Fetus not growing. what should I do?

good to be

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. have been looking at the forum for my same condition but can't help to post as I need advice.
by right I'm shd be in 8 weeks but the fetus stop growing at 6 weeks. Dr told me to stop my pregnancy although we still can see the heartbeat.

What should I do now? any advice for me?

angelaong

Think best to seek second opinion. Growth during first trimester is not very big and there is a heartbeat.
Must ask the doctor why he/she wants to terminate and what could be the reason for the slow growth. Don't think it is very professional to ask you to terminate the pregnancy just like this.
As a mummy, think we should do everything we can to keep the little one.

good to be

Think best to seek second opinion. Growth during first trimester is not very big and there is a heartbeat.
Must ask the doctor why he/she wants to terminate and what could be the reason for the slow growth. dont't think it is very professional to ask you to terminate the pregnancy just like this.
As a mummy, think we should do everything we can to keep the little one.

Hi angelaong, dr told me that the heartbeat will stop as it is just a matter of time. he could not explained the reason for the slow growth. last week, he had prescribed progerstone vaginal gel for me to insert every night but still seem no effect of growing. feeling so depressed n hurts that I had to terminate my pregnancy.

Mreow Mreow

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Don't terminate as long as there's still heartbeat...

Seek a 2nd opinion.

Wadever it is, don't terminate if there's still heartbeat...

Miracles can happen...

isna

Yes dun terminAte it when there is still life inside you..if it is fate that it wuld stop one day then leave it to fate...

good to be

hi ladies, thanks for the reply and encouragement. I had booked appointment with another doc. praying for miracle..

kimitsusei

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. have been looking at the forum for my same condition but can't help to post as I need advice.
by right I'm should be in 8 weeks but the fetus stop growing at 6 weeks. Dr told me to stop my pregnancy although we still can see the heartbeat.

What should I do now? any advice for me?
are you taking your folic acid and prenatal multi-vit supplement

i took both even during 1st trimester because my body was weak from the early pregnancy symptoms

so they actually helped me

agree you should obtain 2nd opinion

Last edited:

good to be

I'm having folic acid, vit supplement and duphaston but doc has stopped my duphaston tablets. now I'm only able to seek for another opinion. hope I still can hear my bb heartbeat

Mreow Mreow

Duphaston will increase your progesterone levels and help stabilize ur uterus during early pregnancy..

Hope ur new doc can continue to give u that.
Dont tell ur new doc what ur prev doc said.
He might sway and adopt the same thinking.

Good luck babe.

No matter what happens, stay strong.

And don't terminate if there's heartbeat!

If the pregnancy is really not viable,
Your body will automatically react and your period will come....

I really pray that that doesn't happen and hope u have a strong little one in u... :)

good to be

Duphaston will increase your progesterone levels and help stabilize ur uterus during early pregnancy..

Hope ur new doc can continue to give u that.
Dont tell ur new doc what ur prev doc said.
He might sway and adopt the same thinking.

Good luck babe.

No matter what happens, stay strong.

And don't terminate if there's heartbeat!

If the pregnancy is really not viable,
Your body will automatically react and your period will come....

I really pray that that doesn't happen and hope u have a strong little one in u... :)

Hi Merow Mreow

Will be seeing Dr Henry Cheng on this Wednesday. hope can hear good news from him. (praying v hard)

angelaong

Keep talking to baby tell baby be good and strong. You must eat well and sleep well too ok? Thinking too much is not good. Stay positive and try to be happy. *big hugs*

good to be

hi ladies, went to see doc and confirm there is no heartbeat in my fetus. went for wash up earlier today, both mental n physical is painful right now. everything is over

katsg

hi ladies, went to see doc and confirm there is no heartbeat in my fetus. went for wash up earlier today, both mental n physical is painful right now. everything is over
Dun brood too much over it. You can still have another baby...take care dear!

angelaong

Big big hugs. Rest well and recover fast so can have another baby ok? If you need to chat, my number is in your message box.