Falling Injuries

Shoppaholic

Hi, all. My baby boy is almost a year and a month old, and he falls down almost all the time. Most of the time, he'd hit his head and wail non-stop, or cut his lips and bleed for a short while. The most recent incident, was when he crawled really quickly and lost balance, fell face-down and I think his teeth ended up cutting his lips. It bled quite a bit and the wound swelled for a day or two. Now, the wound has almost healed but he fell again this morning and there was a very minor and slight bleeding.

Being a first-time mom, I'm quite paranoid and is worried that he may have suffered a concussion. P/S: He behaves normally everyday and his intake is also regular. Any advice? Thanks!

diza

If ur son falls and cries immediately, then no concussion. But if he falls hard and looks daze and confused, then he may be experiencing concussion. After he has a fall, just monitor him. If he vomits, might want to bring him to see the doctor. If he acts normally, then shouldn't be a problem. Toddlers are prone to injuries, especially boys coz they are very active. :p

Shoppaholic

If ur son falls and cries immediately, then no concussion. But if he falls hard and looks daze and confused, then he may be experiencing concussion. After he has a fall, just monitor him. If he vomits, might want to bring him to see the doctor. If he acts normally, then shouldn't be a problem. Toddlers are prone to injuries, especially boys coz they are very active. :p
Alright, thank you!

Alisa

my son is coming 18mth and he always fall down too, knock his head, eye lid, inner lips. its very common and we cannot stop him from falling cuz he is too active...