

i have been walking too! Yes via shopping! Anyone going staycation? Shld lei. My hubby and me are :)

Yiks

Staycation? ?! Wah.. so envious. Now we're just waiting for bb to arrive. We're all ready but bb not ready. Haha

A mummy

Yiks, I visited gynae today. She said my boy still in high position n might be overdue. He is weighing 3.1kg at the end of 38 weeks . Every week he will gain 200g. Strangely, this week he gains only 100g. I am so upset.
My baby was high up on mon's afternn checkup,n doc said won't be too early.n that evening when i admit myself due to 1min apart or less contractions, water bag burst in the delivery room, she's out. 3.2kg:) 3hours labor. No epi, can't believe it happens so fast.

StellaC

My baby was high up on mon's afternn checkup,n doc said won't be too early.n that evening when i admit myself due to 1min apart or less contractions, water bag burst in the delivery room, she's out. 3.2kg:) 3hours labor. No epi, can't believe it happens so fast.
Wow congrats!!!

StellaC

Chweewy -thanks for getting back to me regarding the correlation or the lack of it. Ha!

seems like a lot of the mummies are having their babies on EDD. My gynae also says my bob not ready yet. HHmm usually they say FTM near actual date.
maybe as all very anxious! Haa

i have been walking too! Yes via shopping! Anyone going staycation? Shld lei. My hubby and me are :)
I won't dare go staycation now cos my edd is next week! Hehe. But we had Babymoon overseas and staycation earlier on in second trim. Now I'm just lazying around everyday