Family activities at Asian Civilisations Museum

pituitaryglenn

Alpha Male
Hi all!

Ok, here's my first post and I thought I'd share some family-friendly activities. The Asian Civilisations Museum has a new exhibition called Treasury of the World. It's about the treasures of the Mughal empire of India. Some related family programmes below:

MIGHTY MUGHALS WEEKEND FESTIVAL
27 & 28 March 2010, 12pm – 5pm; Free entry to galleries from 9am – 7pm
The magnificent Mughal Empire comes alive at the ACM! Become a mighty warrior and hone your archery skills or check out a display of deadly weaponry. Transform into a beautiful Mughal princess with free massages and hand spas, or pamper yourself with threading, henna and bejewelled handphone art. Kids can learn about the majestic Taj Mahal, dress up in costumes and pose with a live golden snake, or enjoy pony rides! Vouchers for replica weapons from Caesars and spa treatments from Atos Wellness are also up for grabs.

THE LITTLE MUGHALS CURATOR’S TOUR
13 March 2010, 2.00pm - 3.30pm; $12 per child (should be accompanied by an adult), Register at www.acm.org.sg; limited to 15 participants
Kids, it’s time to put on your Mughal finery as curator Nicola Kuok takes you on a magical journey back in time to the colourful Mughal kingdom! Listen as she unfolds wondrous stories behind the beautiful jewellery pieces. Try on exciting costumes, follow the adventure in the activity booklet and make your own Mughal motif photo frame to take home. Recommended for children aged 9-12. For more information, contact 6332 3284.

Attachments