Fillipino Maid

Hi all, my neighbour maid's cousin wishes to come to Spore to work as a maid and at the same time i would like to get a maid to look after my ds and housechores.

How do I go about it? paperwork? and her work permit? do I need to go thru a maid agency?

iva

Hi,

It is easy..

You can do the paperwork by yourself .. all by online except for the card.

You can read the procedure @ Ministry Of Manpower
and go to Foreign Domestic Worker..

It will take around 2-3 weeks completely.
I experienced it.

All the best...

i suggest u call n interview her 1st.
After the interview n u ok wif her u can ask her make her passport at Phil which will take abt 3 weeks.
After tat ask her to give u the details so u can apply online via MOM site.
Ministry of Manpower | e-Services and Forms
U can get more information from here.
Thanks Joeichen:) Ok i proceed to do the online application. But in this way i dun go thru an agency, if anything happen or she run away (IF), i wil be liable for it? Will u advise me to go thru an agency OR just apply her work permit on my own?

You must engage an insurance (that is now including the $5000 bonds for run-away/pregnant cause), because the insurance is used as supporting documents before you apply online. Plus, you have register your maid to the entry test & short course before her arrival here.
It's not so bad as it seems; all the steps are in MOM website, plus you can always call the FDW helpline (listed @ MOM), they help you with the steps.
Good luck!

You must engage an insurance (that is now including the $5000 bonds for run-away/pregnant cause), because the insurance is used as supporting documents before you apply online. Plus, you have register your maid to the entry test & short course before her arrival here.
It's not so bad as it seems; all the steps are in MOM website, plus you can always call the FDW helpline (listed @ MOM), they help you with the steps.
Good luck!
Thanks Orangecitrus for the infomation. :)

joeichen

Ya. Anyway even u get it fr agency n she run away we oso need to pay the $5k but thr will be a 1 mth period lah.
If she is not found within 1 mth then the 5k forfited lor.
I oso do direct employment, save alot on agent fee.
Remember muz draft a contact n sign wif her so to protect her n urself.
We can do like agency, state it clear tat after 2 years contact she will be entitled to how many days off to go home n ticket hw much etc.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Ya. Anyway even u get it fr agency n she run away we oso need to pay the $5k but thr will be a 1 mth period lah.
If she is not found within 1 mth then the 5k forfited lor.
I oso do direct employment, save alot on agent fee.
Remember muz draft a contact n sign wif her so to protect her n urself.
We can do like agency, state it clear tat after 2 years contact she will be entitled to how many days off to go home n ticket hw much etc.
Does MOM provide standard contract template?
If not everyone put their own T & Cs.... no off days... no eating... no sleeping... etc :p
How u tell the maid when u terminate her contract ah?
Dunno if she will run away 1st... or add something to your food...
:)

If not everyone put their own T & Cs.... no off days... no eating... no sleeping... etc :p
I don't think MOM has the template...I do direct employment coz the maid is proven to have good records, mine got no contracts but verbal agreement hee...
But she is made aware that if we're not satisfied we can end her contract anytime...As for run away case you must cover yourself with insurance, I got mine from MSIG; including runaway/pregnant case + hospital bills...the premi is abt 270 for 2 yrs...i find it to have a better coverage than NTUC with almost the same premi

joeichen

Hahahaha...... Uncle!!!!
U make fun of me izzit?
No lah, The off day is btw u n the maid agreement.
No eat no slp... U tink i so bad meh.
Thr is a rule tat min 8 hrs rest / slp.
Foods r standard lah, during the "course" we take, we r to give to sufficient food which include meat, veg, rice/noodles, fruits etc.
Normally is wat we eat the eat oso lor, but make sure not against their religion lah.
Run away.... haiz... sad to say we have to be responsible for tat.
Add something to food??? Haiz... no control over tat oso leh.
Wat we can do is treat them nice n hope the do the same lor.
Mayb can install a cctv to make sure she dun, but i think we cant b watch thru out the process.

Last edited:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Hahahaha...... Uncle!!!!
U make fun of me izzit?
No lah, The off day is btw u n the maid agreement.
No eat no slp... U tink i so bad meh.
Thr is a rule tat min 8 hrs rest / slp.
Foods r standard lah, during the "course" we take, we r to give to sufficient food which include meat, veg, rice/noodles, fruits etc.
Normally is wat we eat the eat oso lor, but make sure not against their religion lah.
Run away.... haiz... sad to say we have to be responsible for tat.
Add something to food??? Haiz... no control over tat oso leh.
Wat we can do is treat them nice n hope the do the same lor.
Mayb can install a cctv to make sure she dun, but i think we cant b watch thru out the process.
haha! No kidding.... last Sun morn eating BF at coffee shop with DW... this family (Parents + grandma + 2 young kids + 1 maid).... all eating/drinking BF... the maid feeding the 2 kids... the 2 kids running ard... all eating except the maid.
My DW see liao also angry....

joeichen

Me not so bad lah.
Normally I feed my DS myself n let the maid eat 1st. After she finish n my DS finish, she take care of him while I eat.
COMFIRM!!!! cant let my DS run ard while eating.
Tis is a NO NO!!
I hate it when i c kids running ard n let the person who feed them run after them.
When my DS run around when my maid feed him, i will ask my maid sit thr n dun run after him while i get my cane...