Exercise to do after giving birth

lyra

After giving birth, what are the exercises we can do and how long after giving birth can we start? Need to resume a healthy work out! But my fren say some exercises like jogging can cause the womb to drop lower.

xiaodaisy

ya ! they say jogging can resume after like 3mths or more cos the womb haven fully go back to shape , if natural delivery , maybe sit ups can do after confinement ,so far during confinement , was told to rest more instead , other den brisk walking , nthing much can do bah ..

sometimes even standing up oso will get nag , they say later stand too long uterus drop out LOL !! unless family is open minded , can do some brisk walking during confinement and after confinement some light exercises ..

athanmiddleton

My friends suggest me to a post-natal program or pilates and yoga classes. According to them this will helps us to regain our original body shape.

lyra

That's a nice idea. I tried prenatal yoga and I enjoyed it but time is a factor. If need to care for small baby, where got time to travel to somewhere to do yoga? I was thinking jogging an hr or so below my flat when hubby is at home and then go back to take care of baby.

My friends suggest me to a post-natal program or pilates and yoga classes. According to them this will helps us to regain our original body shape.

hotmilktea

jogging will reduce breast milk. although many articles has written not true, but i read many has agreed that breast milk is reduced when they start jogging. brisk walk sld do fine. jogging after 6mths when u decide to stop breast feed.

angelababi

i heard from my mum that also can not carry heavy things .. womb also will drop ....
maybe a quick walk rather then jogging.... :eek:

Last edited:

Yuhua

After giving birth, what are the exercises we can do and how long after giving birth can we start? Need to resume a healthy work out! But my fren say some exercises like jogging can cause the womb to drop lower.
Yeah Lyra, though time is always a challanging factor esp with a little baby around, you still must ( and i really mean must) start on a postnatal exercise regime. It is really crucial to get back into shape. I have friends who totally do not worked out after delivery, they really regret cos the longer you drag, the harder it is to get rid of all the postnatal fats. Slow jog is fine as long as you do in moderation. For both my post pregnancys, i practise postnatal ashtanga yoga which was very beneficial for me as it helped me to look & feel better than I was. Nevetheless, dont give up & try to squeeze out whatever littlest amount of time you have got to help yourself regain the strength & body shape you once used to have. Cheers babe!

verieying

i heard from my mum that also can not carry heavy things .. womb also will drop ....
maybe a quick walk rather then jogging.... :eek:
hi mummies,
just sharing...
my gynae advised that woman in general is not as suitable for running as man though it's widely practiced, as womb might drop, esp. the period afer delivery...

just sharing ;)

ast0212

Pelvic floor exercises are best. I'm sure you learnt these in antenatal classes :) It strengthens your pelvic floor muscles and prevents prolapse. Do them whenever you remember.