Endrometriosis and TTC

Ranlina

Hi All, I'm in my twenties living in e east...
I was diagnose with Endrometriosis on both of my uterus at the age of 20 and had it remove in 2007.
I got married in 2010 and had been trying to concieve since then.
Understand that cyst patient are unlikely to get pregnant.
Wondering if any mummies can share their experience and shed some light in my dark days.

gnissim23

Hi Ranlina, im not so sure abt cyst.. but I suggest u can visit a gynae that treat fertility? or go to TCM to tiao your body? I think my TCM helps me. u may want to give it a try?

lalagal

Hi Ranlina, me too same situation as you, i was diagnosed at age of 21 and had an operation to remove the blood cyst cos it is too huge. I've been trying to get pregnant for the past 4yrs...been seeing a sinseh at Toa payoh for the past 8 months and making progress :)

Like wat gnissim23 had shared TCM will help to regulate your body. Maybe u should make a trip to TCM sinseh soon. I would advise before gg to visit sinseh of your choice, do some tests like for the hubby, sperm check and yourself, any blockage in fallopian tube etc then it will be faster for the sinseh to know ur issue and how to regulate your body

Jia you!!

Ranlina

Hi ladies, thank you for giving me the advice and options. My husband had wen for his sperm checks and I have also wen to test the blockage of my Fallopian tube, but all seems fine. I have wen for a malay traditional "urut" massage but I don't think it's really working. Some of my female colleagues do advice me to try Chinese Sinseh but I don't know of anyone. Maybe you can recommend? But I don't speak Chinese doug.

Hi Ranlina, I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis back in 2006/7 as well. Gynae did tell me my fertility may be affected. When I was finally ready for kids, I tried unsuccessfully for over a year. My gynae then told me to do IUI as she was afraid the endometriosis will come back since I was off birth control for so long. I think I was very lucky - I was successful on my 2nd IUI attempt. Discuss your options with your gynae & hope you'll be successful real soon! :)

Hello Quincy, sure I can share :)
The gynae can only suspect endometriosis from the scans & a blood test to check for CA125 marker. From what she saw, my gynae recommended for me to do a keyhole surgery to remove the cysts seen & also to confirm her diagnosis. After the surgery, that's when I knew my condition was so bad. I was on lucrin jabs (if I din remember wrongly) for abt 4 mths to simulate menopause. This is to retard the endo. Thereafter I was on birth control to control the endo.

tricky

Quincy are you suspecting endo ?
I had endo last year and removed my ovarian cyst last October.
the doctor who treated me is so experienced with endo that he knew what it was straight away from transvaginal scan. He performed the lap after diagnosis of endo and also did hsg. Endo doesn't stop women from getting pregnant but it does make it more difficult I think

quincy1986

i had endo cysts in my ovaries. both of them.
initial checks from doctor shows that i should be fine and i should remove them after pregnancy.
and HSG shows no blockage.
right now i am actually very curious about this topic.

maddie

I also have endo cyst back in 2011. I did a 3 key hole operation to take out the cyst on my left ovary. Now the left ovary have very little eggs due to the dumb endo cyst. Yes! I know that it is very hard to conceive coz I have been trying for 2.5 years and still to no avail. I tried 2 IVFs...both also unsuccessful. Tmr going to see Dr Sadhannah at KKH to seek her opinion.

tricky

maddie, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and im pretty sure i got pregnant with the ovary that wasn't affected because i have corpus luteum pains on the right. (cyst was on left) after the lap and removal of the cyst, i was really wondering how could that ovary still work ?? but actually after my surgery a couple of times i did feel i ovulated from the left side so...

maddie

maddie, I'm 8 weeks pregnant and im pretty sure i got pregnant with the ovary that wasn't affected because i have corpus luteum pains on the right. (cyst was on left) after the lap and removal of the cyst, i was really wondering how could that ovary still work ?? but actually after my surgery a couple of times i did feel i ovulated from the left side so...
Maybe i also have ovulation. Just that it is hard for me to catch it. But yesterday i had a lot of discharge. Weird! Never happen before. Today just went to see Dr Sadhana at KKH. She knows that i have endometriosis. She checked my uterus and says that the surrounding wall looks ok. She suggests that I go for scrapping of the uterus wall before doing the ivf. She says in this way the embryos have higher chance to stick. I will be doing this scrapping procedure before the ivf starts. This scrapping procedure is something like papsmear. While waiting for a few months to see her, I will be toning up my body and see the chinese doctor for acupuncture and take the chinese medicine.

@ Ralina - i went for a 3 keyhole lapascropy to treat my endometriosis in May/ June this year and after that i took some time off to recuperate. I went for IVF last month and was lucky to get successful.

@Maddie - i read online that if you have a few unsuccessful IVF with the same gync / lab, you may want to change cos sometimes it has to do with their lab process, embryoist etc.[h=2][/h]

maddie

​​Yah...glitterstar, I agree with what you have said.
I changed to a senior consultant gynea at KKH. Her name is Dr Sadhana. She advised me to do a scrapping at the side of my uterus so that the embryos will have a better chance to stick. I told her I have endometriosis before. She checked my uterus and it seems ok...She asks me to go ahead with the last ivf...

i had endometriosis too and a 6cm cyst on my left ovary. got my endo treated via keyhole surgery in march and got pregnant 1 menstrual cycle after. now im 26 weeks pregnant. i read up alot on endo and did watch my food intake for food that can worsen endo / help endo. i suffered for years with painful, long and heavy menses. pls dont give up and find a good doctor that can help!

Marsitah

I have dysmenorrhea since my teenage years, diagnosed with endometriosis in 2008. Had a surgery done to remove 13cm dermoid ovarian cyst too...

Currently, I'm in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy after 2 months of going through a program tailored by a Malay celebrity Nutritionist.

It is designed by cultivating nutritious eating habits, consumption of super fruits supplements and taking pure oxygenated water. To balance our body system naturally.

If you are keen to know more, can WhatsApp me at 91528797.

jenny2011

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS during the scan. I am worried that PCOS may lead to ovarian cysts.. My blood test results showed that my prolactin level is slightly elevated but im not pregnant and shouldn't be higher than normal range. My menses is very irregular and I read that prolactin level if is higher will result in absense of menses.. But my gynae did not suggest me to take any medication.. asked me to repeat the test. If it is still high, will need to take medication to lower the level. But i kw it will bounce back once the medication has stopped. She asked me to take contraceptive pills ( hormones pills) to regulate my menses if my menses still yet to come for 3 to 4 mths.

Can anyone share with me if you hv taken any hormones pills to regulate the menses ? Which brand did you take and any side effects? Whats the difference between Yasmin and Yaz??