First Family Trip!

lisag88

My hubby and I are bringing our 3 year old son and 19 month old daughter to Japan in March. Disneyland!

Its our first trip overseas with the kids and I would like to get some advice on how to calm them down on the plane. I've heard tons of babies wailing on the plane previously and would like to avoid disturbing the people around us. Any tips Mummies?

Also anything else that could come useful during the trip, please share your experiences with me.

I would like to make this trip a memorable one for the family :)

That is really great you and your family had a very great time there, specially kids gonna love it. Don't forget to take each and every thing your kids are habitual, especially for the little one. Take care and have fun.

lisag88

Thanks!

Oh yes! My little babies can't live without their bedroom buddies. They will remind me if I do forget. Hahaha!

diza

Just remember to let ur kids suck some sweets to reduce ear pressure. I've seen 2 kids (both Abt the same age) on a flight and one was wailing non stop while the other just kept quiet and continued to suck her thumb.

And bring toys that they never play before to excite them.. Get them to do activities like colouring or writing. Once they start to get bored, give them something new to do.

irvykitty

Ya bring your iphone or smart phone, upload with the movie they like. Prepare water or milk before onboard. The moment plane take off or before landed can give them drink to reduce the ear pressure.

lisag88

Thanks everyone for your input! This is trip is going to be really memorable for all of us with all your help! Shall post some updates on the trip whe we get back, if you guys would like it :)

Bluebeari

Another healthy alternative to reduce ear pressure is to let children sip water using a straw as it's still the same suckling motion.