finding out how many of you get maid?

integrasky

Alpha Male
hi, just wanna ask how many of you get a maid after the confinement month?

my story is that... i had a confinement nanny during the 1st month and i have to admit she did a damn good job for me, my wife and our little princess.. i felt so assured when i leave for work in the morning and even if have to work late, i know that both my wife and baby will be in good hands...
however, good time passes quickly, she left yesterday... and somewhat... my wife shed tears when she left and even for me.. i trying hard to hold this emotion back... Even my parent who stay with us then were also affected by her departure... She was really wonderful.... been really blessed to have her to help us out...

so now after she is gone and also after discussions and sharing from my friends... they recommended us to look into alternative for having maids to help out since both of us are working and require long working hours... so its not that ideal to shift baby care to our parents as they are pretty old as well....

but my wife do have a lot of bad impressions of maid ill-treating babies and stealing and even having affairs outside or what so ever....

so would like to find out how many young parents share the same view or did venture out the possibility of having maid so far?

thanks...

apollo

Since your parents is staying with your, I think it is perfectly alright to hire a maid. Your parents will be at home most of the time right? If so, they can help to supervise the maid. Or you can plan this way: your parents help to tc of your baby while the maid take cares of the housework including washing baby's stuff. And with your parents ard I'm sure your will feel more assured that the maid cannot get any chances to do anything to your baby and if she is not good, your parents will spot it immediately. But if your parents will not be staying with you for long term then I think hiring a maid might not be the best option since you and your wife gonna wk.

As for your wife, I think it is pretty normal for her to feel stress and fearful. The 1st 3 mths of parenthoos is never easy, esp for a 1st time mother. All she needs now is the whole family's understanding. Try to help her as much as you can. I rmb I used to cry alot when ds was young, even quarrelled with my hub cos I felt that he wasnt doing much (though he has done alot). Dont wry, this is just a passing phase. =)

fionliu

Hi, i oso hire a maid after my confinement period, my situation same with u , my mother in law staying with us so I hire a maid to concentrate on my baby while my mother in law help me to supervise on my maid, I agree that since ur mum is not working, u dun have to worry she will up to something, but best to hire one that got expereience in taking cate babies so to make ur mum job easier, my maid deal with my daughter very well and me and husband no worry when we go work, so not all maid are bad dun worry

integrasky

Alpha Male
haha... okok.. thanks for sharing...

but as for maid wise... whats the rate now? understand that different countries origin are of different costs... my friends recommend me maid from myammar.. whats ur view then?

haha... okok.. thanks for sharing...

but as for maid wise... whats the rate now? understand that different countries origin are of different costs... my friends recommend me maid from myammar.. whats ur view then?

Personally i prefer a maid who speaks good English, for good mutual communication. With a new baby, i need my helper to understand my instructions quickly and accurately.
I have no experience with maids from Myanmar, but i heard their English standards are not good, my previous indonesian maids also do not speak english well, and i had to call my dad to translate my instructions to malay. Thankfully, i have no communication issues with my filipino helper now, in fact she is simply wonderful. So, i guess, go with Filipinos! My maid's rate is $370, alternate sundays off . Hope this helps

Last edited:

eurostar

I wanted to get a maid but my in-law say they can handle so dun need
see how it goes...sometime really felt vali tired but still need to handle housework eg mop floor/wash clothes/iron clothes/wash baby bottle/etc etc
by the time i can sleep is almost 1am :(

Mummy to Baby V

I live with hubby's family in KL, with a family helper. She takes care of housework, so I can concentrate on taking care of son, homeschooling him and working from home. She's really a good helper, Indonesian with some knowledge of English.

Filipino from kampong area may have a very different English accent that's hard to understand. Just be aware of this.

Getting a good helper depends a lot on luck.

keefu

Personally i prefer a maid who speaks good English, for good mutual communication. With a new baby, i need my helper to understand my instructions quickly and accurately.
I have no experience with maids from Myanmar, but i heard their English standards are not good, my previous indonesian maids also do not speak english well, and i had to call my dad to translate my instructions to malay. Thankfully, i have no communication issues with my filipino helper now, in fact she is simply wonderful. So, i guess, go with Filipinos! My maid's rate is $370, alternate sundays off . Hope this helps
Hi, care to share your agency? Your maid's salary seems more cheaper??

feeyona

im due in early April and my myanmar maid will arrive end of March, hopefully.
agree with the rest that employing maid sometimes its all about luck.

Frenchkitty

My MIL also always claim she can handle my toddler son n all the housework + cooking on her own n said no need maid but obviously she can't since she is already 60 yrs old.

I used to come home from work exhausted n so is she, after cooking gotta wash n mop the oily place, wash n hang clothes, day time go market, still hv to take care of my son & my bro-in-law who still studying. Zzzzzzz...

In the end, I quit my job to look after my son myself cos she simply can't handle.
All the bottles n baby feeding utensils not washed left dirty in the sink till next morning, toys strewn everywhere n cannot find our things....
Now with me as a SAHM things r better but Eventually I will return to work when my son attends Nursery n Kindy then I will hire a maid..

Helpers. Can't live with them, can't live without them