Enquiring Package offered - Pricing (or perhaps a recommendation of gynae)

pixie

Dear Mummies,

My gynae in NUH who is a senior consultant has made an offered on a package for my next visit onwards. Before I take it up, I would like to know if I get rip-off.

She quoted me $870 (with some routine scan - I can't recall now but it was mentioned what it covered and I can give more details when I got back home after work this evening when I look at the sheet she gave to me).

For those of you who have taken up a package, may I ask how much did you pay and what it covers?

Also, any gynae to recommend? My gynae is a private practitioner and motherly but in my last 2 visits, she told me that she's going to take heartbeat rates of my baby but both visits, she forgot (she is at least 60-65 years of age) :( I have some fear e.g negligence. Also, twice I asked her to scan the gender of my baby but she seems unwilling (note: even before she scan my tummy!) and kept repeating that the sex might change at later stage (I am 18 weeks now) even though I've re-assured her that I am aware and after much 'pushing' (my better half went with me in the last visit) she then told me the gender of my baby and then charge me for the scan.

I live at River Valley road and I work full-time in town. Recommendation of a professional and careful gyane (man or woman is fine) in Central will be preferred.

Thanks in advance!

apollo

My gynae charges $700 for package from 12th week preg onwards. Package includes: Consultations, urine test, ultrasound scan with pic givin back, for all visits till deliver. As for the heartbeat i rmb my gynae only let me listen to it from 2nd tri onwards.

If you're not comfortable with your gynae, I think you shd change to one that you're comfy with if not you will always doubt what she says. =)

luvjoanne

i'm also with dr tham, but from what i remember, i get to hear the heartbeat as early as 10 weeks. i get to see my baby on every visit as well and he'll give us a print out ultrascan pic.. and if you have thumbdrive with you, you get to save many more pics (usually ard 4) but only 1 print out. he says he's being environmental friendly haha..

dr tham is very patient and nice. i feel very comfortable with him. but he isnt very willing to let me know gender of my baby and i had to push him hard during 3rd and 4th mth lol.

pixie

Thanks to you all who have responded to this thread :)

Apollo, I am comfortable with my gyane but it's my better half who thinks I should consider another gynae. So before I switch, I would like to know more about the package and if she is charging me way too much, then I might change a gynae who will charge reasonably and is not forgetful. What if she left a pair of scissor (that's if I opt for C-Sect) inside my womb......LOL

apollo

Thanks to you all who have responded to this thread :)

Apollo, I am comfortable with my gyane but it's my better half who thinks I should consider another gynae. So before I switch, I would like to know more about the package and if she is charging me way too much, then I might change a gynae who will charge reasonably and is not forgetful. What if she left a pair of scissor (that's if I opt for C-Sect) inside my womb......LOL

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! tt's funny!!!! yeah, think u shd change if both u and ur hub is wry.. =)