Experience of Traffic Condition at Mount Alvernia Hospital

KhimLim

Dear All, this is my first pregnancy and my estimated delivery date is Oct 2012. This forum had provided many useful and helpful information on pregnancy, delivery and child raising, which are extremely beneficial to first-time mom.

After reading the many wonderful posted feedbacks on the delivery experience at Mount Alvernia Hospital (MAH) by fellow forum members, i plan to select it as well. However my gyn is not in favour of the decision as he informed that the road leading to the MAH car park is often congested as there is a drastic reduction in the number of car park lots as a result of the ongoing construction work in the hospital premises. He shared that there is a possibility that he might be stuck in the queue leading to the car park and compromise the safety of both mother and the baby. Hence he is not in favour of MAH for natural delivery which i am opting.

I will like to seek feedbacks from mother who had recently just delivered at MAH on the traffic condition they experienced as we are pretty disturbed and will like to know what's the actual situation like before firming up my decision. Thanks for taking time to read this post and looking forward to your responses =)

Regards, Khim

Last edited:

junebug86

Hi Khim,

I am also expecting my 1st baby in Oct. Gynae also not in favor of Mt A but after visiting the hospital twice, I still decided to stick to my decision to deliver at Mt A. Went at 2pm at both times for the hospital tour. We were stuck in the carpark for a short while during the 1st visit trying to find a valet. 2nd time was a better experience as we just headed straight to any valet attendants available.

KiBin

just take note that at certain time of the day, there will be a lot of cars queueing outside on the road leading to the hospital. last heard renovations going to complete end of August. Not sure if car park is also done around the same time..

maybe someone can help confirm?

KhimLim

Hi JuneBug86, thanks for your update. i guess the situation inside the carpark is directly affected by the number of valet attendants on duty. If there are ample valet attendants on duty, the traffic situation shouldn't be that bad. I was wondering if there are alternative parking arrangement for doctor or gyn. It will be terrible if they are caught inside the traffic queue for whatever reason.

Hi KiBin, thanks for pointing out that the queue will built up during certain time of the day. Hope the renovation will complete at end of August as what you had heard =)

Regards, Khim

junebug86

Hi Ladies,

I just went for a 2nd round hospital tour on Tuesday. According to the lady, the main lobby will be in use anytime now or 1st week of Sep. Next, they will be constructing a 9 storey carpark but it will only be completed end 2014.

Yup I believe at certain times, there will be more cars and it will depend on how many valet attendants are on duty. There are lots available for doctors but its quite limited as well. Gynae was commenting on my last appt that they still need to queue to get pass all the cars which she mentioned that it might cause them to miss the delivery. :(

KhimLim

Hi junebug86, i think we might be seeing the same gynae as those were the exact same words that he told me when i mentioned that i would be choosing Mount A over his preferred TMC :(... So hows your preparation coming along for the baby? Gotten all the necessary stuffs?

junebug86

I am seeing Dr Geraldine Tan, how about you? I have prepared almost everything for baby but not for myself lol. Have not started packing my hospital bag either.

KhimLim

I am seeing Dr Adrian Woodsworth. For me, i have gotten more or less all the things needed for the baby as well. I am now reading up on the baby sling and carriers available on the market. Need to get a good and comfortable one as i had a relatively weak back and don't want to aggravate it if i need to bring the little one out in the future.... Thinking very far ahead....hahaha..

junebug86

Dr Adrian Woodsworth is also under TMC right? Maybe that was why our gynaes were so into going to TMC for delivery instead. Lol
I only purchased a stroller, planning to get a baby carrier after delivery though.

KhimLim

That could possibly be the reason.... Lol... I was fortunate to received a stroller from my friend as their one-year old boy had outgrown it... To date, i have more or less bought most of the baby stuffs like playpen, steriliser, breast pump etc... Will keep you informed if i come across a good deal for the baby carrier ;)

sherin86

Dear All, this is my first pregnancy and my estimated delivery date is Oct 2012. This forum had provided many useful and helpful information on pregnancy, delivery and child raising, which are extremely beneficial to first-time mom.

After reading the many wonderful posted feedbacks on the delivery experience at Mount Alvernia Hospital (MAH) by fellow forum members, i plan to select it as well. However my gyn is not in favour of the decision as he informed that the road leading to the MAH car park is often congested as there is a drastic reduction in the number of car park lots as a result of the ongoing construction work in the hospital premises. He shared that there is a possibility that he might be stuck in the queue leading to the car park and compromise the safety of both mother and the baby. Hence he is not in favour of MAH for natural delivery which i am opting.

I will like to seek feedbacks from mother who had recently just delivered at MAH on the traffic condition they experienced as we are pretty disturbed and will like to know what's the actual situation like before firming up my decision. Thanks for taking time to read this post and looking forward to your responses =)

Regards, Khim
he is lk tt.. it happened to me.. and i so guai listen to him cause i scared later he dun help me do a gd job.. LOL.. and i regretted till now!!!! cause the bill at TMC cost me nearly 6k. nearly half of MAH cost! :(

Last edited:

KhimLim

he is lk that.. it happened to me.. and i so guai listen to him cause i scared later he dont help me do a good job.. LOL.. and i regretted till now!!!! cause the bill at Thomson Medical Center cost me nearly 6k. nearly half of MAH cost! :(
Hi Sherin, after discussing with him, we decide to heed his advice and chose TMC instead. Hopefully the experience at TMC will be a good one:D

sapphire

he is lk tt.. it happened to me.. and i so guai listen to him cause i scared later he dun help me do a gd job.. LOL.. and i regretted till now!!!! cause the bill at TMC cost me nearly 6k. nearly half of MAH cost! :(
hi Sherin, do you mean the bill at TMC is much higher than MAH??

junebug86

Hi Sherin,

How many bedded did you stay in Thomson Medical Center? And is it a normal delivery? I insisted on going to MAH lol. But opted for single bedded normal delivery and was quoted a total of 6k to 8k (excluding GST). Hopefully medisave can claim more ^^

Last edited:

Angpq

Hi,

How come so ex for normal delivery at TMC? I just delivered my baby gal one week ago at mount A, with single bedded and was going thru induction labour for 17 hrs end up not successful, have to go for c section emergency. the total cost for mi is ~$8.6k. After cpf deduction is $3.6k.

Hi,

How come so ex for normal delivery at TMC? I just delivered my baby gal one week ago at mount A, with single bedded and was going thru induction labour for 17 hrs end up not successful, have to go for c section emergency. the total cost for mi is ~$8.6k. After cpf deduction is $3.6k.
angpq, were u charged for both natural & csec?

cys

Mount Alvernia traffic and parking conditions is indeed very bad. Went there recently and even the valet can't help to park the cars as there was not enough ample slots around the hospital area for the valeting. I was recommended to go Gleneagles for birth but I also scare that the traffic there is also as bad as Mt Alvernia. Any mummies can advise on the traffic conditions @ Gleneagles too?