Ergonomic Desks for Children

cookie77

Hi mummys, have anyone bought one of these ergonomic desk & chair sets? I realise that my P2 daughter can hardly sit at her desk for more than 10 minutes... We didn't help her develop the habit of sitting at a table from the early years. So now we want to make sure our second child develop that healthy habit. Anyone would like to share their experience?

Last edited:

cookie77

So far I've googled out the following ergonomic kids desks & chairs shops/brands in Singapore. I'll have to make time over the next few weekends to visit them.
1. Kid2youth www.kid2youth.sg [Relocated from Suntec City to Marina Square]
2. moll ergokid in Wheelock Place
3. ergoworks in Marina Sq
4. Kinderfun in UE Square
5. Crosscom in Forum {CLOSED DOWN}
6. SCOOL Marina Square, Parkway Parade & Jem
7. Ang Mo Kio industrial park

Any others?

Last edited:

maylee80

I bought a Moll Champion study table and I can tell you it's definitely worth the money. It's sleek and trendy, blends well with the interior decor of our house. It's actually not that expensive if you compare it with the cheap Taiwanese copycats. The quality and stylish design is no match. I bought mine in Malaysia with Babyhaus in Bangsar KL, but in Singapore you can find it with Ergokid Wheelock Place.

miemie

I'm looking to buy an ergonomic study table for my DD. The Moll desk looks cool and hot but also looks expensive hahaha. Or maybe I should buy a cheaper Taiwanese set, although the looks are soso. Anyone has experience to share?

cookie77

I'm looking to buy an ergonomic study table for my DD. The Moll desk looks cool and hot but also looks expensive hahaha. Or maybe I should buy a cheaper Taiwanese set, although the looks are soso. Anyone has experience to share?
miemie, I got myself a Moll Runner Compact with a side extension they call Quicktop in Wheelock Place. I started this thread a few months ago but I haven't had time to update it with my experience. I will write more when I have time. The Moll desks aren't that expensive actually compared to what you get among the Taiwanese brands, and the quality and finish is top notch. The prices have actually dropped by 20-30% when the new Moll dealer Ergokid opened last year. For example, their entry model is $880 and if you add their basic chair at $530, it's $1410 for a desk&chair set. I didn't like the Taiwanese designs... they mostly very tacky looks.

miemie

Hey Cookie, thanks for the tips. In the end, I decided to get a Moll Runner Compact ergonomic desk from Ergokid in Wheelock Place. I also got a foldable extension, I think it's called Quicktop. I like the design and the small size due to space constraints at home. My condo unit is full of bay windows... you know what I mean. The white version of the Runner Compact is just nice for our interior decor at home. Although the price is higher than the Taiwanese ones, I don't think it's that much higher as I had originally thought. The quality and design is one class above.

johnwong80

If any desks would do fine for you, go to IKEA. But if you want to provide a comfy study desk for your child, I think one of these ergonomic desks in the Scool stores would do a good job. If you can afford it, you should definitely go for a Moll study desk and Ergokid in Wheelock Place has everything for you there.

jackygogo

Crosscom closed down in Forum, in case you're planning a trip there.

I've been advised to take down the news article for copyright reasons. Sorry.

Last edited: