Enterpreneurship enrichment course

qingzi

Hi all, need your opinion on something...

I'm thinking of sending my child to this entrepreneur course I heard of. Apparently they teach business skills, finance & management skills, the kids get to meet industry professionals and embark on actual community or enterprise projects. Interestingly, they also instill confidence, speech and poise through drama and dance. The kids do get to put up performances and so on.

Some of their course seniors have already set up their own social enterprise, and some of them are only 15 yrs! I think it's a great way to teach my kid monetary responsibility and discover her business potential.

With the influx of foreigners and expat families and them getting PRs in Singapore, I think that our youths will really lose out with our highly academic but stifled education.

What do you guys think, would you send your child for such a course? (i think it's only $80 a month)

yumiao

sounds good, i teach my students some of this kind of knowledge, and train my own kids these skills. but i think it would be good to have someone more professional to teach. however, will that be costly? :)

qingzi

Well it's only $80 a month (so much cheaper than a lot of enrichment classes), and I think the benefits long term (not to mention earning her own keep) outweighs many things else. Like you say, there are many things we can instill from home, but i think my kid needs to go out, "see the world" and meet more people from different backgrounds as well. :)

So would you send your children there? :001_302:

yumiao

My own kids are still young. But when I was a teacher, we did bring our students out to understand how the company functioning, how the country is going to, even other countries. Before you send your child there, make sure you know their plan and schedule, know what they are going to teach your child. If you think they are really doing something which you can't achieve by yourself, then go ahead.

S

str@wb3rry's

hihi qingzi

i dun mind to send my kid to this type of class but i will also check on infomation of the school. Or will the school let us attend a trial lesson? Coz i hope to see how they guide the children. Anyway $80 is for how many lesson per month.