Final Shortlist - Dr Adelina Wong and Dr Chua Yang

New Daddy

Alpha Male
Hey, seems like I am down to 2 doctors for my final shortlist. As I will be taking wife for consultation tmr, would appreciate feedback on these 2 doctors asap.

Called up these 2 clinics to enquire about their packages and the limited info I have is as follows:

1) Dr Adelina Wong - $628 starts from week 16, includes the usual consultation and urine tests and scans. Goes to Mt A and TMC. Staff seems quite polite.

2) Dr Chua Yang - $1200 starts at week 16, includes the usual consultation and scans and I think more tests (if not shouldn't be so much more ex right?). Also includes 1 post-natal check. Her C-section charge is $1800. Staff quite polite also.

I suspect Dr Chua provides more test as her package is almost double. Also shortlisted them due to feedback from this forum that they have good stitching skills, which is impt as wife wants to go for c-section.

I need more feedback from all who have heard about these 2 doctors, or have been seen by them. Anyone who took up packages please advise too. Thank you. :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub::tlaugh::eek::red::wong19::Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

kathtan

I don't know abt Dr WOng but I have been seeing Dr Chua Yang for my twins this year. In fact, when my water bag burst 2 months prematurely, she strongly encouraged me to go to KKH instead of getting her to deliver as the costs to deliver premature twins would be very very costly in a private hospital. This means she is forgoing a business deal but she was very caring and worried about my financial status. She even called me up after i delivered to check on the status as well. I went back to her to check on my stitches and will be going back to her for my pap smear. Dr Chua is very friendly and down to earth. Her 2 staff are also super friendly.
I didn't have any package with her as i was carrying twins. Not sure about the content of her package.
Choice is yours:)

matka

Hi New Daddy

I'm a patient of Dr Wong's. Had my first child delivered by her after she went into private practice, and now continuing with her for my second. I'm very comfortable with her and she puts me at ease for normal tests like pap smear, etc. She takes time to chat with us and doesn't rush through the appointment.

The tests we were given were adequate.

Generally, my husband who's in the medical fraternity (but not in O&G) actually prefers a male obstetrician. But he knew that I would be more comfortable with a female doctor. We were referred to Dr Wong by my husband's friend who's also a doc, and his wife was her patient too.

A few of my friends now go to her and had their kids delivered by her. So far so good :)

Hope this helps

New Daddy

Alpha Male
Hi Matka,

Thanks for info on Dr Wong. Jus wondering if she is good at C-section. Was yours natural birth or C-section?

matka

Hi New Daddy

I tried to go for natural but the labour didn't progress after a while, so we had to go for c-section in the end. Everything went well and the op was very quick.

shespice

Hello
I go to Dr Chua Yang. Stumble upon the website while looking for a female gynae. She delivered my baby last Dec through C-sec. I was trying for natural but oh well had to do C-sec in the end. Dr Chua Yang is very informative and also take time to explain things that you wish to know. I think she did good with the c-sec as i do not have obvious visible scar and I am happy with that :). As yes her 2 assistants are also very friendly.
I like her clinic also because I feel very relaxed there and its not a busy and noisy as some other clinics that I have been to.

veronica

I had just given birth and my gynae is Dr Chua.

Expect to wait as her consultation is long. She is the type who will answer ur questions one by one thus each of the consulation can be as long as 15mins..

New Daddy

Alpha Male
well well well... seems like both are good... which compounds my problem now... ha ha.. thank all of you for the feedback..... any negative feedback to quicken my decision-making process??

New Daddy

Alpha Male
Any differences in the package for both the doctors? $1200 includes what and $628 includes what? Other than the 1 post-natal checkup included in Dr Chua's package, what other differences are there? since all of you have dither been to Dr Chua or Dr Wong, can share the difference? Seems Dr Wong's consultation charges are quite ex. Any advice?

matka

hi New Daddy

Sorry I won't be able to advise you on the rates because I'm going on a different system. I have a friend who went to a gynae in Gleneagles though and wanted to switch docs cos she didn't like her original one. When she compared rates with Dr Wong's she found that Dr Wong's consult fees were lower, but tests were slightly higher. It kind of evens out in the end I think.

It's probably better to speak to Jolene or Kelly from Dr Wong's clinic to find out what the package entails. And also to Dr Chua's staff.

shespice

Hi New Daddy,

Hmmm, I think besides the charges or package offered, I would choose the gynae whom I feel more comfortable with. My previous gynae at Thomson was also a female and in fact I was with her for some time but even with the many times with her, I didn't find her approachable or willing to explain things to us especially for new parents to be. I was just told to take this test and that test if I wanted without explaining and advising. So in the end, I went on to search for another and that's when I chance upon Dr Chua Yang who was so different and helpful. Even my husband was comfortable with her attitude :). So maybe since you could try them before taking up any package and see who your wife would be more comfortable with before deciding?

New Daddy

Alpha Male
Hi New Daddy,

Hmmm, I think besides the charges or package offered, I would choose the gynae whom I feel more comfortable with. My previous gynae at Thomson was also a female and in fact I was with her for some time but even with the many times with her, I didn't find her approachable or willing to explain things to us especially for new parents to be. I was just told to take this test and that test if I wanted without explaining and advising. So in the end, I went on to search for another and that's when I chance upon Dr Chua Yang who was so different and helpful. Even my husband was comfortable with her attitude :). So maybe since you could try them before taking up any package and see who your wife would be more comfortable with before deciding?

Hi . I understand that costs and the package contents should not be the sole consideration but seems that despite being down to the final 2, many are still giving good and equal feedback to both. Hence, its prob down to considering costs and package contens.

shespice

Hi . I understand that costs and the package contents should not be the sole consideration but seems that despite being down to the final 2, many are still giving good and equal feedback to both. Hence, its prob down to considering costs and package contens.
yes definitely costs and contents should be a consideration :). try to call up the respective clinics and find out what is included. there must be some differences since the cost between the two is almost double.
Hope you would be able to come to your decision soon :).

PinkDiamonds

I had my daughter with Dr Adelina Wong. She was actually recommended by my friend, as her MIL also sees her! (Follow her from KK to private practice).

I did not source for other gynae as the staff there are very friendly and fun. They offer you advice and will always make you feel like you are the only patient. As I usually end up going for my appointment when there is a crowd in the clinic (usuallyl 4-5 patients ahead of me), I find that they handle the "peak hours" very well. Sometimes they will advice u to go for your tests first, or go eat breakfast, then when it is nearing your turn they will call you on ur HP.

As for Dr Wong, she made me feel very comfortable during my visits. She will advice you to take the vitamins/supplements but always leave you to make the final decisions. She is also a very strong advocate of cervical cancer prevention & strongly advised me to get the jab but I refused and she was also okay with it. She will also slowly explain things to you & will not make you go for unneccessary tests.

As for the pre-natal package, it is $628 before GST. Includes urine test, weight, blood pressure, ultrasound scan. It was okay for me because in the end I did not even take any vitamins/supplements from them (ended up taking my own). & I think the cost work out quite alright.

One more thing the $628 doesn't include the baby monitoring. This is the one where they attach the heart rate monitor on your tummy during your last few visits to check if baby is doing well.

rosdiah

I had my first child with Dr Adelina when she is still practising in KKH.. She is an extremely friendly doc.. She puts me at ease during consultation period and she explains things in detail as well..

I had recommend a friend to her before and no regrets...

You can try her services..

jas16

I'm going to Adelina Wong, she's friendly and calm. Goes through proper explanation of tests goals and results.. she's actually away during my week 36, 37 but she made provisions by having Dr Khi check up on me, appreciate that.. Generally, her package includes the basic ultrascans, monthly checkups. Supplements you'd buy as extra.. I had to pay for DS test, blood test seperate to TMC.

shulyn

Any differences in the package for both the doctors? $1200 includes what and $628 includes what? Other than the 1 post-natal checkup included in Dr Chua's package, what other differences are there? since all of you have dither been to Dr Chua or Dr Wong, can share the difference? Seems Dr Wong's consultation charges are quite ex. Any advice?
Hi New Daddy,

Im with Dr Adelina Wong, delivered my boy sucessfully via c-session in jan'09...She is really gentle, operation process is quick, less than20 mins and my little one is out:)

As for her pkg, its only aft 16 weeks then you can sign up the pkg, vitamins, calcium and fish oil is not included, my monthly supplements cost around $70+...The pkg doesnt included the CTC monitoring, test etc...

nancy

Hi New Daddy,

Im with Dr Adelina Wong, delivered my boy sucessfully via c-session in jan'09...She is really gentle, operation process is quick, less than20 mins and my little one is out:)

As for her pkg, its only after 16 weeks then you can sign up the pkg, vitamins, calcium and fish oil is not included, my monthly supplements cost around $70+...The pkg doesnt included the CTC monitoring, test etc...
I just gave birth in May and my baby girl was delviered by Dr Adelina Wong. She is a very good, patient, friendly, understanding doctor. Her staff are also very helpful too. She really put me at ease. Btw I went thro natural birth with epidural. My baby came out within 45 mins of pushing.