Feeding Bottles & Teats
Handkerchiefs
Infant Formula Milk Powder
Milk Powder Dispenser
Nursing Pillow
Sterilizer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sleeping:

OPTION 1: Wooden Baby Cot - select 6 in 1 convertible type.
Cot Mattress
Cot Mattress Cover

OPTION 2: Playpen with bassinet and changing station.
Playpen Mattress
Playpen Mattress Cover

OPTION 3: Baby Sarong / Spring Cot - electronic or manual type.
Baby Cradle Net - buy those with "head cover and leg zip" to prevent baby from falling out.
Baby Safety Pins - TollyJoy / Pigeon Brand

OPTION 4: Standard Floor Mattress
*** not recommended for infant stage.
*** baby can easily roll out of mattress onto the floor and hurt the head.
*** require cushions, pillows and bolsters to block the sides of the mattress.

Bolster
Bolster Cover
Musical Mobile
Newborn Pacifier
Pillow
Pillow Case
Swaddling Cloth

Travelling & Other Accessories:

Baby Carrier / Sling
Baby Car Seat - if you own a car
Baby Stroller
Diaper Bag
Teether - when baby reaches 5~6 months old
Thermometer
Toys - baby rattle

PLEASE NOTE

Baby high chair and baby walker can be purchased at a later stage of your infant development, when they finally learn to sit unsupported for longer periods. You do not need these so soon yet. You can always shop for them at the right time, or when they reach 6 months and above.

Last edited:

MamaDT

Thanks Kitmisusei!! :)

Anti bath mat is the just one piece of flat kind places in the bath tub is it? Or got contour kind for baby to lie on it when bathing?

kimitsusei

Thanks Kitmisusei!! :)

Anti bath mat is the just one piece of flat kind places in the bath tub is it? Or got contour kind for baby to lie on it when bathing?
hi, the anti-slip bath mat looks like a flat piece of rubbery material that is placed inside the bath tub.

it is to prevent baby from slipping into water during bath. otherwise, the baby may risk drowning and drinking bath water by accident.

bath_mat.jpg

Last edited:

kimitsusei

-

If you are planning to buy a baby sarong... the spring cot stand, hook, holder, springs and cradle net are usually included in the package.

electronic baby cradle.jpg

PIC-1: Above is sample of electronic spring cot. With motor and springs attached. Cost more. No need to rock it with your hands. Uses electricity.

manual spring cradle.jpg

PIC-2: Above is sample of manual spring cot. With springs only. Cost less. Need to rock it with your hands. Uses no electricity.

Last edited:

winniethepooh

Hi, Thanks for the comprehensive list! *SHOCKED* As a 1st time mum, I didn't expect that I will require so many things!!
Can you please advise if it is better to wait for baby fairs / sales to purchase them at one go OR buy a little over some time?
Is a Sterilizer really necessary or we can just "boil" the milk bottles in a big pot?

hi winniethepooh,
u might get good deals from baby fair, or those departmental store like OG , isetan , robinson when they offer 20% off storewide.

it is not neccessary to get a steraliser, boiling method also works.

KiBin

Hi, Thanks for the comprehensive list! *SHOCKED* As a 1st time mum, I didn't expect that I will require so many things!!
Can you please advise if it is better to wait for baby fairs / sales to purchase them at one go OR buy a little over some time?
Is a Sterilizer really necessary or we can just "boil" the milk bottles in a big pot?
take note that after your detailed scan u will start to know whether bb is boy or gal... then u can buy nice nice clothes for him or her.. :)

winniethepooh

-

If you are planning to buy a baby sarong... the spring cot stand, hook, holder, springs and cradle net are usually included in the package.

View attachment 100430

PIC-1: Above is sample of electronic spring cot. With motor and springs attached. Cost more. No need to rock it with your hands. Uses electricity.

View attachment 100431

PIC-2: Above is sample of manual spring cot. With springs only. Cost less. Need to rock it with your hands. Uses no electricity.
The examples are great! Helps to understand the different spring cots. Are they more dangerous than the wooden cots / play pen?
Was wondering which has more "mileage".. As the baby grows older, they will out-grow the wooden cots and play pens. But the spring cots are more flexible in the sense that you can add / remove the springs in relation to the weight of the baby?
My Mum and MIL have differing views, so I thought it'll be good to seek neutral advice on this matter.

kimitsusei

The examples are great! Helps to understand the different spring cots. Are they more dangerous than the wooden cots / play pen?
Was wondering which has more "mileage".. As the baby grows older, they will out-grow the wooden cots and play pens. But the spring cots are more flexible in the sense that you can add / remove the springs in relation to the weight of the baby?
My Mum and mother in law have differing views, so I thought it'll be good to seek neutral advice on this matter.
hi winniethepooh

Yes... if you buy a baby spring cot, you can add the required number of springs with relation to your baby weight. This instruction will normally be included on the box that contains the accessories, and you just need to follow according to the weight of your baby. The maximum weight that an average cradle motor can withstand is up till 16kg only. Some brands are up till 19kg. You can ask the store staff about this. However, if you are buying the non-motor type of spring cot, the maximum weight can sometimes be a bit higher. Not sure, must check.

If you use the spring cot properly, it should not cause any danger to your baby. But if you are afraid the baby may fall off the sarong net, you can buy those nappy pins (with safety snap lock feature) to secure the front/back of the sarong net. To be safe, place a large adult pillow or small mattress on the floor below the spring cot, so as to serve as a cushion against any falling accident.

Nowadays, there are 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 convertible baby cots that can be converted as the child grows older, so it can also act as a toddler bed in future. This is useful for some parents, but to me is taking up too much space at home, because I will have nowhere else to store it away in future.

For my case, we have a playpen in our living room that comes with attached bassinet, diaper changing station and side-shelves for organizing baby wipes and diapers. From my experience with 1st child, playpen is good since it can be stored away easily when no longer in use, or give it away conveniently. We have space limit at home. So prefer to choose a playpen that is multi-functional, such as can be used for changing diapers, rolling crawling and playing around inside, learning to stand and sit and walk inside the playpen as the child grows. We can use it for the 1st 2 years of his life. We do not need to worry about him bumping into other hard furniture at home, or hurting himself. I can do simple chores at home, while placing him inside playpen. Just remove the bassinet in the middle, when he finally can stand up with support, so he will not fall out due to the height.

We also have baby spring cot in bedroom, mostly for night time sleeping longer hours, because the rocking motion soothes my 2nd child very much. I notice his head shape grows very nicely and proportionally, when he sleeps in the sarong. If he soils the playpen mattress cover, I can temporarily put him into the sarong, while I change the dirty mattress cover for the playpen. Likewise if I need to change the soiled sarong net, I can put him inside the playpen for a while. It is an added advantage for me to have both the playpen and sarong at home.

When my in-laws looked after my 1st child, they used traditional sarong (hooked to ceiling), adult floor mattress and basic playpen. These were all they needed. Depending on your choice, I would primarily suggest you discuss with your husband first.

Just sharing! :)

Latido_P535_Classic.jpg nappy pins.jpg

Last edited: