Enrichment classes for 1 year old

kireipiggy

since u have hear all godo thing abt Shichida Method, I maybe add on a bad thing I heard from frd tat "smart" kids will exel better, while "slow learner" might be ignored in the class
but go sign up some trial class b4 any commitment
most imporatnt is they enjoy the class and not sitting down there 45min doing nothing while watching other kids "performing"

but thats me :tlaugh:
Hi eurostar, there is no trial class available for Shichida Method :) Hope what you said wont come true.

noellamenon

Re: Enrichment classes for toddlers - Rhythm-n-Rhymes sessions in the East

Slide1.jpgRhythm-n-Rhymes flyer 2012.jpg

Hi - I run toddler sessions in the East....It's called 'Rhythm-n-Rhymes'.
- Edutainment for toddlers age 1 to 3+yrs @ 09-01, The Waterside, 9 Tanjong Rhu Road, Singapore - 436894. Registrations open for 2012!! SMS Noella @ HP: 82004142 OR e-mail noellamenon@gmail.com

For more information on my background....(Facilitator: Professional VO Actor / Jingle Artist / Singer & winner at the Hollywood Film Festival! Check out http://www.voice4ads.com/ )

Please click on the collage and flyer above - Actual snap shots taken during the Rhythm-n-Rhymes sessions.....every week tiny tots look forward to a different theme - Besides new songs, percussion fun, hymns, story time and muppet shows, we've covered sharing and caring, friends, saying sorry, good manners, seasons, festivals, animals, handy helpers and more! We recently celebrated Valentines Day ..the kids wore red and pink, learnt the 'I LOVE YOU & other Valentines Day songs, took home a surprise heart with their photo on it for their mums and dads and were told a story of LOVE!! They all had a blast!

As a special promotion - you can sign up for 2 trial sessions at $15 per class (UP: $25).....

Warm Regards

Noella

Pinkliciouz

My son is attending Shichida Method now and I find the syllabus is very similar to Little Neuro Tree but there are some segments which is in French and Japanese which is quite fun as I think it opens the kids up to more languages. Although my son is super active, but he enjoys the class and enjoys the company of his classmates. Though a little costly, but I think it's worth it as I can see the improvements in my son's learning...

Mummy to Baby V

since u have hear all godo thing abt Shichida Method, I maybe add on a bad thing I heard from frd tat "smart" kids will exel better, while "slow learner" might be ignored in the class
but go sign up some trial class b4 any commitment
most imporatnt is they enjoy the class and not sitting down there 45min doing nothing while watching other kids "performing"

but thats me :tlaugh:
Shichida classes are parent-accompanied. The parent is there to encourage and guide the child. In fact, the parent is more important than the sinsei. Also, the purpose of the class is to let the parent learn how to continue with home practice.

We've been with Shichida Method for 2 years, over 3 sinseis, and still very happy with it. :)

piyo

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi Mummies, i'm working on a research project to see how the internet can help make it easier for mothers to source for child related services (eg. recreation/ enrichment/ childcare/ kindergarten) for their children. I'd like to find out whether is it difficult for you to find one, and what are the problems you faced.

Hope that you can share your experiences with us and help make the web a better tool for all mothers!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

d3s1r33

Hi Hi, Im quite impressive by their way of teaching to simulate the toddler's brain. Yes, 3 months old can join them already :)

Don't wait coz the waiting list stretches up to next year Jan 2012 already!!!
hello... is your son already in shichida method? how is he progressing so far? My gal just turn 1yr old and i'm planning to sign up with shichida soon.

Last edited:

kireipiggy

hello... is your son already in shichida method? how is he progressing so far? My gal just turn 1yr old and i'm planning to sign up with shichida soon.
Hi hi, yes my son is attendind Shichida class since beginning 2012. He loves going for his sunday class :) The teacher student ratio of 1:6 is great and the instructors do observe every single student and activities very well. Time passes so fast for my active boy :)

d3s1r33

Hi hi, yes my son is attendind Shichida class since beginning 2012. He loves going for his sunday class :) The teacher student ratio of 1:6 is great and the instructors do observe every single student and activities very well. Time passes so fast for my active boy :)
how old is your son now? May i know is your son active at home and when he's in class is he attentive?
My daughter is very active... so i would like to know if shichida can catch active child attention in class.
:)

kireipiggy

how old is your son now? May i know is your son active at home and when he's in class is he attentive?
My daughter is very active... so i would like to know if shichida can catch active child attention in class.
:)
Hi, Yes my 18 months boy is active most of the time :) Certain activities do catch his attention. The rest will have to depends on his mood on the day of the class :)

kireipiggy

Just found a music school who takes in children less than 4 years old. Yahama school only takes in 4 years and above kids. REcently saw this school at Tanglin Mall - Kindermusik. Any mummies send your precious there for music class?

Looking at Bibinogs for Mandarin classes too. Hope to get some reviews some mummies here.

Thanks in advance :)

Mummy to Baby V

Just found a music school who takes in children less than 4 years old. Yahama school only takes in 4 years and above kids. REcently saw this school at Tanglin Mall - Kindermusik. Any mummies send your precious there for music class?

Looking at Bibinogs for Mandarin classes too. Hope to get some reviews some mummies here.

Thanks in advance :)
There are other schools besides Yamaha for below 4 years old. I've come across other mums who blog about it, can't remember the names though.

My 3-yr old boy is attending Kindermusik in KL. Started this year, attending with Daddy. Both of them enjoy it very much, mainly because the teacher is experienced and can engage the children well. During weekdays, I play the CDs at home and we practise together. I like that the program comes with materials every term - CDs, home practice activity book, story books, and a simple instrument. It's a good preparatory program to let the child enjoy and explore music, learn the basics before moving on to more formal music lessons when she's interested and ready.

You may attend the trial class to see if you and your child like it, and if the teacher is good.

kireipiggy

There are other schools besides Yamaha for below 4 years old. I've come across other mums who blog about it, can't remember the names though.

My 3-yr old boy is attending Kindermusik in KL. Started this year, attending with Daddy. Both of them enjoy it very much, mainly because the teacher is experienced and can engage the children well. During weekdays, I play the CDs at home and we practise together. I like that the program comes with materials every term - CDs, home practice activity book, story books, and a simple instrument. It's a good preparatory program to let the child enjoy and explore music, learn the basics before moving on to more formal music lessons when she's interested and ready.

You may attend the trial class to see if you and your child like it, and if the teacher is good.

Thanks Mummy Baby V for sharing your experiences with Kindermusik.

I've made some enquiry on trial class. Hope my son enjoys the music class too :)

Ekari

can 1 year old really learn how to play music?

Applepie may be an alternative for mandarin learning. Not too sure about Bibinogs.

kireipiggy

can 1 year old really learn how to play music?

Applepie may be an alternative for mandarin learning. Not too sure about Bibinogs.
HI Ekari, Yes i heard music will help to provide the child with a clear mind in order to concentrate in their activities. It helps in better temper management too :)

3mum

Hi mummies,

My girls went for 1 yr shicida classes and have stopped as they have other enrichment to attend. Hence, would like to sell away the "dots" flashcards, 4 boxes of dots cards, plus free blank flashcards. Condition still very new as have not have the time to practice it with girls. Anyone interest, do drop me a message.

colourfulhearts

Hello there :)

Holiday workshop June 2012
Date: 4th -8th June 2012
Theme: Let's walk in the park
Time: 1-3pm
Ages: 3 & 4 year olds
Cost: $40 per workshop, per day

15% discount applicable if you sign up before 30th June 2012

This workshop will be taught by Melissa, founder of Colourful Hearts. Melissa has worked in Julia Gabriel & Chiltern House, for 13 years so really, you get the same quality. Melissa also believes in small class sizes so that children's learning can be maximised :)

Have a look at our website (www.colourfulhearts.com) and we can be contacted via phone (6466-7456) or email (contact@colourfulhearts.com).

Hear from you soon :)

With warm regards,

The Colourful Hearts Team!

iamjinju

Hi mummies,

My girls went for 1 yr shicida classes and have stopped as they have other enrichment to attend. Hence, would like to sell away the "dots" flashcards, 4 boxes of dots cards, plus free blank flashcards. Condition still very new as have not have the time to practice it with girls. Anyone interest, do drop me a message.
hello 3mum,

are you still selling the cards? let me know how much are you selling it... :)
you can get me at iamjinju@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Ekari

HI Ekari, Yes i heard music will help to provide the child with a clear mind in order to concentrate in their activities. It helps in better temper management too :)
Thanks for the reply, it was silly of me asking considering how toddlers react to music in the TV anyway. especially after reading some of the comments as well.

I guess I must really give this a deep consideration :D~