first day at infant care center

ducky

I had to enrol my 8 months old daughter hurriedly to infant care in CBD area due to nanny issues. Yesterday was the first day and there was a lot of crying. I was expecting this but what did surprise me was the attitude of the teachers there. Their idea of smooth transition seems to be “let the baby cry till she can't cry no more so that they realize crying is not going to help”. I know on the first day they could not have done much for my daughter, but several other babies who were there since 4/5 months were also crying and there was not much of an effort from the teachers to cool them down. I did not see any teacher picking up a crying child and really making efforts to make them happy, either they would rock the baby heavily in rocker or at most pat them on the back.

Does any one know a better place, where teachers are ready to take care of children and not only focus on the completing the daily chorum. I just want to get some feel about how it works, so that I can look for another one. If most of the ICCs have same attitude then I need to workout something else.

Please this is quite urgent ......................

Ashbaby

Maybe u can look for other infant care. This is wat happened to my niece, her voice is hoarse from rounds of crying in infant care.

Ting

I had to enrol my 8 months old daughter hurriedly to infant care in CBD area due to nanny issues. Yesterday was the first day and there was a lot of crying. I was expecting this but what did surprise me was the attitude of the teachers there. Their idea of smooth transition seems to be “let the baby cry till she can't cry no more so that they realize crying is not going to help”. I know on the first day they could not have done much for my daughter, but several other babies who were there since 4/5 months were also crying and there was not much of an effort from the teachers to cool them down. I did not see any teacher picking up a crying child and really making efforts to make them happy, either they would rock the baby heavily in rocker or at most pat them on the back.

Does any one know a better place, where teachers are ready to take care of children and not only focus on the completing the daily chorum. I just want to get some feel about how it works, so that I can look for another one. If most of the ICCs have same attitude then I need to workout something else.

Please this is quite urgent ......................
erm, no i dont think my daughter's CC does that, they have ICC too but i dont see the babies in there crying non stop, even those new comers. as for the older kids like toddlers or N1 kids, the teacher wont allow them to cry non stop either. they will comfort them and let them stop crying.

ducky

Ashbaby / Ting, thanks for your response. I am searching for something near serangoon/houngang area now. Will keep you posted.

MsKoh1973

Maybe you can consider Kinderland, last time my girl ever went to the infant care there. The fees higher compared to the other school, so not so many infants enrol.

Crying is one thing, baby go infant care sure will be sick very frequent, you must be prepared. Last time, I always used up all my leave cos my girl always sick, after she recovered, I sick. Sianz........

Err..... this is not to frighten u, just hope u be prepared.