feeling hungry and tired very easily

echua

Hello,

I'm in my 4 - 5 weeks of pregnancy and I been feeling very hungry and tired easily this time round.
2 years ago, when i'm having my son. I do feel hungry often too but not that often to the extend like now.

For example:
I ate beehoon at around 10am plus and at around 1pm plus to 2 i'm feeling hungry again. Ate a pack of chicken rice and at around 3+ and im feeling hungry again. Not only that, I feel super sleepy and tend to want to have a sleep.

Anyone encounter this before too? Feeling so hungry easily and fast?

ebichan

Hello,

I'm in my 4 - 5 weeks of pregnancy and I been feeling very hungry and tired easily this time round.
2 years ago, when i'm having my son. I do feel hungry often too but not that often to the extend like now.

For example:
I ate beehoon at around 10am plus and at around 1pm plus to 2 i'm feeling hungry again. Ate a pack of chicken rice and at around 3+ and im feeling hungry again. Not only that, I feel super sleepy and tend to want to have a sleep.

Anyone encounter this before too? Feeling so hungry easily and fast?
Hello echua
I'm around 4- 5 weeks too. This is my first pregnancy so I don't really know what to expect.
I am going to see the gynae on Saturday but probably not scan yet as it is too early to see a sac?
Prob to talk about my blood test results and what not. I'm kind worried. I have no other symptoms other than really painful boobs but they also feel like before I get my period type of pain...

sicapie

Nope, I don't have much appetite, especially during my first trimester. Maybe you may want to consume food with low GI (Glycemic Index), like brown rice and potato to feel full longer. Cuz it is not advisable to over consume and end up pilling more weight than required. :)

echua

Hello echua
I'm around 4- 5 weeks too. This is my first pregnancy so I don't really know what to expect.
I am going to see the gynae on Saturday but probably not scan yet as it is too early to see a sac?
Prob to talk about my blood test results and what not. I'm kind worried. I have no other symptoms other than really painful boobs but they also feel like before I get my period type of pain...
Hello,
I'm going to see my gynae next week too. Family clinic told me is better to go early to the gynae.

echua

Nope, I don't have much appetite, especially during my first trimester. Maybe you may want to consume food with low GI (Glycemic Index), like brown rice and potato to feel full longer. Cuz it is not advisable to over consume and end up pilling more weight than required. :)
Hahaha, I think so too. Else after birth gonna be a big headache :( But always feel hungry easily.

ebichan

echua

Have a good visit to the gynae! Let me know if can scan yet to look for sac at this early stage.
What other kinds of symptoms are you having?

sicapie

Hello echua
Most likely, the gynae will be performing Transvaginal scan, meaning that the gynae will insert the scan through your vaginal to locate the sac. :)

crabby

Hellos all! I'm currently 8w. Still feeling hungry easily, esp in the day. Then each time after I snack, I will feel sleepy.. How to work like this? Can I check what does most of you have for snacks?

echua

Hellos all! I'm currently 8w. Still feeling hungry easily, esp in the day. Then each time after I snack, I will feel sleepy.. How to work like this? Can I check what does most of you have for snacks?
Same problem with me. After I eat, I feel sleepy already. Just that, when I feel hungry I ate food instead of taking snacks. Guess, I gonna have trouble losing all this weight after birth.

ebichan

I don't think im that hungry but im just very greedy, the feeling is akin to food cravings before my period.
I wonder if everything is ok with me. I dont know yet

Are you girls avoiding coffee?

What are some no-nos for you?

crabby

Same problem with me. After I eat, I feel sleepy already. Just that, when I feel hungry I ate food instead of taking snacks. Guess, I gonna have trouble losing all this weight after birth.
What kind of food? You keep so many food at your desk ar?

I don't think im that hungry but im just very greedy, the feeling is akin to food cravings before my period.
I wonder if everything is ok with me. I dont know yet

Are you girls avoiding coffee?

What are some no-nos for you?
I'm not a coffee/tea addict, so no problem with me on that..
I eat everything.. Including sashimi (but just a few slices as compared to plates after plates in the past)
But my mum told me not to eat kang kong (cos too liang, she say last time she eat le at night cfm leg cramp), string ray (she duno the reason) and I think I will siam hum and most of the shell-seafood

Last edited:

5mummy

Hi Echua, perhaps you can try having small meals. Your blood sugar levels are fluctuating when you are pregnant, hence causing you to feel hungry more often. Try to eat healthier options that make you feel full longer.

I find that eating small meals often help a lot. :)

jelly bean

i get hungry quite often, like every 2-3 hours. i hope that is normal & i wont get a fat fat bb at the end of the day.:laugh:

crabby

Me too.. I have breakfast at 8.30am and I need to snack abit before 11am, then lunch at 11+. Then 3/4pm I have to eat again..... +_+

hyanhan

LOL, glad im not the only one that is eating like a pig.. breakfast at home at 7am, (mum made tuna sandwiches today) 1030 am 1 bowl of mee rebus, 1pm 1 bowl of ramen now at 440pm im munching 1 bread stick from bread society and 1 more for later... 1st pregnancy i only gain 7kg cos of bad morning sickness till 6mth. hope i don put on too much this time round.. most of the time i munch on chocolates too..:shyxxx:i feel like a pig now!

crabby

I cannot eat too obvious yet, cos still dun want my colleagues to know.. U made me crave for tuna and mee rebus suddenly >.<