Fever after vaccination

Brenbelle

Just wondering if we should give bb some ginseng water or barley water before their monthly vaccination? Heard some advices from mummies that it will reduce the normal after-effect fever from bb. Is it true?

Rye

I tried barley water the day before vac at 6 mths n she still had mild fever but it was lower than previous vac. 37.3 instead of usual 37.5-37.6.
May not work for everyone.

felicity

Is it suitable for 2 mths old bb? Cos somehow I'm convinced that bb below 6 mths should only be given milk...

It depends whether you wanna give. Apparently my friend's daughter has constipation for a week, the PD ask her to abit of water before feeding. Different baby different system and different PD different advice.

As for me, I only gave my bb 20ml of china barley a day before she head for her injection and water to clean her mouth after feeding.

andieluv2

yea. i gave abit of china barley too... so far okay. no fever. keeping my fingers.crossed. if ur bb on formula then some water is okay.bcoz ppl say formula.can be heaty for bb and cause constipation which i believe bcoz i used to keep drinking those anmum etc and developed slight sorethroat after that. so even fot adults will be lidat i suppose for baby too?! anyway my bb is on total bm but.i do still give abit of water like <1oz a day for her esp in the morning after she wakes up.

For the pneumococcal jab at 4th month, 90% of the bb will develop fever after jabbing. Aiyo! Am rather scare myself, scare of bb become cranky till I can handle.

Brenbelle

Thanks all. I gave my bb ginseng water 'pao sheng' before and after vaccine. So far, no fever (touch wood) & I think it's ok to give bb small amount of water, esp after fm or relieving from hiccups.