Filing for Divorce, need help n advice

lasery2k

Hi mummies,

Seeking help as i don't know what to do and look out for in this state. Me and hub are filing for divorce to end this 3 years marriage and we have a 2.5 years old son. He say if i were to make things diffcult in the divorce, he will contest and make things messy for me also.

Would need advice on where can i find a cheap n good lawyer and also how much do i have to spend? what are the things i need to look out for when appear at court n infront of lawyer.

Super-mum

first and foremost u need a reason for divorce.

also if your husband doesn't wan u to make life difficult, have u sat down to talk about the maintenance, custody and assest division?

lasery2k

hi super mum,

yes, we had sit dwn n talk abt the maintenance, custody and assest division.

we had no house so no assets but i paid for all the furniture in the room at his parents place so i ask him to pay mi back all those things. i requested for my son custody n he say he will sacrifice n let mi have him. Maintenance we had also agreed upon.

But they way he put in-regards to son custody. he want mi to seek his approval if i were to make any decisions regarding the son which includes school, going overseas and stuffs.

The reason is because of unacceptabe behaviour of his to this family and me. and i also found out he's seeing another woman recently. i had a whatsapp msg on their conversation but no picture prove. Apparently both of them went to batam n i capture his passport with stamp on the custom chop.

lasery2k

i would like to know if i have a case here and where can i seek help on it..throughout our marriage he didn't contribute much to the household and keep taking money from me also. i just want justice to be done for me.

Super-mum

if there is no dispute it's will be smooth. For the custody, it's normal as normally the court will grant joint custody which means u have to consult him of major decision for your kids. he should be giving u the care and control of your kid.

what kind of justice u looking at? the prove of u having affair is weak. unless u have intimate photo of him with the women. the batam chomp doesn't prove anything on affair

lasery2k

how about an e-mail indicated on his booking on the hotel n trip?

i duno thats y asking..

so i assume it won't drag very long for my case. i wanted justice as in take back what i pay for during the marriage.

Super-mum

my PI n lawyer told me unless your prove is strong if not, a email indicating hotel and trip doesn't show having affair.

if u wan justice, then u have to ask for maintenance, there is not much u can to ask for what u pay in the marriage.

Maybe u can get him to pay for part of the divorce cost. ie lawyer fee

lasery2k

ic, even a hanky panky whatsapp conversation also cannot proved?

he indicated he will get a lawyer n file for divorce. but i want to engage 1 who can help mi fight for my rights n defend me too. but i don't have alot of money for it...through out the marriage i paid for almost all the things including all of son items, food and neccessities...n his school fees too. it's only this year he got a job n manage to stick to it for 1 year n quited again. during this year he gave mi 300 every mth but sometimes gt sometimes don't have n sometimes 200.

but he give liao after awhile also take some back because at the end of the mth he don't have enough to spend n will take from mi to buy cigarrate.

JanelStacey

To be honest, I dont think you can get back much "justice", if money is what you are looking at. You said he is w/o a job. If he can't even stick to a job while he is married, how can he stick to a job when he has all the freedom now?! No responsibility and burden. What makes you think so that he will give you the agreed maintenance fee?

You need enough proof before you can claim that they are having an affair. If not, he can turn back and bite you say that you are defaming him. Try to look for picture, or any recording, very obvious messages that they are flirting and all.

Hope all these helps~

lasery2k

he would be starting his new job in jan and also in jan will be our 3rd anni (which i intend to file after that so that i can proceed off with divroce straight n not separation).
i have a whatsapp conversation between him n the girl n it's really handky panky n they even mention the trip to batam together. plus i have prove on his passport to indicate he went for the trip.

but i want back my child thats all.

would appericate if anyone could provide me with good and reliable lawyers contacts which i needed most right now.

vivitan

Hi,
You may wish to explore Legal Aid Bureau - LAB > Home

Ask to see if you can file under 'unreasonable Behaviour' which is the most common reasons.

All things that you had discussed or mutually agree with him has to be put on papers and submit to Court for an Order to be passed to legalise it.

Ask for maintanance for yourself and your child, ask for him to pay for the lawyer fees. If there is property to be sold, agree on the protion or you may even asked for his CPF monies or something.

Be strong, divorce is not the end of the world.

lasery2k

hi vivian,

can't apply thru legal aid coz my pay exceed the limit liao. went to a few lawyers for consultation and spend a few hundreds on it to seek advice. only roughly know what are my masterchips and wat i can ask and seek for. at least i don't feel so lost now...still sourcing a good and budget lawyer which can help mi fight the case at a lower cost. will go ahead by next year...

vivitan

[h=1]Okay, in that case you can try go to this lawyer. I used her and two of my girl friends used her as well some 2, 3 years back.
Her charges should be around 3.5k or 4k for a straight forward no complication case. You may tell her Ivy referred you, or if not my friends' names are Cheryl or Sandy.
Her secretary is Maureen and you may call to enquire first.
Though it's sad to hear about your situation, but if things dun work just move on.
When God closes one door for you, HE will sure open another for you.
Cheer Up and All the Best!
Siaw Kheng Boon & Co

#21-14, 1 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228208

p: 68352866 f: 68352611
[/h]