enfapro ... similac.. pls advise.

ben10

Alpha Male
Ben started on similac newborn from 2 months to 3 months but we stop and changed to enfalac 0-12months coz similac caused constipation. Enfalac 0-12months was ok till he's 7 months, we tried the enfapro 6months ... he puke almost after every feed. We seek advise from PD but he say only can trial and error...gave us a trial similac2 for 6 months above.

Just the first feed last nite and this morning, ben sound like got phlegm. Dunno should carry on feeding similac2 or just resume on the enfalac 0-12months since he is ok with that. I'm just worried that on the Enfalac 0-12months for newborn, he might not get enough vitamins and sooner or later he will need to change also. Anyone have experience??

ben10

Alpha Male
Ben is on enfalac for 12 months... thinking of changing to silimac2 for 6 months since he need to change sooner or later. On Enfalac everything's good... poo daily. Tried Enfapro for 6 months, he merlion after every feed. So now try similac2 for 6 months on advise by PD.. But ben didn't poo for 2 days liao....Any advise?

Mummy3

Did u mix enfalac and enfapro to let him get used to the enfapro gradually? eg, 4 scoops of enfalac and 1 scoop of enfapro and gradually reducing enfalac and increasing enfapro.

According to similac helpline, similac uses palm oil which aids bowel movement. But my twins also had constipation when they took similac in the 1st 2 months. Changed to S26, and everything was good. Then I ke kiang! Put them on Similac fm promil when about 7 mths + coz they gave me sample. In the end, they had high fever, almost 40 Deg C, and landed in hospital. So kuai kuai, I switched back to promil. Recently, Abott sent me Gain, their helpline lady explained how good it is, so again, I let them try, wow, they started coughing again. Coming to 2 months and still coughing. I don't know why, but the texture of similac and gain is different fm other brands, including Grow. So for my infant, I don't dare to let him try Similac.

Coming to your case, if mixing still cannot work, y not try other brands like Friso, Promil, etc? Buy the 400g fm some Guardian or get sample fm clinics, or buy online.

Ting

DO NOT MIX DIFFERENT FM TOGETHER.
be it same brand but diff stages or same stages but diff brands. reason being, DIFF NUTRIENTS LEVELS for diff brand n stages.

if u want to let him get used to the new FM, do the interleafing method. ie: 4 feeds of stage 1, 1 feed of stage 2, then 3 feeds of stage 1, 2 feeds of stage 2.
just slowly replace one feed by one feed til he is on total stage 2.
same as changing brands.

ben10, since your son is OK with Enfalac 0-12 mths, i suggest u just stick to it.
no need to worry abt not getting enough nutrients/vits, bcos im sure that if it states 0-12 mths, meaning the vits n nutrients r SUFFICIENT for babies til 12 mths old.

well, somehow i think that, the lower stages shld hv MORE nutrients compared to the higher stages, cos as they grow older, they get their nutrients n vits from other sources, ie: solids/semi solids, so they dun require that much nutrients from the FM as it bcome a supp alr.
JMHO.

btw, did your PD mention WHY your son will merlion after every feed for enfapro?