Estimated Costs for Little One

nixiak

Hi mummies,

Decided it was very important to sit down and finally do budgeting, if not may get a rude shock when the first little comes along. Any recent mummies here can share your experience on possible estimated monthly costs for baby during the first 6 months. 'Recent' also being costs is also more updated and not like too many years ago.

I know there are stuff like milk powder and diapers which are essentials. Others like cost of doctor visits are important. I may not have the complete picture and whole list of items in mind. Could any mummies who have walked the journey share how's the monthly cost like in the initial months and educate us. Thanks!

Suziesan

Hi,
I only give BM to my little one for the first 2 months before switching to formula. My baby drinks friso, which costs $47 frm NTUC or $44.80 frm medical hall. It depends on how much your baby can drink. For me, my baby drinks a lot. So one can of friso 1 probably lasted me 7-8 days.
As for diapers, I am using mammy poko. For the first 2 months, he poop a lot due to bm. One day can use up to 8-9 diapers. After switching to fm, less poop. So one day I probably use 6-7 diapers in order to prevent nappy rash.
My baby goes to polyclinic for vaccination. Most of the vaccine is free except pneumococcal. Can pay through Medisave. I only visited my PD 2-3 times for the past 6 months. First time visitation is about $90 and subsequent is $60.
Other money are spent on rattle toys, pram, clothes (mainly socks).

nixiak

Thanks for your inputs. Anyone else has met with other expenses that have not been already stated. Please share share.

Hi,
I only give BM to my little one for the first 2 months before switching to formula. My baby drinks friso, which costs $47 frm NTUC or $44.80 frm medical hall. It depends on how much your baby can drink. For me, my baby drinks a lot. So one can of friso 1 probably lasted me 7-8 days.
As for diapers, I am using mammy poko. For the first 2 months, he poop a lot due to bm. One day can use up to 8-9 diapers. After switching to fm, less poop. So one day I probably use 6-7 diapers in order to prevent nappy rash.
My baby goes to polyclinic for vaccination. Most of the vaccine is free except pneumococcal. Can pay through Medisave. I only visited my PD 2-3 times for the past 6 months. First time visitation is about $90 and subsequent is $60.
Other money are spent on rattle toys, pram, clothes (mainly socks).