epidural or oxyen gas...

skinneybeenie

Its actually actually Nitrous Oxide and not Oxygen.

I personally had the Nitrous Oxide administered and it did help me. The thing with Nitrous Oxide is that you have to know that you need to take in slow deep breaths for it to work.

There are side effects for Epidural which happens but its quite rare. I have a friend's aunt who is paralyzed from the waist down due to Epidural. Its not widely publicized as they do not want people to fear the Epidural.

Well, if you have gone for antenatal classes and know the deep breathing technique, I believe the Nitrous Oxide will help you.

Anyway, you should feel pain even when you are being given Epidural as it lets you know when to push. If you feel totally numb, it means that too much of the medication has been administered.

Some people feel no pain and they dont't know when to push and they need to have an assisted delivery with the help of forceps.
i din use epidural in my delivery last year.

My water broke at 5+ am, reached hospital 7 am, oxytocin at 7+-8+, for hours i was dilated 1/2 - 1 cm!! then suddenly at 1+, i was 4 cm and couldn't take it , asked for epi but got put off by all the disclaimers in the form on the possible side effects and risks, asked for epi again when i couldn't take it but by then already 8 cm dilated. so jus went ahead with the delivery. baby born at 5+ pm after >1 hr pushing and no energy left so got vacuum assisted instead.. so my whole labor from time water broke abt 12 hours, i think "real" pain kicked in for abt 3-4 hrs incl the pushing..

actually ifeel good at having "felt" the birth. i dun regret a thing :) in a way also lucky to become dilated from 4cm to 8 cm in like an hour or 2.. and beat my gynae's expectations that it'd be a minimum 20 hour labor :D

good luck.:Dancing_tongue:

vinder79

i really envy women with sort labours.My 1st son 25hrs but push for 1/2 hr only.My 2nd one 15 hrs push for 20 mins.

raeka

I didn't take epi as mine is water bag burst dilated around 3-4cm but in labour for about 6 hour last half an hour then really start to dilated to 8cm after using the laughing gas.

Gas is good for short labour. If you dilate fast still ok to use gas. If your labour is hours type say like more then 8hrs kind maybe gas won't work.
yup, i totally agree. i didn't take epi for both my labour as i had short labour for both pregnancies. For my 1st one, i didn't even take the gas.

Anyway, my fren was told by her gynae that epi will not cause backache. one will feel the backache due to the pushing.

I personally feel that this is true coz i didn't take epi but still experience backaches from time to time. guess due to the pushing and carrying of babies

yup, i totally agree. i didn't take epi for both my labour as i had short labour for both pregnancies. For my 1st one, i didn't even take the gas.

Anyway, my friend was told by her gynae that epi will not cause backache. one will feel the backache due to the pushing.

I personally feel that this is true coz i didn't take epi but still experience backaches from time to time. guess due to the pushing and carrying of babies

oic.. thanks alot.:001_302:

dodos

Its actually actually Nitrous Oxide and not Oxygen.

I personally had the Nitrous Oxide administered and it did help me. The thing with Nitrous Oxide is that you have to know that you need to take in slow deep breaths for it to work.

There are side effects for Epidural which happens but its quite rare. I have a friend's aunt who is paralyzed from the waist down due to Epidural. Its not widely publicized as they do not want people to fear the Epidural.

Well, if you have gone for antenatal classes and know the deep breathing technique, I believe the Nitrous Oxide will help you.

Anyway, you should feel pain even when you are being given Epidural as it lets you know when to push. If you feel totally numb, it means that too much of the medication has been administered.

Some people feel no pain and they dont't know when to push and they need to have an assisted delivery with the help of forceps.

Ya i heard of it too. It happened to my neighbour's daugher. I dare not use epidural after that. Anything can happen.......

Wasant

for me....laughing gas works...as it helps to relieve some of the pain....n i dun find it smelly at all.....n i dun need epidural if i use the laughing gas...it makes one light-headed n takes away some of the pain....it helps 4 me..

paperger85

Oh, btw after taking the gas, I was so damn high after delivery I couldn't rest and was up and walking about 2 hours after delivery. lol...

Porukadotzu

for my 2 girls i opt for Oxygen Gas and a shot at thigh that they say its reducing the pain (tho i dun think its reducing anything)

i dun opt for Epidural coz i was having a normal healthy pregnancy and my condition also normal, so i dont feel the need to use Epi.

ofcoz painful, who would be able to run away from pain during labour, even taking epi also will still feel pain (afterwards)

Its all happen naturally, pregnancy and pain of labour is one whole package that women have to endure..

but ofcoz not every pregnancy is a smooth sailing one, better consult with your gynae for which method of delivery is suitable for you..

Good Luck! it was a beautiful memory to give birth! with or without epidural...:tlaugh:

Renzie

I use gas and the shot in the thigh as well. From what the nurses told me, the shot in the thigh is used when you are dilated less than 3cm. I was being induced, and contractions were kicking in however I was only 1-2 cm dilated. I practically knocked out not long after the jab.

Woke up about 1-2 hours later when the shot wore off, and rest of the labour used gas. I got so high with the gas that sometimes i forgot to push. lol.

PTB7476

I use gas and the shot in the thigh as well. From what the nurses told me, the shot in the thigh is used when you are dilated less than 3cm. I was being induced, and contractions were kicking in however I was only 1-2 cm dilated. I practically knocked out not long after the jab.

Woke up about 1-2 hours later when the shot wore off, and rest of the labour used gas. I got so high with the gas that sometimes i forgot to push. lol.
high until forget to push :elvis:
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: that's funny

paperger85

Yar...the gas gives you a high and with the adrenalin rush, I didn't rest the whole two days I was in the hospital.

Is iy because they give u a higher dosage of gas... LOLz.:nah: