Feeding Guideline

Venetia

Hi Mummies, can I check how much milk & feed do u normally give to yr bb? My dear son is coming to 5mths n we Are giving him 150ml. Whenever after his feeding, he will definitely cry but after we carry him for burping (he refused to sit down n burp), he will stop crying..n normally his feed can last him up to 3-4hrs. We were wondering if he is really underfed, how come he can tahan so long w/o milk..is this a sign of underfed?? But his PD said he is slightly heavier & bigger than his age n asked me if we overfed him?? Any feeding guideline to advise?i

autumn82

Hi Mummies, can I check how much milk & feed do you normally give to your baby? My dear son is coming to 5mths and we Are giving him 150ml. Whenever after his feeding, he will definitely cry but after we carry him for burping (he refused to sit down and burp), he will stop crying..and normally his feed can last him up to 3-4hrs. We were wondering if he is really underfed, how come he can tahan so long w/o milk..is this a sign of underfed?? But his pediatrician said he is slightly heavier & bigger than his age and asked me if we overfed him?? Any feeding guideline to advise?i
When Iggy was ard 5mth+, we also gave him 150ml-180ml 3hrly interval, total 5 feeds per day + 1 small bowl of cereal (started on semi solids).

Don't think he is underfed. Is he growing well? If yes, then don't worry. :)

Frenchkitty

Since he is growing well you dont have to worry about the amount he is taking.
I realise that some babies take alot, some babies take very little milk, but they still grow up healthily so not to worry.

Domique

I really envy those mummy with 5 feed per day bb. my ds is drinking 110-125ml every feed and his interval is 2-3 hours. he drinks about 8-9 times a days with 2 feeds of cereal and biscuits.

poor me... even he dun drink for 5-6 hours he also oni drink 110-125ml so he is those small meals eater and i gotta feed very constantly.

every bb is different on their diet. but as long as they are active and gaining weight = no prob.

Venetia

My girl drinking about 180ml every 4 hours.
But morning feed will be 200ml, cus hungry for 10hrs .
how old is yr girl now? just lately, I will give him 180ml for his last before he sleep but still the same, will wake up 4-5hrs later for milk..unlike past few days after his last feed at ard 7pm+, he will wake up for his morning feed ard 4-5am+..:)

autumn82

how old is your girl now? just lately, I will give him 180ml for his last before he sleep but still the same, will wake up 4-5hrs later for milk..unlike past few days after his last feed at around 7pm+, he will wake up for his morning feed around 4-5am+..:)
Growth spurts? :001_302:

Hi Mummies, can I check how much milk & feed do you normally give to your baby? My dear son is coming to 5mths and we Are giving him 150ml. Whenever after his feeding, he will definitely cry but after we carry him for burping (he refused to sit down and burp), he will stop crying..and normally his feed can last him up to 3-4hrs. We were wondering if he is really underfed, how come he can tahan so long w/o milk..is this a sign of underfed?? But his pediatrician said he is slightly heavier & bigger than his age and asked me if we overfed him?? Any feeding guideline to advise?i
Venetia,

Let's shake hands. My little rascal is like yours too so I understand your concern. Then, I found the below formula to determine if he is under or over-fed.

For minimum feed volume:
(150ml x body weight of baby) divided by (Number of feeds per day)

For maxi feed volume:
(200ml x body weight of baby) divided by (Number of feeds per day)

If he is under-fed, the milk amount will be lesser than the minimum feed volume and over-fed, will be more than the maximum feed volume.

Hope this clear your doubt.

Last edited:

Venetia

Venetia,

Let's shake hands. My little rascal is like yours too so I understand your concern. Then, I found the below formula to determine if he is under or over-fed.

For minimum feed volume:

For maxi feed volume:

If he is under-fed, the milk amount will be lesser than the minimum feed volume and over-fed, will be more than the maximum feed volume.

Hope this clear your doubt.
Oh yr boy also like that?? Anyway thAnks so much for yr advice :)

winder

dear all,

for the formula
For minimum feed volume:

For maxi feed volume:

= (200ml X 4.7kg) divided by 7 (number of feeds) = 134.
Means i should not feed over 134ml?
Meaning i've overfed my boy right?